PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-24-2010, 01:35 AM #1
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Talking Where to play in West Washington? Tacoma/ Penisula Area fields and games?

Hey all I am new to the area and looking for a good crowd to run with. Just looking for some good games and paintball the way it was meant to be played (meaning fun competition).

I am old (compared to teenagers and college kids) and out of shape but working on changing the out of shape part at least. Looking to play for fun, not conquer some league or become a ranked player. Hate the tourney ball attitude that goes with wiping and overshooting. Loved the local tourneys in Utah where I came from. I ran with a loosely organized group of guys that would play in local tournaments and scenarios. Played rec ball in between and a little bit of woodsball. Would love to be playing more pump and want to find a team to play with in tournaments.

Lets see about me: I love to send people on long walks to the dead box, I shoot a Viking (someday my Valhalla Viking when I get done making everyone else's), one ball with my mech mag or shoot my pump mag depends on the game and whose in. Maybe one of these days I will get my excal back together or get my act together and buy a gun that was made less than 5 years ago. . . but I am not in a hurry. Think I am ranked rookie but not afraid of better players. I want to get better and have fun.

Live in Gig Harbor (as of a whole week ago now). Don't play on Sundays. Happy to travel for the right game/ tournament but not really looking to go out of state. Being an adult I am more than capable of paying my own way.

Wondering about Mike's, Thunder paintball and Danger Zone. Looks like Axis and Allies is coming up. Anyone going? Is it any good? As in can you move and shoot or do you end up camped spraying paint all day? Other events in the Seattle Tacoma area I should know about?

Ok guys help me out I am dying to get out for a game soon. And thanks in advance.
matteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2010, 10:31 AM #2
keoni-svx

keoni-svx helped look for balloons
keoni-svx is for the Gunfight
Operation paintball in Graham wa is about forty five minutes away from gig harbor, I'm in university place and make the drive every weekend.

Op has there d-day event on June fifth, you should definately check it out.
keoni-svx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:28 AM #3
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by keoni-svx View Post
Operation paintball in Graham wa is about forty five minutes away from gig harbor, I'm in university place and make the drive every weekend.

Op has there d-day event on June fifth, you should definately check it out.
Oh yeah is that a pretty good event? How many people will be playing? Will definitely add it to my list of fields to check out.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 AM #4
keoni-svx

normally its a good turnout. the team running it this year, its there first time running a D-day they have produced other big games though.

Some other fields in our area are dangerzone on Ft lewis, which has a great airball field but lacks in the woodsball. there woodsball is very "natural" not alot of built cover, mostly trenches. Decent urban though, maze like buildings and vehicles.

KC's is in orting little farther out then OP, never actually played there heard mixed things about them though.

Mikes Pb in puyallup, is only speedball

I know theres some fields on your side of the bridge, like NW paintball park and paradox's field also
Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 PM #5
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Greater Tacoma Area:

Operation Paintball - Terrible speedball field (though I gather they are working on that one) and a very fun urban field with a few wooded fields. Good turn out but there are some folks there who enjoy blasting newbies unfortunately.

KC Crusaders - A small hyperball field and some nice wooded fields. Speedball field generally isn't inflated. They run a 24 hour game that is absolute blast and you should really check out.

Mikes Paintball - Fun speedball field. Not sure what the turnout is like but I've always had a good time there.

Dangerzone - Going there for the first time this weekend. Speedball field looks awesome but I don't know anything else about this field.

North of Seattle:

Forest Fire - No speedball but some really fun woodsball fields. Their D-Day is a great time and I'd recommend checking it out.

DBS Outdoor - Fun urban field and I generally really like the weekend crowd. One of my favorite places to play recball and I'm not just saying that because of my signature.

DBS Indoor - Old field burned down a few months back and the new location is on the verge of opening. I haven't see the new space in person but most of my friends have and the reviews are all extremely positive. It will be awesome! A bit of drive for you but definitely worth check out when the rain hits.

Other things to do:

CDR - The new CDR field on Whidbey Island is coming along nicely. Recently opened and I haven't checked out the woodball there yet but they have some really nice speedball fields. They are sorting out the surface but I've enjoyed by my trips up there.

Supergame - The biggest game on the west coast is the Super game and it runs multiple times a year a little bit south of Portland. Went for the first time this year and had a blast. Definitely worth checking out.

There are many other fields but I stuck to the ones I'm familiar with.
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:34 PM #6
keoni-svx

yeah the next supergame is aug 20-22, i went to my first one last month and it was a blast, i definately recommend going to one!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:55 PM #7
i_luv_strats
Free techs+repairs PM me!

i_luv_strats helped look for balloons
i_luv_strats owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_luv_strats supports Team VICIOUS
Cool thing you moved out here, maybe I'll get to drool over a valhalla some time.

Originally posted by psiborg: Don't get one...I relate buying an AKA product to trying Crack. Sure it's fun at the start but then you just want more and more until you're ready to sell your family to a shady guy in a zoot suit for that FSP/Tarantula/Halfmill/Fullmill/Bonebrake etc. Damn now I've gone and soiled myself."
Furious Paintball Lotus barrel review .686 .689 .693 bores
i_luv_strats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:19 PM #8
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_luv_strats View Post
Cool thing you moved out here, maybe I'll get to drool over a valhalla some time.
Hey strats you in the area? Let me know when and where you are playing maybe we can meet up. I will bring something to show off for sure.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:55 PM #9
omaker
CHILL N' KILL

omaker plays in the PSP
omaker plays in the APPA D3 division
check out this link to what should be an AMAZING day of paintball
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3383137
Become a fan of team Notorious on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104333070025
Best PB site for updates on the world of paintball
Propaintball.com
omaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:26 PM #10
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Strats is close. Silverdale and Gig Harbor are not too far apart.
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:38 AM #11
i_luv_strats
Free techs+repairs PM me!

i_luv_strats helped look for balloons
i_luv_strats supports Team VICIOUS
15-20min drive from here. Got a fun big game coming up july 5th called "alien invasion" at northwestpaintballpark in bremerton. you would definately want to hit up those events at dz and op they are a lot of fun. plenty of good paintball going on in the next few months.

Originally posted by psiborg: Don't get one...I relate buying an AKA product to trying Crack. Sure it's fun at the start but then you just want more and more until you're ready to sell your family to a shady guy in a zoot suit for that FSP/Tarantula/Halfmill/Fullmill/Bonebrake etc. Damn now I've gone and soiled myself."
Furious Paintball Lotus barrel review .686 .689 .693 bores
i_luv_strats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:58 AM #12
UKM12

UKM12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UKM12 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_luv_strats View Post
15-20min drive from here. Got a fun big game coming up july 5th called "alien invasion" at northwestpaintballpark in bremerton. you would definately want to hit up those events at dz and op they are a lot of fun. plenty of good paintball going on in the next few months.
And since strats barely said anything about "alien invasion" I will. In my very small experience in washington paintball. From what I've read, heard, and seen these guys are putting a great deal of effort into making this an amazing event. I am a strictly speedball player considering playing this only because it sounds like so much fun.
UKM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:51 AM #13
AM_PM (Banned)
Pineapple Express

AM_PM supports Team VICIOUS
Your more than welcome to come out to our field. We are right off of Highway 3 in Belfair.
AM_PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:14 PM #14
hichucho
Play Hard

hichucho is playing at Living Legends III
D-Day at OP is always fun. I've gone the last 3 years. I'm usually the only one rocking a pump but I think this year a few more players will shoot a pump.

KC Crusaders has a 24 hour game. Not bad. Pretty good crowd.

DangerZone is another place to play. Overall, several cool places and events to check out.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:42 AM #15
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hichucho View Post
D-Day at OP is always fun. I've gone the last 3 years. I'm usually the only one rocking a pump but I think this year a few more players will shoot a pump.

KC Crusaders has a 24 hour game. Not bad. Pretty good crowd.

DangerZone is another place to play. Overall, several cool places and events to check out.
Somehow I thought OP and DZ were the same place. Guess not cool that means I have another one to add to the list. I am thinking I will make it out to D-day since it is the next time I will be able to go out for a day of paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM_PM View Post
Your more than welcome to come out to our field. We are right off of Highway 3 in Belfair.
Would love to. Keep me posted on the next time you all will be there. Especially if it is a Friday.

Anyone ever head up north and play the 10 man? BYOP and old school 10 man I am thinking I am going to have to find my way onto a team but have to see if there is a work conflict.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3389183
Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 AM #16
podhustler
[Half Block]

podhustler plays in the PSP
podhustler helped look for balloons
podhustler is playing at Living Legends III
podhustler plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteusz View Post
Somehow I thought OP and DZ were the same place. Guess not cool that means I have another one to add to the list. I am thinking I will make it out to D-day since it is the next time I will be able to go out for a day of paintball.

Would love to. Keep me posted on the next time you all will be there. Especially if it is a Friday.

Anyone ever head up north and play the 10 man? BYOP and old school 10 man I am thinking I am going to have to find my way onto a team but have to see if there is a work conflict.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3389183
You should really come out to OP for D-Day June 5th man!
OP <3's AKA!

My team and O'Makers team are hosting the event. We have put in 100+ hours of labor into the field for it, so hopefully we have the 200+ tournout we had last year.

We have a few AKA lovers out at OP too, myself included. If you have any nice Vikings bring them out D-Day, we have a player by the name of Tod who has more than a few Vikings and loves AKA in general.

Operation Paintball
Boss Paintball
podhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:44 PM #17
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by podhustler View Post
You should really come out to OP for D-Day June 5th man!
OP <3's AKA!

My team and O'Makers team are hosting the event. We have put in 100+ hours of labor into the field for it, so hopefully we have the 200+ tournout we had last year.

We have a few AKA lovers out at OP too, myself included. If you have any nice Vikings bring them out D-Day, we have a player by the name of Tod who has more than a few Vikings and loves AKA in general.
I'll have to toss something Valhalla in the bag and see about coming out. I am still finalizing plans for the summer so I can make the stuff I really want to go to. Sounds like it will be a good day of play.

Any chance either of your teams is going to the 10 man game?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 PM #18
matteusz

Annual Supporting Member
Wife's work schedule and negotiations all worked out. I can either do a scenario on the 5th or the 10 man on the 19th but not both. Can get out in the afternoon for a bit next weekend to play and meet some people. Would love to make it a "team" practice for the 10 man tournament. So anyone up for a little old school ball?

Where should I go to meet players for the 10 man? Strats are you all going?

Also very seriously planning for the 5th of July at Northwestpaintball. Should be a blast.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 AM #19
pogyken

Thanks all for all the good field information in this thread. Any similar feedback on local merchants (Tacoma Area) for selection, quality, friendliness, etc?
pogyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 PM #20
paint girl

JULY 5th @ the Northwestpaintballpark: Game Format for Alien InvasionIn most movies with Aliens involved, there are common themes:
One where the Humans must venture out into the scary forest/tunnels/spaceship to stop the Aliens taking over everything, and then fight their way through wave after wave of Aliens that seem to respawn as fast as they're shot, while fixing/blowingup/finding some key plot device. Or as I like to call it - I'M NOT GOING IN THERE FIRST, YOU GO IN THERE FIRST! The second is where the humans have to hold off a cunning/massive/surprise alien attack until they are rescued or wiped out (except of course for the main character) Or as I like to call it - WE’RE IN SOME PRETTY DEEP POO NOW.

On July 5th, we’re going to have two games that will use these common themes as inspiration.
Game 1 - I'M NOT GOING IN THERE FIRST, YOU GO IN THERE FIRST!: An elite force of humans (the Earth Response Force or ERF) must attack into the 30 acres of woods at NWPP that have been infested with Aliens. ERF must find and capture three life pods 'hidden' in the woods that the aliens are using to invade our world. The human team must capture as many life pods as possible to stop the alien invasion. Each life pod captured can give a significant bonus that either help ERF or penalize the Aliens, and may apply to both games! To gain each bonus, the humans must bring the captured life pod to their spawn point. Watch out for the Alien's Death Dealer, the PHAT. The PHAT will be out to stop ERF.

Game 2 – WE’RE IN SOME PRETTY DEEP POO NOW: The humans must defend Fort Sasquatch and the castle from an Alien Invasion to prevent the recapture of the life pods gained in game 1. Aliens will be coming for ERF.

At this event, expect to have to deal with the Tank, Paint Grenades, Massive Charges, and Crazy Fun.

check out site at northwestpaintballpark.com
paint girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:31 AM #21
Ix Zulu16 xI

Hey! from Seattle WA, im trying to start a team called Carnage Calvary or just Carnage, but yea if any of yall are interested, im just about to get alot of new gear and im trying to have this thing set up for next years events along the coast or just locally for now, so if your interested in joining and can help with sponsors that'd be great. the only problem is its totally from scratch pretty much but together i think we can make magic, the sport of paintball seems very inactive right now and me and some friends hope to bring it back up so if your whilling and can work together to make this thing happen then we'd love to have you aboard.