ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-15-2008, 10:00 AM #22
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIVW View Post
with OA being a horrible field i would say NO nobody plays there anymore, the refs are more occupied with thair cellphones and talking to thair friends than actually reffing the damn game! the fields are in dissaray and shabby. so i beleve the question was anwsered.
That's funny, it's the same experience I had on a half inflated, non-mirrored airball field at Rt. 40.

Well, to actually get back on the topic and not be a raging prick about implying the wrong answer, I still play in Bowie. Lots of people still play at Bowie, and at OA's other field in Rosedale. Just because a few people have sand in their vaginas, doesn't mean everyone else does. We are always looking for players in either aspect of the sport. If you're looking to play tournament ball, I can direct you to somebody. They're currently training to compete in the GPL but use OA for practice since all the retards who hog airball fields for one on ones all day aren't there anymore. If you're looking to play in the woods, let me know.

I've been to taneytown, and yes, they have a nice set up. I particularly like the air fill station being self serve. That's a good field all around. I've been to 40 and that experience sucked. I can't even believe I actually payed money to play there. I think the only people who don't find 40 to be the worst field in MD are the people who get away with doing whatever the hell they want there or haven't played anywhere else. The refs sure weren't paying attention to the games. They were facing away from the fields the whole time. Beach attack in OC is the same way with the reffing, but with a better maintained field than 40. I participated in one of their "senior week" specials and called for a paint check. I got a reply along the lines of "If you're experienced enough to know to call one, go check him yourself" as the ref went back to talking to some ***** through the net. Hate if you want, I just disagree through personal experiences as to which field in MD is the worst. Then again, instead of *****ing about how horrible the field is at Bowie, what changes in your opinions would bring that field around? Reffing is always a problem at any field. I haven't seen it at Taneytown yet, but I'm sure they have their fair share. The smell? That's the **** we shoot from our markers, not the field. Has anybody brought these ideas up to the owners of the field to fix the problem instead of taking the lazy way about things and just badmouthing them on the internet? Fields in our area are few and far between. Its not like HB out here with a field every 10 blocks. Believe it or not, the field owners would like to retain and gain more business. If the paying customers speak, they're gonna listen.

Last edited by stevebski : 03-15-2008 at 05:00 PM.
stevebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2008, 05:01 PM #23
Revolution_32
Live paintball, Play life

Revolution_32 supports Cereal Killerz 2
My team, Revolution, practices there most weekends, with the exception being tournaments, and days where we practice elsewhere. We play D2 almost frees and will be playing rookie at the CCPL, GPL, and possibly the PAP series if money allows.

We are always looking for teams to come out and scrimmage against, especially more experienced teams. Revolution is sponsored by OA, and we will be willing to make arrangements for airball fields, etc.

As for the field conditions, let me set a few things straight. Just recently new homes have been built within 300 feet of the hyperball and airball fields. Due to the legality of the whole thing (they legally own the land, and OA is leasing in a sense), OA has had to shift the fields away from these news homes being built. So the airball fields have been torn down, and hyperball has been moved. As of this point in time, they are working to put up a net, and set up the airball bunkers, and expect to have that done within the next 1-2 weeks, in time for the March 30th, Almost Free Five Man.

If anyone has any questions or is looking to scrimmage feel free to e-mail me at Mike@revolutionpaintball.net

Thanks,
-Mike
Team Revolution
www.revolutionpaintball.net
#32 Mike Stevens

PAP Family
Revolution_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:23 PM #24
Skeet In The Jello
I <3 Jello

Sure Shot ftw. and CK is playing the 30th tourney there as well

edit: at OA

Last edited by Skeet In The Jello : 03-16-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Skeet In The Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:37 AM #25
lifefordye
jive turkey

i love oa
lifefordye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:25 PM #26
Paintballer5000

Paintballer5000 donated to help Peyton Trent
Paintballer5000 helped look for balloons
Paintballer5000 is playing at Living Legends III
Paintballer5000 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Paintballer5000 supports Team VICIOUS
I was just at OA yesterday, and I guess I missed the whole "Field paint only after January 1st"....yeah I was pretty pissed
Paintballer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:26 AM #27
DwnNdrty
MD MILITIA #69

thanks steve and everybody else that's not trying to **** on OA... this makes everything a lot better
DwnNdrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:03 AM #28
DRIFTER7777
JHILL

DRIFTER7777 plays in the USPL
DRIFTER7777 plays in the PSP
DRIFTER7777 donated to help Peyton Trent
DRIFTER7777 plays in the APPA D4 division
My team Nefarious practices there every Sunday for the past 3 months. The people there are great. Once they put the new airball fields up its going to be even better
OX AGGRSSN #17
OXCC
DRIFTER7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:15 PM #29
mcoca01

mcoca01 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I play there. It's cool. I met some cool people, also some misfits but all in all a good time. If night games open up soon, I'll be there more frequent.
Originally posted by mnkynyrfce, "Paintball is who I am, what I do, and there's nothing like the sound of dry firing or paint rattaling your bunker. I hope you are one of the few I believe in that and will help keep this sport alive" <Spell check and edited>
mcoca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:01 PM #30
BC Predz
digiwave

Annual Supporting Member
BC Predz is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
BC Predz plays in the USPL
BC Predz plays in the PSP
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer5000 View Post
I was just at OA yesterday, and I guess I missed the whole "Field paint only after January 1st"....yeah I was pretty pissed
So you have to buy field paint to play there now?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:26 PM #31
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

I was told there's a rampant problem with people, who shall remain anonymous, have made a habit of just showing up and not paying to play. This is not only a way to make some of the needed maintenance money for the field, but another spot to check the wrists for bands.

You can thank those tards for perpetuating this. You can find them on nation every once in a while bashing OA and thier staff. Seems to me, someone's just pissy because they can't get over on the field anymore.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:51 PM #32
Paintballer5000

Paintballer5000 donated to help Peyton Trent
Paintballer5000 helped look for balloons
Paintballer5000 is playing at Living Legends III
Paintballer5000 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Paintballer5000 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Predz View Post
So you have to buy field paint to play there now?
yeah, they have like 4 different options ranging from "ok" to "excellent" all different prices, and I can't WAIT until night games start, they kicked *** last year
Paintballer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:59 PM #33
PoopinTheTurd (Banned)
I am Muppet Masta

sooooo any new news on when to expect air ball to finally be up again cause not gonna lie tournaments on the hyper ball fields blow, not saying dont do them cause its awsome practice plus you meeting people but come on what serious player actually like hyperball other than you reid
PoopinTheTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:54 AM #34
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

How about we not hijack this thread anymore than we already have. I'm starting a new one about the field and the movement in progress to turn the field around.

Last edited by stevebski : 03-19-2008 at 10:08 AM.
stevebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:13 AM #35
PoopinTheTurd (Banned)
I am Muppet Masta

viva la thread
PoopinTheTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:32 PM #36
WtF mUrDa

WtF mUrDa plays in the USPL
WtF mUrDa plays in the PSP
WtF mUrDa plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmed View Post
My friend loves that place and I absolutely hate it. It is nothing compared to the taneytown one
no bull lol taneytown is the best.
but oa is very close to my house so thats just the one i go to.but i am lookin for a team to.it would be nice if some one would pm me if they would like to make a team or just lookin for another player thanks

PAP P.E Empire RPS
WtF mUrDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:47 PM #37
pbjunkie92

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
That's funny, it's the same experience I had on a half inflated, non-mirrored airball field at Rt. 40.

Well, to actually get back on the topic and not be a raging prick about implying the wrong answer, I still play in Bowie. Lots of people still play at Bowie, and at OA's other field in Rosedale. Just because a few people have sand in their vaginas, doesn't mean everyone else does. We are always looking for players in either aspect of the sport. If you're looking to play tournament ball, I can direct you to somebody. They're currently training to compete in the GPL but use OA for practice since all the retards who hog airball fields for one on ones all day aren't there anymore. If you're looking to play in the woods, let me know.

I've been to taneytown, and yes, they have a nice set up. I particularly like the air fill station being self serve. That's a good field all around. I've been to 40 and that experience sucked. I can't even believe I actually payed money to play there. I think the only people who don't find 40 to be the worst field in MD are the people who get away with doing whatever the hell they want there or haven't played anywhere else. The refs sure weren't paying attention to the games. They were facing away from the fields the whole time. Beach attack in OC is the same way with the reffing, but with a better maintained field than 40. I participated in one of their "senior week" specials and called for a paint check. I got a reply along the lines of "If you're experienced enough to know to call one, go check him yourself" as the ref went back to talking to some ***** through the net. Hate if you want, I just disagree through personal experiences as to which field in MD is the worst. Then again, instead of *****ing about how horrible the field is at Bowie, what changes in your opinions would bring that field around? Reffing is always a problem at any field. I haven't seen it at Taneytown yet, but I'm sure they have their fair share. The smell? That's the **** we shoot from our markers, not the field. Has anybody brought these ideas up to the owners of the field to fix the problem instead of taking the lazy way about things and just badmouthing them on the internet? Fields in our area are few and far between. Its not like HB out here with a field every 10 blocks. Believe it or not, the field owners would like to retain and gain more business. If the paying customers speak, they're gonna listen.
If a REF EVER said that to me I would put at least a hopper into him.
pbjunkie92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 PM #38
paintballife3015
Getting Down On Friday

paintballife3015 plays in the USPL
paintballife3015 plays in the PSP
paintballife3015 helped look for balloons
paintballife3015 plays in the APPA D4 division
i heard rumors that oa is gonna set up a xball field
paintballife3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:17 AM #39
sk8erboy595

has been a member for 10 years
Does anybody actually show up to the night games? Im quite interested in playing this coming friday night...
sk8erboy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 AM #40
pgaloustian
My BALLS on YOUR FACE

OA is a good feild if you wanna play woods.....for the speedballers they have to drive to PAP

You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun!
-Al Capone
pgaloustian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:52 AM #41
mcoca01

mcoca01 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erboy595 View Post
Does anybody actually show up to the night games? Im quite interested in playing this coming friday night...
Last year I went to a rack of night games and there was a good amount of people most nights. Some nights it's a bunch of people and on others... not soo much. ha. It's mostly for fun though because it's a crazy mix of experience and unexperienced people that I could remmeber.
Originally posted by mnkynyrfce, "Paintball is who I am, what I do, and there's nothing like the sound of dry firing or paint rattaling your bunker. I hope you are one of the few I believe in that and will help keep this sport alive" <Spell check and edited>
mcoca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:25 AM #42
BlueSliverDM6

its kinda slow the frist few and the last few sets of night games. but i remember around the middle of night ball, it was 20vs20. so it all depends.