Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Where does Brett rank?
1 54 39.13%
2 11 7.97%
3 22 15.94%
4 10 7.25%
5 9 6.52%
6 7 5.07%
7 4 2.90%
8 or lower(I'll punch you) 21 15.22%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 PM #85
mrchuck234
Return of the King
 
mrchuck234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lebron, Ohio
mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionkilla View Post
Anyone?
Because Montana won like 4 Superbowls. I dunno, that might have something to do with it.

mrchuck234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2008, 11:03 PM #86
mrchuck234
Return of the King
 
mrchuck234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lebron, Ohio
mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
I'm not sure why you gave me the roll eyes when everything I just stated where facts that were verified personally.
mrchuck234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 PM #87
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchuck234 View Post
I'm not sure why you gave me the roll eyes when everything I just stated where facts that were verified personally.
Yes but everyone has been an *******. I mean judging on how Brown and Favre are perceived in the media they seem to be good guys. When did you meet these guys? Was it a public event or were they bothered while eating dinner? More facts are needed please.
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:24 PM #88
mrchuck234
Return of the King
 
mrchuck234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lebron, Ohio
mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
Yes but everyone has been an *******. I mean judging on how Brown and Favre are perceived in the media they seem to be good guys. When did you meet these guys? Was it a public event or were they bothered while eating dinner? More facts are needed please.
The guys that I know who met Favre were all post game, and I met Brown at an Indians game two summers ago.
mrchuck234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:31 PM #89
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchuck234 View Post
The guys that I know who met Favre were all post game, and I met Brown at an Indians game two summers ago.
Well was it a win or loss for Favre? Also if Brown was at an Indians game maybe he didn't want to be bothered?
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:31 PM #90
reactionkilla
Go Pack Go.
 
reactionkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
Yes but Favre has looked "human" for more than half of his career. I mean really was anyone afraid of the Packers during 2000-2006?



Ok Favre has more wins but Montana has a 117-47 win to loss ratio while Favre has 160-93 (or so). Montana clearly has the better record as well. Favre may have more wins, but I would rather have a guy that wins twice as much as he loses, despite Montana playing less games.
2000: 9-7
2001: 12-4, loss in divisional to Rams
2002: 12-4, loss Wild Card to Falcons
2003: 10-6, loss in divisional to Eagles
2004: 10-6, loss Wild Card to Vikings
2005: 4-12
2006: 8-8
2007: 13-3

With the exception of those two years, the Packers had made the playoffs 4 straight times and won their division 3 of them. In 2001 they lost to eventual Super Bowl runner up St Louis, 2003 lost to eventual runner up Eagles. They were not a throwaway team like you think.
__________________
R.I.P. 9 15 21 27 29 90 91

Green Bay Packers
Miami Hurricanes
Michgan Wolverines
Denver Nuggets
reactionkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:35 PM #91
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
losing 4 straight years in the first round does not blow me away. Especially considering the strength of their division at the time, if my memory serves.
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:04 AM #92
reactionkilla
Go Pack Go.
 
reactionkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Divisional=/= first round.

The Bears went 13-3 in 2001, and in 2000 and 2001 it was still the Central division, the "Black and Blue" Division which included the eventual Super Bowl winning Buccaneers. The Bears and Lions over that period were mostly not good, but the Buccaneers, Packers, and Vikings were talented teams.
__________________
R.I.P. 9 15 21 27 29 90 91

Green Bay Packers
Miami Hurricanes
Michgan Wolverines
Denver Nuggets
reactionkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:53 AM #93
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
Yes but Favre has looked "human" for more than half of his career. I mean really was anyone afraid of the Packers during 2000-2006?

Yea, they were.



Quote:
Ok Favre has more wins but Montana has a 117-47 win to loss ratio while Favre has 160-93 (or so). Montana clearly has the better record as well. Favre may have more wins, but I would rather have a guy that wins twice as much as he loses, despite Montana playing less games.


Are you retarded? Seriously, Montana won 70 more then he lost, Favre won 67 more then he lost. Yea, that certainly breaks the bank....
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain

Last edited by Fat Joe : 03-07-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:20 AM #94
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post

Are you retarded? Seriously, Montana won 70 more then he lost, Favre won 67 more then he lost. Yea, that certainly breaks the bank....
Yes you not being able to read makes me a retard. Very good.

Perhaps you missed the word RATIO.

117-47 win to loss ratio while Favre has 160-93

so to break it down.

Montana

117+47=164

117/164=.713

Favre

160+93=253

160/253=.632

Make sense now?
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:28 AM #95
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Who cares about ratio, break down the numbers. We're talking about a difference of 3 games when alls equal.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:33 AM #96
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Who cares about ratio, break down the numbers. We're talking about a difference of 3 games when alls equal.
Because losses count too? Just as INTS count when talking about TDS. Also the fact that Montana has 3 games on Favre with so many less games played is a supporting factor for Montana being the GOAT.
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:50 AM #97
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Not really, because Montana was surrounded by waaaaaaaay more talent year in year out. Favre was the Packers, the Niners could have plugged in another QB and made him a HOF'er with the amount of talent they had (See: Steve Young).


You cant diminish the fact that Montana was surrounded by HOF'ers at almost every position. Im not trying too punish him for it, but for the amount of talent he had and the offense he ran, his numbers are just average when you think about it.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:24 AM #98
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Not really, because Montana was surrounded by waaaaaaaay more talent year in year out. Favre was the Packers, the Niners could have plugged in another QB and made him a HOF'er with the amount of talent they had (See: Steve Young).


You cant diminish the fact that Montana was surrounded by HOF'ers at almost every position. Im not trying too punish him for it, but for the amount of talent he had and the offense he ran, his numbers are just average when you think about it.
These are the factors in sports though. Its not his fault, he plays with what he's given. Was Steve Young really that bad? I don't think so. Did Montana pull off some of the greatest clutch plays ever? Yes he did. Although he threw 55 TDs to Rice, he spread the ball around very nicely. His numbers are not just average either. Having great players on offense does guarantee a QB will be great.

At the end of the day, football is a team game and IMO should be viewed as such. When you say "who is the greatest QB of all time?" superbowl opinions will vary and some people consider some team aspects more important than individual ones. I believe that winning the superbowl is extremely important when determining greatness. Would Wayne Gretzky be the greatest ever if he had never won a cup? What about Michael Jordan without the rings? Yeah Montana had talent, but to say he was pretty average is just wrong. Yeah he didn't throw it as much as Favre and maybe the team wanted it that way. He got the job done, and was extremely impressive in doing such.
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:35 AM #99
Superzeus
Living is the functionary
 
Superzeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Socal
 has been a member for 10 years
Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Montana was a great, clutch player, but he couldn't take his team on his back and will them to victory like Favre did for most of his career.
__________________
SNOWBOARD GEAR FS

OG FEEDBACK
Superzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:47 AM #100
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superzeus View Post
Montana was a great, clutch player, but he couldn't take his team on his back and will them to victory like Favre did for most of his career.
Victory being what exactly? One SB isn't exactly mind blowing.
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:49 AM #101
Kolder
The Commish
 
Kolder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Not really, because Montana was surrounded by waaaaaaaay more talent year in year out. Favre was the Packers, the Niners could have plugged in another QB and made him a HOF'er with the amount of talent they had (See: Steve Young).


You cant diminish the fact that Montana was surrounded by HOF'ers at almost every position. Im not trying too punish him for it, but for the amount of talent he had and the offense he ran, his numbers are just average when you think about it.
If you are such a proponent of doing more with less then why don't you have Marino as #1. The guy never had a complete team and put up some of the most impressive numbers. He had most of the significant passing records until Brett Favre outlasted him this year. And still holds quite a few impressive records.
__________________
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Kolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 AM #102
CaseyZizzle (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
1. Montana
2. Young
3. Farve
4. P. Manning
CaseyZizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:31 PM #103
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Not really, because Montana was surrounded by waaaaaaaay more talent year in year out. Favre was the Packers, the Niners could have plugged in another QB and made him a HOF'er with the amount of talent they had (See: Steve Young).


You cant diminish the fact that Montana was surrounded by HOF'ers at almost every position. Im not trying too punish him for it, but for the amount of talent he had and the offense he ran, his numbers are just average when you think about it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Steve Young was the Tom Brady of his time. Great accuracy, not a spectacular arm, great football mind...oh and he could run pretty well. Steve Young is considered a top 5 quarterback of all time by many people, and not just because of jerry rice.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:05 PM #104
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
If you are such a proponent of doing more with less then why don't you have Marino as #1. The guy never had a complete team and put up some of the most impressive numbers. He had most of the significant passing records until Brett Favre outlasted him this year. And still holds quite a few impressive records.

Marino never won a single ring though. You cant weigh rings as the sole thing of which to measure a QB by, but it does have to count for something. Favre is/was better then Marino, hence breaking all Marinos records, and won a superbowl in the process while having a similar cast of players around him. Marino was great, but his records are all broken now. Favre kept it going for 16 straight years, Marino couldnt. Thats why I put more emphasis on Favre being better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Steve Young was the Tom Brady of his time. Great accuracy, not a spectacular arm, great football mind...oh and he could run pretty well. Steve Young is considered a top 5 quarterback of all time by many people, and not just because of jerry rice.


I dont consider Young a top 5 at all, as a matter of fact, I dont see how you can put him in the top 5 at all. Top 10 maybe, but he inherited a team that was already of juggernaut proportions and oh yea, lost most of the time to Brett Favre and the packers.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:17 PM #105
reactionkilla
Go Pack Go.
 
reactionkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
These are the factors in sports though. Its not his fault, he plays with what he's given. Was Steve Young really that bad? I don't think so. Did Montana pull off some of the greatest clutch plays ever? Yes he did. Although he threw 55 TDs to Rice, he spread the ball around very nicely. His numbers are not just average either. Having great players on offense does guarantee a QB will be great.

At the end of the day, football is a team game and IMO should be viewed as such. When you say "who is the greatest QB of all time?" superbowl opinions will vary and some people consider some team aspects more important than individual ones. I believe that winning the superbowl is extremely important when determining greatness. Would Wayne Gretzky be the greatest ever if he had never won a cup? What about Michael Jordan without the rings? Yeah Montana had talent, but to say he was pretty average is just wrong. Yeah he didn't throw it as much as Favre and maybe the team wanted it that way. He got the job done, and was extremely impressive in doing such.
Exactly, its a team game, so you can't put so much weight while judging a single quarterback on the championships that the TEAM won.
__________________
R.I.P. 9 15 21 27 29 90 91

Green Bay Packers
Miami Hurricanes
Michgan Wolverines
Denver Nuggets
reactionkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump