PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-05-2014, 09:35 AM #1
ghudgins

Paintball Fields

I just moved to the Atlanta area and I am looking for some fields that are relatively close and are going to have tournament level competition. Any suggestions?
ghudgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2014, 10:14 AM #2
Mikeyboy4 TheU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghudgins View Post
I just moved to the Atlanta area and I am looking for some fields that are relatively close and are going to have tournament level competition. Any suggestions?
Nitro, Classic, and or Dosser. We hitting Nitro this weekend for our first time. I hear the comp is something fierce up there and have real nice layouts for Airball
Mikeyboy4 TheU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:26 PM #3
ghudgins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyboy4 TheU View Post

Nitro, Classic, and or Dosser. We hitting Nitro this weekend for our first time. I hear the comp is something fierce up there and have real nice layouts for Airball
Thanks for the info. I used to play d4 xball so I'm looking for a field where there is similar competition and if possible a team to get on in the area.
ghudgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:05 AM #4
Mikeyboy4 TheU

Yea that's why we are heading out to Nitro this weekend. They held a GFOA 5 man D3 and D4 event there July 18th. Been closed past couple weekends. Field owner takin care of the field. Excited to see what its all about.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:11 PM #5
bchu

bchu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Don't wanna burst your bubbles, but weather is calling for thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday.
bchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:12 PM #6
bchu

Quick heads up about Dosser. Even though it has a covered field for when it rains, it smells like **** when it does rain.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:14 PM #7
Mikeyboy4 TheU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchu View Post
Don't wanna burst your bubbles, but weather is calling for thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday.

Welcome to August been saying that the past two weekends. shown over 50% for both days going on two weekends in a row. If its says scattered we should be good. And Is dosser nice other than the smell?
Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 PM #8
bchu

If you're looking for airball, Nitro would be better. Scenario fields, Dosser is okay. Have two or three scenario type fields. The indoor has a tower in the center with crates to one side and dirt mounds/tires on the other. The indoor can be split to make two separate fields. They have one field in the back that supposed to be wasteland type with a large hill in the center.

The staff is friendly and helpful and the prices are a little high. It's $65/case of GI 2 (or 3) Star. But they do allow outside paint so that's not too big of an issue. If you had to choose between them and Nitro, you're better off spending the extra time driving to Nitro. More fields, more experienced players, and larger games. Dosser is great for first-time players though.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:29 PM #9
Mikeyboy4 TheU

Thanks for the info. Yea got a good group that's getting back in the game with me. We've been going to Classic just tired of the Airball field gets worse and worse. False advertisement on website with the Xball field. Just going to start doing my rain dance so Nitro will be good for the weekend. Ready to play. We half way there. happy hump day!!!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:34 PM #10
bchu

I can't wait for this weekend. It's barely the afternoon and I feel like I've been working 8 hours. If it doesn't rain (fingers crossed and sacrifices being prepared), I plan on going out some time Sunday.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:41 PM #11
Mikeyboy4 TheU

So you've been to nitro? How many air ball fields they got?
Old 08-06-2014, 12:58 PM #12
bchu

Well I haven't been there since the summer started. Currently interning out of town and getting back to Atlanta these next couple of weeks. If I remember correctly I think I saw two but that may have changed since I last played. Apparently they were working on it recently so they have added or taken away some.

In either case a lot of Atlanta teams practice there so their airball fields are top notch.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:15 PM #13
Mikeyboy4 TheU

Yea looks like the next GFOA event will be held again at Nitro the 23rd looks like they just put it up on the GFOA website
Old 08-06-2014, 03:51 PM #14
bchu

Ooo, I may stop by to watch that if I'm free.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:10 PM #15
Autocannon19

Autocannon19 plays in the APPA D5 division
What day are you guys coming out?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:19 PM #16
bchu

I'm aiming for Sunday since I get into Atl on Saturday.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:49 AM #17
Mikeyboy4 TheU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocannon19 View Post
What day are you guys coming out?
Auto didn't know if Mario(?) has the air fields back up in going. Knew the word was he has shut em down past several weekends after the event for re-sodding and what not. What day is better?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:50 AM #18
Mikeyboy4 TheU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchu View Post
Ooo, I may stop by to watch that if I'm free.
Yea I for sure got to check it out.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:46 PM #19
Autocannon19

Autocannon19 plays in the APPA D5 division
Hey Mikey,

The airball field is up with the WCO layout. Gates open at 9am. For the days, it really depends. A few teams like to practice on Saturday and run drills while others get together on Sunday just to run points. Sundays usually have more teams out there. I can promise you that the next two weekends will be full of teams getting ready for the next GFOA. I know that Atlanta Vengeance and us will be out there Saturday running drills.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:36 AM #20
Mikeyboy4 TheU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocannon19 View Post
Hey Mikey,

The airball field is up with the WCO layout. Gates open at 9am. For the days, it really depends. A few teams like to practice on Saturday and run drills while others get together on Sunday just to run points. Sundays usually have more teams out there. I can promise you that the next two weekends will be full of teams getting ready for the next GFOA. I know that Atlanta Vengeance and us will be out there Saturday running drills.
Awesome thanks for the info Auto. Got a group about 5-6 heading up with me in the AM. Will be are first visit up to Nitro. We just trying to gain experience running some points and see what kind of drills teams are doing.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 PM #21
Repttarrr

Repttarrr is playing at Living Legends VII
Repttarrr plays in the APPA D5 division
Repttarrr has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Repttarrr supports Empire
Nitro in my honest opinion has the best competition in Atlanta with the teams that come out of there normally performing in the top of their divisions the fields will be filled with teams practicing through september 19th so really hard to find a day where there won't be guys out there
Repttarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups