ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-24-2016, 12:13 AM #1
triumph_013
Too broke to ball.

triumph_013 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
triumph_013 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Looking for a little nostalgia, Insane circa 2006

Waaayyyyy back in the day haha.

I've been on a hiatus from paintball for a while. Looking to get back into it. The more I think about getting back into the game, the more I think about Tuesday nights at Insane.

Anybody else as old as I am and remember how hype it was? I've heard the scene has changed quite a bit and paintball has died down here in Tennessee. Are there any fields that have a pretty good showing of tourny players?
triumph_013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2016, 12:20 AM #2
PimpInDistress
11:30

PimpInDistress plays in the PSP
Hey dude come out to 1-paintball like them on facebook.

Me and a few other CEP guys were just there Sunday, all tournament players and level fields. Just off exit 31 in Springfield, TN area

CEP-2009 BASIC-2008-2011
PimpInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:06 AM #3
triumph_013
Too broke to ball.

triumph_013 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
triumph_013 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I couldn't find that on Facebook or Google. Got a link?
triumph_013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:24 PM #4
TNCerealKilla

Annual Supporting Member
TNCerealKilla has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TNCerealKilla has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TNCerealKilla has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TNCerealKilla supports Shocker RSX
TNCerealKilla supports Ninja Paintball
https://m.facebook.com/One-Paintball-860439240671143/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2016, 08:22 PM #5
JaredP

JaredP is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
JaredP plays in the PSP
JaredP plays in the APPA D3 division
Insane is not dead.......Just changed a little to keep our doors open the past few years but we do still have an indoor airball field at Insane we call "The Foundry". It is in a back building that we didn't used to use but it is only about 10 feet shorter than our old indoor field. Width is the same. We run an experienced player tournament street ball night that we call "Fight Night" every 2-3 weeks to let local tournament players get some gun time in. Basically same thing that the old Tuesday nights were. We actually started out running them on Tuesday and Thursdays but the turnouts were not as good since there are not many teams in the Chatt area anymore but now we are mainly running it on Saturday nights. You can check out our website at www.liveinsane.com or to get more info about Fight Nights look for our Facebook page called "The Foundry at Insane Paintball". We run some special pricing just for those nights.
www.liveinsane.com
Chattown Baller
WCK 4 Life

My old Feedback Ratings: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=578157
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:18 AM #6
TeamProdigy1#

TeamProdigy1# is playing at Living Legends VIII
TeamProdigy1# is playing at Living Legends IX
TeamProdigy1# owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
TeamProdigy1# supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
Insane is not dead.......Just changed a little to keep our doors open the past few years but we do still have an indoor airball field at Insane we call "The Foundry". It is in a back building that we didn't used to use but it is only about 10 feet shorter than our old indoor field. Width is the same. We run an experienced player tournament street ball night that we call "Fight Night" every 2-3 weeks to let local tournament players get some gun time in. Basically same thing that the old Tuesday nights were. We actually started out running them on Tuesday and Thursdays but the turnouts were not as good since there are not many teams in the Chatt area anymore but now we are mainly running it on Saturday nights. You can check out our website at www.liveinsane.com or to get more info about Fight Nights look for our Facebook page called "The Foundry at Insane Paintball". We run some special pricing just for those nights.

I agree!
Some of our guys that live close to the field have started coming out on the Saturday nights and they love it!
For the players it's a win win $40 includes case of balls and entry/air!
I hope to make the next one?
Old 03-02-2016, 01:15 PM #7
TNCerealKilla

Annual Supporting Member
TNCerealKilla has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TNCerealKilla has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TNCerealKilla has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TNCerealKilla supports Shocker RSX
TNCerealKilla supports Ninja Paintball
I think i will make a trip here one weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2016, 06:29 PM #8
TeamProdigy1#

TeamProdigy1# is playing at Living Legends VIII
TeamProdigy1# is playing at Living Legends IX
TeamProdigy1# owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
TeamProdigy1# supports Ninja Paintball
You can join on Facebook the Foundry at Insane.

I believe the next Saturday fight night is the 19th?
Old 03-08-2016, 01:20 AM #9
Insane Kid
Lazy Photographer

Insane Kid helped look for balloons
Insane Kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Insane Kid supports Team VICIOUS
Insane Kid is for the Gunfight
First time I have logged in on this account in years. I definitely miss those days. This ones from CFOA Dirty south open in 2008.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 03-08-2016, 10:15 PM #10
kingshrables

kingshrables plays in the MiLP
kingshrables owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingshrables plays in the APPA D5 division
Ive heard legends... I played a couple of MILPS around 2011-2013 and it was some of the most fun i have ever had. Finally about to get some gear to play and now im stuck in Chattanooga with no one to ball with. I wish insane would bring back that outside airball field so bad.
kingshrables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:53 AM #11
JaredP

JaredP plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshrables View Post
Ive heard legends... I played a couple of MILPS around 2011-2013 and it was some of the most fun i have ever had. Finally about to get some gear to play and now im stuck in Chattanooga with no one to ball with. I wish insane would bring back that outside airball field so bad.
We have a pretty good handful of guys that are playing pretty regular down here on weekends and for the Fight Nights we run a couple of times per month on Saturday evenings. Although it is not regulation size the indoor field is a good field to train on and work on technical and gun skills for tournaments.

We would love to bring the XBall field back outside and we have talked about it quite a bit. Unfortunately the income it would provide vs the amount of upkeep it requires just does not add up to be profitable for us to warrant it right now. Indoors we don't have to worry about bunkers getting destroyed in the weather, all the mud which always seems to turn tournament fields into sloppy messes, and gridding/laying out fields which takes a lot of time. Unfortunately groups and new players don't have much interest in it either which makes tournament fields difficult to offer when you have limited space for playing fields.

Indoor we only have to worry about cleaning the turf and bunkers but none of the other headaches of airball outside are an issue. We can leave it inflated all the time and don't have to worry about the wind destroying the field during the week or the sun breaking them down during the Summer which causes a field to only last a couple of seasons. Airing up a full Xball field every weekend is easily an hour plus job when all the bunkers are empty as well.

Unfortunately when we did have the airball field outside we didn't get any more players coming out so that is why we decided to pull it off a couple of years ago and just make it a rec field with minimal upkeep.

If the community here in Chattanooga gets large enough for it to make sense bringing an airball field back outside we will explore the option again but until then it unfortunately just doesn't make financial sense to do so......And believe me it pains me to not have tournament paintball regulation fields at Insane.....That is where my roots lie so it is frustrating to be in the situation we've been in but to keep the doors open we have to look at the profitability of what makes the most sense.

Hope to see you out sometime.

Thanks,
Jared
www.liveinsane.com
Chattown Baller
WCK 4 Life

Old 03-09-2016, 08:47 PM #12
kingshrables

kingshrables plays in the MiLP
kingshrables owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingshrables plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
We have a pretty good handful of guys that are playing pretty regular down here on weekends and for the Fight Nights we run a couple of times per month on Saturday evenings. Although it is not regulation size the indoor field is a good field to train on and work on technical and gun skills for tournaments.

We would love to bring the XBall field back outside and we have talked about it quite a bit. Unfortunately the income it would provide vs the amount of upkeep it requires just does not add up to be profitable for us to warrant it right now. Indoors we don't have to worry about bunkers getting destroyed in the weather, all the mud which always seems to turn tournament fields into sloppy messes, and gridding/laying out fields which takes a lot of time. Unfortunately groups and new players don't have much interest in it either which makes tournament fields difficult to offer when you have limited space for playing fields.

Indoor we only have to worry about cleaning the turf and bunkers but none of the other headaches of airball outside are an issue. We can leave it inflated all the time and don't have to worry about the wind destroying the field during the week or the sun breaking them down during the Summer which causes a field to only last a couple of seasons. Airing up a full Xball field every weekend is easily an hour plus job when all the bunkers are empty as well.

Unfortunately when we did have the airball field outside we didn't get any more players coming out so that is why we decided to pull it off a couple of years ago and just make it a rec field with minimal upkeep.

If the community here in Chattanooga gets large enough for it to make sense bringing an airball field back outside we will explore the option again but until then it unfortunately just doesn't make financial sense to do so......And believe me it pains me to not have tournament paintball regulation fields at Insane.....That is where my roots lie so it is frustrating to be in the situation we've been in but to keep the doors open we have to look at the profitability of what makes the most sense.

Hope to see you out sometime.

Thanks,
Jared
Thanks for the reply! I found the fight night on Facebook and I will definitely be making an appearance ASAP. I completely understand about the air ball field. I reffed and played out of MTP's home team axis and I saw
Three or four sets of bunkers Come through that place. If you ever need any help with the indoor field please feel free to contact
Me! I go to utc and have some free time so I would be more than happy to help anyway I can. Or even if you just need a ref on the weekend or someone to clean the bunkers.
kingshrables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:46 AM #13
JaredP

JaredP plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshrables View Post
Thanks for the reply! I found the fight night on Facebook and I will definitely be making an appearance ASAP. I completely understand about the air ball field. I reffed and played out of MTP's home team axis and I saw
Three or four sets of bunkers Come through that place. If you ever need any help with the indoor field please feel free to contact
Me! I go to utc and have some free time so I would be more than happy to help anyway I can. Or even if you just need a ref on the weekend or someone to clean the bunkers.
We are currently hiring if you have interest in part time weekend work....You can print an app to fill out on our website at www.liveinsane.com if interested. Obviously it will cut into playing on the weekends but a lot of our staff plays on the fight nights.

Thanks and hope to see you out soon!

Jared
www.liveinsane.com
Chattown Baller
WCK 4 Life

ReplyRegional Ups