Old 09-20-2015, 05:40 PM #1
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
Question Paintball near Raleigh

I'm planning a paintball outing with about a dozen friends in the Raleigh area Raleigh and I was wondering where the best place to play is? I am from Charlotte and I usually play at Palmetto Paintball, where it's $7 for admission, $7 for air, $7 for a full rental package (most of us will be renting), and $35 for a case.

Online I've seen that Black River Paintball and Xtreme Kombat are nearby, but they are both pricy.

Xtreme:
$20 admission/air
$15 Rental marker rental
$5 mask rental
$5 HPA tank rental
$5 Hopper rental
$60 Case of mid grade
*All of these prices say "and up" next to them.

Black River:

$5 Safety training session
$15 All day air
$5 Marker rental
$5 Mask rental
$5 HPA tank rental
$60 Case of Marballizers

Does anyone know of any good places within an hour of Raleigh that might be a little cheaper? And what do you think of these places?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2015, 07:57 PM #2
GundogHitman
JUSTICE

GundogHitman plays in the PSP
GundogHitman owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
GundogHitman plays in the APPA D4 division
Raleigh has good paintball fields. And it has cheap paintball fields. But I doubt you will find a good and cheap paintball field.

Br and XK are top of the food chain for quality staff, equipment, field play, and organization/quality games. I advocate for XK because I play there often, but I know for a fact that BR is just as much fun.

That being said, other fields in the area that may be more affordable will be Preditor, gotcha, and real mccoys. You may want to start there.

You also may want to try and calling in advance to see if you can get any special deals for having 10 or more players. Best of luck, hope this helps.
GundogHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:26 PM #3
PhoenixPhyre
Mad Scientist

has been a member for 10 years
Give Black River a call for sure, I'm sure they can work something up for you with such a large group. Bryan, the manager is super nice, and incredibly helpful
PhoenixPhyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:31 PM #4
JakeParkinson

plays in the NXL
JakeParkinson has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Black Ops is exactly 1 hour south of Raleigh. Entry, all rental gear, 200 paintballs, and air all combined is $35 for the day. Cases are $45-50 each.
If you are looking to play speedball, I would recommend Black Ops. It's on thick, soft turf with netted dead boxes and stadium lights. They have a huge woods field, but it is super dense and hard to navigate sometimes.
Black River's rec fields are great. They have a castle-like structure with plywood buildings on a big, open field. Their speedball field always closes really early so I'd recommend playing that field before the rec fields if you are interested.
JakeParkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:08 PM #5
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
I've looked into all of the fields listed above and we're probably going to Black river because they're close, their prices are competitive, and I've seen some great reviews for them. Thank you all for the advice!

I will definitely keep that in mind for the speedball field JakeParkinson.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:25 PM #6
dejester

Nothing is a better bang for your buck other than Black River paintball in Angier, NC.

Shoot me a private message and I will hook you up with discounts and deals!

<Edit> above.

I should have been more clear with this post. I apologize. What I should have said, a more accurate statement was, there are ways you can acquire deals + discounts they are not just given to a random person for nothing. There are various was at which you can get these deals and discounts you just need to reach out to the field manager there Bryan Taylor via a facebook group page of "Black River Paintball" or phone call to discuss any and all details around this subject.

That is what I was going to do via my private message it point you in his directions.

But after re-reading my post I realized it could have been interrupted not in line with my intentions.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Last edited by dejester : 02-03-2016 at 01:03 PM.
dejester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:11 PM #7
JakeParkinson

plays in the NXL
JakeParkinson has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I want discounts and deals too
JakeParkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:26 PM #8
BRPaintballGM

[IMG][/IMG]
BRPaintballGM is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups