Old 10-28-2014, 01:11 PM #1
ELuSiVe1151

has been a member for 10 years
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the PSP
ELuSiVe1151 is an NCPA player
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the APPA D5 division
Moving to North Caraolina

Hey everyone,

i'm thinking of moving to North Carolina because the cost of living in New Jersey is proving to be rather horrible, and i know a few people from here that moved to NC and said how awesome it is there. Pretty much half of New Jersey lives in North Carolina now from what i hear because presumably it is better in every way.

Unfortunately, none of said friends and acquaintances are paintball players, and NC seems to be a much bigger state than here in NJ where i either drive north or south on the parkway or turnpike to find my field of choice.

So my question is, what's the paintball scene like in North Carolina? Where would you say is a great place for me to start out that is both full of fun things to do around town(/s... i don't know how North Carolina works) and also adjacent to some great fields?

if it makes any difference, i'm a graphic designer at a mid-range salary level, and i wouldn't be moving for a good couple of years. just feeling out the idea.

Thanks!
The Grind Continues!!!
Enflict - Jim Pica Foto - Meadowlands PB

Last edited by ELuSiVe1151 : 10-28-2014 at 01:14 PM.
ELuSiVe1151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2014, 01:29 PM #2
Grazi07
Armada

Grazi07 supports DLX Technology
Presuming your priorities are economic and then paintball, you should look to Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, and perhaps Greenville or Columbia SC. Those are the main economic centers of NC/SC - Charleston SC is a fantastic option if you wanted to go a little further south. You'll find all of these areas more affordable than New Jersey, though perhaps a little higher than other less developed portions of the states.

In terms of paintball, Charlotte is a great area. The majority of the CFOA events are played within a couple hours (or less - see Rock Hill, SC) from Charlotte and you also have Command Decisions in Taylorsville, home of Fulda Gap for woods ball.
Grazi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:53 PM #3
ErrorCode6263
[insert cool phrase here]

ErrorCode6263 plays in the PSP
ErrorCode6263 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ErrorCode6263 plays in the APPA D4 division
ErrorCode6263 supports DLX Technology
You'd probably be best served in looking at Charlotte. We have a growing city, decent cost of living, access to all major highways (85, 485, 77, etc. etc.) and the field of your choice is always within 2 hours. These include 3 paintball central fields (Rock Hill, Greensboro, Greenville), Black Ops, Charleston, Command Decisions, among others!

Keep in mind our scene is recovering though. The economic hit affected NC pretty bad but it's really grown the last few years and I see it continuing to grow. If you move down here, welcome to the South!

YourPBFriend: Best new store around!
ErrorCode6263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:22 AM #4
GundogHitman
JUSTICE

GundogHitman plays in the PSP
GundogHitman owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
GundogHitman plays in the APPA D4 division
I would look into the research triangle area for your profession. Plenty of paintball all across the state so no worries there, and yes, NC is better than Jersey across the board, lol. Good luck brotha
GundogHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:54 PM #5
ELuSiVe1151

ELuSiVe1151 plays in the PSP
ELuSiVe1151 is an NCPA player
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the APPA D5 division
Thanks so much, guys! It's sounding like a better and better idea!
The Grind Continues!!!
Enflict - Jim Pica Foto - Meadowlands PB
ELuSiVe1151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:18 PM #6
WildWeasel2k4

Annual Supporting Member
WildWeasel2k4 plays in the PSP
WildWeasel2k4 is an NCPA player
WildWeasel2k4 plays in the APPA D3 division
If you like areas that are similar to those that you see on TV shows like Swamp people and Duck dynasty come on down to Wilmington... Where the emerald coast always shines bright.
WildWeasel2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:09 AM #7
Antwanblaze

I'm moving to NC myself in January. I'm moving to Concord right outside Charlotte. Do you guys know of any good places there where I can play scenario and speedball.
Antwanblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:41 AM #8
dang
betty

dang plays in the PSP
dang plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwanblaze View Post
I'm moving to NC myself in January. I'm moving to Concord right outside Charlotte. Do you guys know of any good places there where I can play scenario and speedball.
There are several places within an hour or so from you.

Paintball Central has three parks, Greensboro and Rock Hill (just south of Charlotte), and Greenville. They all have speedball and woodsball.

Boss paintball is Midland just outside of Concord they have great woodsball, but I'm not sure how much speedball they have nowadays. It might be great I just don't hear too much about it.

Glory Road is in Monroe, they have speedball, woodsball, and rc car racing.

Command Decisions is up above Hickory, and they have woodsball and host huge scenario games.
Paintball Central
GUNS FOR SALE
dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:11 PM #9
Who Shot Biggie

Greenville has some dope *** fields.
Who Shot Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups