Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-07-2016, 05:27 AM #1
Kable
Sheepdog

Kable has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kable supports Ninja Paintball
What happened to "Local" leagues?

When I was coming up in paintball back in the early 2000's and beyond in NorCal there was an abundance of local tournaments and series events that would circulate around the local fields. It was kind of like the NPPL of old, mixing airball and hyperball and the occasional woodsball rec field with fair priced entry and FPO requirements. It made it fun for local fields to promote their special fields, one was a key airball field where they would runn about two or three different layouts so you would play on all three by the days end. Another would have great rec fields with spools and sandbags that had a "theme" to them and it made for some INTENSE 5 vs 5 battles where you would be stalking around and suddenly be snap shooting with an opponent. And I can NOT be the only one that misses really awesome hyperball layouts. The sound of a paintball hitting the tubing and having to pay attention to more angles than someone could possibly manage made for awesome fights.

Near the end of my time before I left the scene I was always helping organize things between fields, and I would love to help get it going again. I have met some awesome paintball players in my time in LA and would be incredibly happy to see something like this happen around here. It helps young kids get involved in the tournament scene and made for some now bigger teams to get noticed on a smaller scale.

What say you Ballers of LA?
Advertisement
ReplyRegional Ups