ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-06-2015, 02:47 PM #1
True<><
EKU Colonels Paintball

True<>< owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
True<>< has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eastern Kentucky Colonels

Hey guys,
Looks like I will be co-captaining the EKU paintball team's return and they've put me in charge of working with you guys (The paintball community! ).

My question comes from the typical high school dream of playing P-ball and getting paid for it, but try to work with me as I am all for having realistic expectations- I just need to know where those expectations need to lie.

It was my understanding when you were trying to start- for lack of a better term- a "Private Paintball Team", that you definitely needed to get some games and a solid record under your belt before continuing on to attempt to gain sponsors. But does that game change at all at the College level?

Our team has had some games under its belt... In the past. But we are part of the University and intend to play at the AA level in the NCPA, as well as maybe some Go'N Postal at Asylum, possibly even SEPS and MSXL (Still trying to convince the other captain, she's not familiar with tourney/league structure). But these things cost money, so even just cash to mitigate the heavy hitting entry fees and high cost of paint would be helpful.

Do you guys think this is really possible without a track record since we're a university team? Obviously going to start local, but from there, do we stand a chance this year? Or am I wasting valuable time I could be out washing cars for 5's?
True<>< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2015, 09:24 PM #2
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
pballin16 donated to help Peyton Trent
pballin16 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin16 posts videos on PbNation
pballin16 is an NCPA player
pballin16 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Well this is very exciting, I didn't think we were ever going to see the team up and running again like it used to be. It's very reasonable to look to the SGA and other avenues within the school for funding; we were the most highly funded club sport on campus two years in a row (along with club sport of the year three years in a row) and were slated to have our own field on campus by Stratton until some unforeseen circumstances arose.

You'll need to find the proper people to talk to, given that they're still around; who knows, new people could be completely against the idea. If you want, I'll do what I can within my abilities and talk to the older guys to see if they have any advice. While we generally got stomped, we were at one point playing in NCPA Div A.

Originally posted by K-9: :)<3 Clay
Hes my favorite Modder, and this **** better be quoted
Justin Bieber beaten by Selena Gomez-Video!
pballin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:07 AM #3
True<><
EKU Colonels Paintball

I'm hoping it'll be up and running at the standards of w hat use to be, but I don't know if we're going to quite be able to reach those heights.

I've been talking to Alex Jones about all of it (Not sure if that's you or not tbh). But yeah, we're trying to find those proper people- hoping Mr. Corack will help me find the ones that are on our side and seeing about possibly continuing that field project.

That would be great! Any advice you could offer would be awesome. We may not be up to Division A this year, but if we get it running on a sustained basis, they could one day be back up there.

Glad to hear someone else is happy about this too!
Old 07-09-2015, 08:19 AM #4
REDZwolfpack
*665*

REDZwolfpack supports Team VICIOUS
REDZwolfpack is an NCPA player
messaged you true
REDZwolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:10 PM #5
True<><
EKU Colonels Paintball

I just saw that man! Thank you for reaching out! I PM'ed you back!
Old 07-13-2015, 07:42 PM #6
True<><
EKU Colonels Paintball

I guess new question to the other NCPA teams: how did gathering sponsors go for you guys? Who'd you contact and who took you on?
ReplyRegional Ups