Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-21-2015, 02:48 PM #1
Deveiss
DVIS

Deveiss is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Help a Central Florida beginner?

I live near Central Florida, about 15 minutes southwest of XPX. While I plan on calling that my home field, for my first time, to sort of test the waters in a cheaper way, I'll be going this coming Tuesday to the Paintball World Sports Complex in Orlando for their Tuesday package, which includes gun, mask, air, and admission for free when you purchase 500 paintballs.

Two things: does anyone have any tips for Tuesday, any idea of what to look forward to? I've been researching paintball in general for a while now, so I feel pretty comfortable going my first time, but if anyone has advice for the Paintball World Sports Complex in particular, that would be appreciated.

Also, I'm almost certain that I'll be buying either a Flex 8 or a Proflex as they have pretty great reviews across the board as good cheap but acceptable masks. However, I've got a smaller head, and I'd like to try them on first before making a decision. I don't know of any stores nearby; would Paintball World Sports Complex or XPX have a good way for me to try out masks and make a decision? If not, where should I go to get a good feel for which mask would be most comfortable?

Last edited by Deveiss : 11-21-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Deveiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2015, 03:15 PM #2
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I'd say go in and check out if they actually have any players before you pay.

Saturdays and Sundays are typically the days people play.

going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:28 PM #3
Quemiras

Quemiras is playing at Living Legends VIII
Quemiras is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Quemiras supports DLX Technology
tuesdays at pbwc always has a good turn out
Old 11-23-2015, 02:03 AM #4
freakspazzatazz
t(-_-t)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deveiss View Post
I live near Central Florida, about 15 minutes southwest of XPX. While I plan on calling that my home field, for my first time, to sort of test the waters in a cheaper way, I'll be going this coming Tuesday to the Paintball World Sports Complex in Orlando for their Tuesday package, which includes gun, mask, air, and admission for free when you purchase 500 paintballs.
Before getting too deep, someone should tell you that paintball is NOT a cheap sport (or cheap addiction). That being said, it is so much fun.

Quote:
does anyone have any tips for Tuesday, any idea of what to look forward to? I've been researching paintball in general for a while now, so I feel pretty comfortable going my first time, but if anyone has advice for the Paintball World Sports Complex in particular, that would be appreciated.
Tips for your first time? Have fun. Don't listen to the other rude players on the field and try and find a player (or group of players) that seem to know what they're doing and are open to teaching you the ropes. To get a great first experience, I wish all players could start with a top of the line setup. Unfortunately, most new players are stuck trying the sport with rental equipment. Masks that limit their vision and breathing, guns that kick, limit their rate of fire, flat out break mid-game, are unnecessarily inaccurate, loaders that don't feed, etc. Keep this in mind your first time. The game really is better when you've graduated from rental gear.

Quote:
Also, I'm almost certain that I'll be buying either a Flex 8 or a Proflex as they have pretty great reviews across the board as good cheap but acceptable masks. However, I've got a smaller head, and I'd like to try them on first before making a decision. I don't know of any stores nearby; would Paintball World Sports Complex or XPX have a good way for me to try out masks and make a decision? If not, where should I go to get a good feel for which mask would be most comfortable?
I don't know why you've already picked out a mask before playing the sport, but any shop or field with a "pro shop" should have masks, and I don't see why you couldn't take a few out of the box and try them on before purchasing them. Don't limit your mask testing to Flexs. Definitely trying V-Force, Sly, and Virtue masks before making your decision. Some are more comfortable, some have a slightly better field of vision, some restrict your breathing (and echo the communication to your team right back into your own ear), while others have better physical coverage of your face or jaw

This is a great time of the year to go play paintball in Florida. Don't hide behind a bunker the whole game, remember to shoot back, have fun, drink water, make friends.

PS: Feel free to PM me if you have any detailed questions. I'd offer to go play with you but I'm about an hour from Orlando and a bit busy for the next month.
freakspazzatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:29 PM #5
Deveiss
DVIS

Can anyone confirm that Paintball World will be open tomorrow? I've heard that they've closed their doors, however their Facebook page claims they will be open 10-6 this Tuesday, so I'm not sure.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:42 PM #6
Deveiss
DVIS

Also, thank you freakspazzatazz and everyone else for all of the helpful advice!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:35 PM #7
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
http://www.paintballworldorlando.com/directions/hours

Phone number top right.

Tried calling ?
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:25 AM #8
Quemiras

they had a problem so now they are open Friday Saturday and sunday for now until they find a new location. they only have use of the 5 woods fields.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:51 PM #9
Quemiras

ill be out there tomorrow with my group if you wanna play
Old 01-13-2016, 02:35 PM #10
Steven_Bro

plays in the NXL
Steven_Bro posts videos on PbNation
Steven_Bro has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Steven_Bro has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As far as trying stuff on goes, you could ask to try on peoples stuff at the field but that may be kind've awkward if you don't actually know them lol. The only store that is even reasonably close is Wicked Sports in Tampa.

They have a shipping Warehouse so they have a huge inventory of products. If you already have an idea on the stuff you want, just buy it from their website. You live in Davenport so you will get your shipment in like 1-2 days.

https://www.wickedsports.com

For fields, go to XPX.This is a really good field for beginner tournament players (Im assuming you're interested in tournaments since you're registered to these forums).

Last edited by Steven_Bro : 01-13-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Steven_Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:15 PM #11
Teraus

Teraus has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Teraus has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PBW is now officially closed until they can find a new place
Teraus is online now   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups