PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-25-2015, 07:29 PM #1
ego_paintball11

Little Rock Area

It looks as if late November I am going to be moving to Little Rock for work. What are some good neighborhoods to live in? I have always either been overseas or living on the west coast so going to the south is something different. My brother lives 8 hours away in Texas so I don't know anybody in Arkansas. Where does everybody play at? It will have been a year since I last played, but plan on picking it up again as soon as I arrive. Any help will be appreciated!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2015, 07:47 PM #2
Arkballer501
Choo Choo

Arkballer501 posts videos on PbNation
Arkballer501 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Arkansas in Mayflower is the best place to play Rec or xbAll. Andy hill there is the guy to talk to
Old 07-30-2015, 07:34 AM #3
PaintballArkansas

West little rock has most of the nicer areas to live in but of course cost more. Chenal, parts of markham and Rodney parham depending on how far down you go. Literally some million dollar neighborhoods back up to the ghetto so you have to pick and choose wisely.

Not far from little rock is maumelle, not too much "ghetto" there and it's a nice community. Plus you'd only be about 15 minutes from Paintball Arkansas!
PaintballArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:27 PM #4
ldsnow

ha!

dude, i asked this question before i moved this spring and got zero response.

little rock is effing crazy. neighborhoods go from good to bad and back again in like 5 blocks. the "petty" crime rate is absurd. break ins all over and instead of doing anything about it, people just act like it's part of life.

but, get here. i suggest finding a place to stay on a temporary basis and checking out the area for a week or two. you'll actually want that much time because it's a fairly small city, but there are so many nice little neighborhoods tucked away that you'll never find if you aren't looking.

i'm headed out to paintball arkansas tomorrow to take advantage of the "cooler" weather with some friends from work. we are all new to the company and the area and were astonished with the problems we encountered moving to this area.

hit me up if you want to know more. my closest friends were in TX also, so i know what you're up against moving here. both in terms of paintball and living areas.
ldsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:17 AM #5
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
Don't live in Little Rock. It is a **** hole. Even WLR (I lived there for 7 years - out on Kanis and West Chenal).

Live in Maumelle, Conway, Benton or Bryant.

Get your conceal carry ASAP and CARRY.

The issue is the jail is over crowded, so most petty crime/burglary/non violent theft ppl bond out instantly. The cops don't do **** as they are underpaid and overworked and understaffed (Little Rock PD).

It is a dangerous city (top 10 in US per capita).

I got the hell out and moved back to Oklahoma.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:28 PM #6
ldsnow

i would tend to agree with some things there. maumelle, conway, benton and bryant... all typical white flight communities. and yes, my conceal carry permit is valid here and it's the first place i've felt compelled to carry on a regular basis.

crime does suck, it's a town where the shipbags just continue to exist. one of my very first thoughts when moving here was "why do people put up with this?" where i came from, people would have either cleaned the town up or moved elsewhere.

if your job is downtown and you want to be in a nice area, you'll need a commute. not far, as it's really a pretty small city, but it's still there. i'm looking at maumelle myself. even if it's crowded with soccer moms all flapping their vag's in the wind while their emascualted husbands drive around in minivans. well, at least they just have misguided identities. they aren't likely to try robbing me.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:33 AM #7
AdamBombC5
I Like To Pew Pew!

Annual Supporting Member
AdamBombC5 is BST Trusted
AdamBombC5 is playing at Living Legends VIII
AdamBombC5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
AdamBombC5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AdamBombC5 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
AdamBombC5 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
HAHAHA^^

In my case, I have to live close to the Air Base for work but to be quite honest, I live in North Little Rock and I haven't had many issues at all. I drive a corvette and never has it been vandalized, broken into, or anything for that matter.

I do agree that the vast majority of the Jacksonville, Sherwood, and NLR areas are ghetto as hell, but if you look hard enough, there are a few nice areas tucked away.

Personally, I'd live in Maumelle if I didn't want to keep my commute under 15-20 minutes. I would be so much closer to PBA too!!

I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party. Brick Tamland
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
AdamBombC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:41 PM #8
ego_paintball11

Hey everyone thanks for the advice. I just got here the other day and am thinking about heading up to Paintball Arkansas this weekend.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:15 AM #9
ldsnow

bah, i swear i'm coming down with something and the weekend is pretty booked, i think. but man, the weather we've been having is perfect for paintball...
Old 12-23-2015, 08:39 PM #10
ego_paintball11

Ya this weather has been nice. It's crazy to me it's still like this in December. I ended up not going because my gear hasn't arrived yet, but as soon as it does I am making my way out there.
ReplyRegional Ups