Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-19-2016, 12:38 PM #1
cfos00

Charity Game:April 23, 2016 Pump and Magfed @ Pasadena Paintball in Curtis Bay MD

cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2016, 12:49 PM #2
cfos00

Mods, let me know if I need to edit or take this down. I appreciate it!

Hey guys-

I hope everyone is doing well. As some of you might know, I play on a charity paintball team. Around 4 times a year, my team hosts a pump event in the Baltimore area. Our team is Team Defiance (https://www.facebook.com/TeamDefiancePB/?fref=ts), and I'm the one in the middle in the grey Empire pants if you like to put a face with a name. During these pump events, we also hold a charity raffle, and we have been pretty successful in raising money for great causes. Last year, as a team, we raised over $9,000 for charity, and we're hoping to beat that number this year.

This year, an event is being held on April 23rd, and our team is raising money for Pathfinders for Autism. Here is their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PathfindersforAutism/?fref=ts) and their website (Pathfinders for Autism | Home). They're a great organization founded by BJ Surhoff, the former professional baseball player that played for the Baltimore Orioles and several other teams. Pathfinders works as a resource center for families touched by autism, helps in providing specialized training for families and first responders, and they host recreational events. It's a great cause, and one that we hope to raise as much money as possible for that weekend. That's where you come in.

I am donating a full TWSTR Autococker for the cause. I recently bought a raw twister body kit, TWSTR Autococker #61. I then built it up with help from Arnold's Metal Finishing. They're a full service ano company, and they graciously donated their services in providing a wonderful ano job for this marker. I can't say thank you enough for the speed that they did the job, and wanted to publicly thank them for not only doing great work, but donating it immediately to the cause once I told them what it was for. Again, thank you, and please, if you're in the market to get some ano work done, give them a shot. I also bought the aftermarket parts here, and created the jewels to make a one-of-a-kind TWSTR, the Pathfinders for Autism Twister. Here it is:

It has:
- TWSTR #61 with a freaked barrel back, 3 tips at 10", 14" and 16"
- Nexus Regulator
- Shocktech Cocking Rod/Konb
- Shocktech FGP LPR with Dye Knob
- ANS 3 Way
- STO Ram
- CP Ball Detent
- Red trigger shoe
- Red highlight screws
- SPLS spring kit

It will be completely ready to shoot for the winner, and will come with a freak insert so that you aren't scrambling for one if you don't have a kit. Full disclosure, I had grab the parts from wherever I could to get the build done in time, and that means that the front pnues are used and not in perfect shape...they are used. Also, there are slight idiot marks from this idiot on the grip frame that you can see in the picture.

So, how do you get it? You PM me, and I'll give you the details. PBNation does not allow me to write out full details in the forum, but you may have seen what exactly is going on a couple of the other major forums, as well as several facebook pages. I am more than happy to go into the raffle itself with anyone who is asking and wants to donate. We will then be holding the raffle on the 23rd at the end of the event, and I'll be recording the drawing for winner and we'll post it on FB, CC, and MCB. We'll also have secondary prizes beyond this, which my teammates can chime in on. I'll contact the winner, and no, you do not need to be present for you to win the marker. We'll be recording and posting the drawing at the very least, and possibly be streaming if it we can.

Also, Boston Paintball has contacted me and is donating extras into the raffle. We'll be adding those prizes to the event as well. After the drawing, I'll be boxing up the prizes and sending out if the winner is not present. Thus far, paintballers have donated over $1200 already to this cause, and we're hoping for even more!

For those too lazy to read: Charity raffle, winner gets the TWSTR, contact me for details, and go support Pathfinders for Autism.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:30 PM #3
cfos00

A couple thing to announce:

1- We're now at $1300!

2- The good people of Boston Paintball, and specifically Ttwo, have generously jumped into the fray and donated several prizes! If any of you know Anthony, then he's a great guy and genuinely one of good people in the sport today. Unprompted, when seeing the fundraiser, he reached out to me and told me that he and Boston Paintball wanted to get involved and help us in any way that they could on the fundraiser. They support the cause as well, and wanted to help make this raffle and event as successful as possible. Ttwo then packed up a care package and sent it our way for some sweet prizes that will now also be part of the drawing. Besides being one of the best private label milling and custom shops to ever grace paintball with it's presence, it also happens to be an organization with a heart. Check them out here Boston Paintball - Since 1992 and here http://www.committedpaintball.com/

So, without further ado, from Boston Paintball Supply, now also in the drawing:
Cowabunga Mask!

Gronk/Pats/Boston Paintball Jersey!

NeXe T-Shirt

Beast of the East T-Shirt

Boston Paintball Supply T-Shirt
ReplyRegional Ups