Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-16-2016, 07:03 AM #1
Big.Wav

I Want To Open a Indoor Paintball Field (Long Island area)

Hey folks been playing the game for 12 plus years and now in college I'm basically thinking big here and would like to open a indoor field in the Long Island area I would like it to be full size throw me some ideas such as location and sponsors I would need to open a field Didn't run this by Flan of Island paintball yet but I would like them to be a huge part of it with maybe another store or gun techs on site remember this is just me thinking big for the future but I do want to make it happen this will be a field with the players in mind and the newcomers not far behind I want to make paintball fun again! And by fun again I mean I want to make it appealing to all people and all ages
Big.Wav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2016, 07:29 AM #2
Big.Wav

Possible location just running it by you guys

space for ideas!

Last edited by Big.Wav : 02-16-2016 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Need space
Old 02-16-2016, 07:31 AM #3
Big.Wav

Possible location just running it by you guys

I was thinking of the old kmart in Levittown plenty parking and huge facility don't know if it would be ideal for paintball because they're are houses behind it but we can always think positive right? Also I was told by a source it is around a 3 million dollars and is currently owned by Home Depot not sure if it is true but she does do real estate
Old 02-18-2016, 07:34 AM #4
tnarbutt28

tnarbutt28 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tnarbutt28 supports DLX Technology
tnarbutt28 supports Shocker RSX
tnarbutt28 supports Ninja Paintball
Wasn't that a 2 floor building? And located on Hempstead tpke rent would be through the roof on the lot if home depot does own it. Your initial investment to turn a building like that into a working field wouldn't show profit in quite some time. You're better off trying more warehouse type buildings off new hwy in Farmingdale commercial area where you'd be dropping down turf and a dividing wall into a low rent building
tnarbutt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:15 AM #5
crazyboarder9999
The Insurance Guy!

has been a member for 10 years
crazyboarder9999 is BST Trusted
crazyboarder9999 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
crazyboarder9999 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarbutt28 View Post
Wasn't that a 2 floor building? And located on Hempstead tpke rent would be through the roof on the lot if home depot does own it. Your initial investment to turn a building like that into a working field wouldn't show profit in quite some time. You're better off trying more warehouse type buildings off new hwy in Farmingdale commercial area where you'd be dropping down turf and a dividing wall into a low rent building
Agreed, although it would be a great building I am sure, the overhead would be a killer. Much like any indoor field, which is why there aren't many around any more. But since we are thinking big, a 2 story building with field and maybe proshop on the other level would be sweet. Or speedball and a tactical field would also be pretty sweet

Old Feedback 7+/0-
crazyboarder9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:05 PM #6
kaiyak

kaiyak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kaiyak has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kaiyak has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kaiyak has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Best of luck to you man, the headache behind starting and running a field is absurd...Not to mention you'll have to have deep pockets to operate at a loss for quite some time. Not trying to kill your dream or idea....it's just that most people play for "X" amount of years, but never truly understand what it means to run and operate a field. The financial aspect is just one part of it...then comes the legal part of it, and further more the political piece of it as well.
Tri-City Legends #8
Collar City Shakedown #8
Brunswick, NY
Tri-City Extreme http://tricityextreme.com/ -enter Legends in the comment field when ordering
Proud member of the 518th Brigade, TrashTalk Paintball, and Upstate Hate

Alien Deception F/S/T - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...lien+deception
kaiyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:51 PM #7
-Waldo-

People have tried it before if it was possible cousins would have done it
Old 02-18-2016, 05:13 PM #8
Big.Wav

Hey guys I'm loving the input Ik it's prolly a long shot but i don't think it's impossible like I said I'm thinking big here with a full size field more than likely it would/ will be something smaller been looking into a few buildings and property seems like renting/lease is the way to go as taxes are about 2 dollars per square foot of commercial property
Old 04-13-2016, 07:23 PM #9
dyechild03

Long Island is not conducive to paintball, at all. There is minimal land except for out in Suffolk which is a far drive for anyone who isn't located out there already. Or if you do find a good space the cost of operation would far exceed your revenue stream. Attracting serious paintballers from different areas outside of Long Island would be impossible. Why would anyone want to incur the bridge and/or tunnel traffic to get to an indoor field that presumably is half the size of a field outside of the island. The vast majority of players you would get (in my honest opinion) are recreational players who aren't dedicated to the sport at all, hence not a lot of repeat business. If you're committed stay with the idea, but I don't think it's a good business investment. Period.
dyechild03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:13 AM #10
Doctoring
Champion Paintball

Doctoring owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Doctoring supports Ninja Paintball
Doesn't LI have other indoor fields? You don't really want to have to compete with people that easily, go a little north, where you have players who don't like playing in the snow, cold, and rain and you got a better stream of players.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:31 PM #11
Fuzi0n
R.I.P Eddy Z

Fuzi0n is a Supporting Member
Fuzi0n owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctoring
Doesn't LI have other indoor fields? You don't really want to have to compete with people that easily, go a little north, where you have players who don't like playing in the snow, cold, and rain and you got a better stream of players.
The only indoor field currently is High Velocity in Bay Shore.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:24 PM #12
dyechild03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0n View Post
The only indoor field currently is High Velocity in Bay Shore.
You're forgetting Arena. Or did they close?
dyechild03 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups