Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-15-2008, 01:18 AM #22
Owned13
The Family

Owned13 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheECP View Post
Auto-triggering is good for bunkering though, to get 2 good shots off quickly, you know?
it's actually quite easy to send off two shoots very quickly without an AT... have a ball chambered when you bunker someone and as soon as you fire that first shot have your pump hand in motion and get that 2nd shot off quick.

finger pull... pump... finger pull... when done right it sounds like two quick cracks
Old 03-15-2008, 07:37 AM #23
DaytonaStreetLights
A Different Sense

Laning off the break really isn't my thing sense I'm not very well timed when it comes to shooting off so many rounds so quick, I end up double feeding and chopping which generally leads to a bad game for me. I'm usally a guy taking important bunkers off the break so I need to make sure I get to my bunker safe, so generally I don't shoot at all off the break.

There are games where I'll take a bunker off the break thats in the mid of the field and place a shot or two at running players while getting to my bunker, it works pretty good for me sense I've been able to eliminate players quite often this way.
DaytonaStreetLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:51 PM #24
Mc.Gregory

Mc.Gregory plays in the PSP
Mc.Gregory plays in the APPA D5 division
its very hard to lane with pumps you just got to be really good! lol
Old 03-15-2008, 04:24 PM #25
Talfuchre
299 FPS to tha dome.

I lane a lot with a pump. I use the same techniques as I would with a semi. Put out well aimed paint where they are running. At times we will set up a field where one players lane forces the runner into another players lane. I can do this with limited paint.

Please refrain from AT comments. Pump is pump - you play your style - I'll play mine. At hounds are just as easy to shoot as ****ty SC players. Hammering away at the AT with no purpose makes you a ****ty player - period - however, just because I own a SC marker - does not make a me a great player.

TF
Old 03-16-2008, 08:36 AM #26
Dark_star85
Pump=Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
Please refrain from AT comments. Pump is pump - you play your style - I'll play mine. At hounds are just as easy to shoot as ****ty SC players. Hammering away at the AT with no purpose makes you a ****ty player - period - however, just because I own a SC marker - does not make a me a great player.

TF
Preach on TF, preach on.
Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
Dark_star85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:24 AM #27
brycelarson

I find that the most effective "laning" I do with my pump is late laning. I'll drop a few balls where I think someone might be headed - but always keep your eyes open at the moment right after people take their first bunkers. It's remarkable how often people will give you a good shot while trying to take a look at the field.

I get people off the break once in a while - but I pretty regularly pop someone in the head in the first 15 seconds of the game. Also - keep your eyes on over-slides and watch for people to be settling into their bunker - you can often get a good look at feet, elbows, pods etc. when people are turning around from their slide or moving to the other side of a bunker.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:04 PM #28
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

has been a member for 10 years
D3AGL3_PBALLER posts videos on PbNation
D3AGL3_PBALLER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
This is just to get a basic idea, if the field layout is different, A B & C just get moved to adjust for the change, but the basic idea is to make the person run through as many of your shooting lanes as possible.

I will usually drop 3 fast shots down "A", then 3 shots down "B", and lastly I throw a lane down "C" and shoot until either I see noone was able to get out that far or someone gets past my lane. If someone gets that far out and I dont hit them I swing out towards the tape, knowing that they will be sliding in and I have a second or two to make the move while they come up from their slide and get situatued.

Last edited by D3AGL3_PBALLER : 03-16-2008 at 06:06 PM.
D3AGL3_PBALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:32 PM #29
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Ah, the infamous Deagle Posts...

Post Moar, Nao!

And thats a surprisingly helpful diagram...
Teh_Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:33 AM #30
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends VII
JOESPUD27 plays in the APPA D5 division
Well, I gave it a shot this weekend.

Of 10 or so games, I shot 3-5 confirmed people off the break and bounced many others.

So yeah, you can do it.

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:33 PM #31
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Jay's paint was bouncing off of me like mad.

DA
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote