PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 PM #1
wickedgrim13
dannyhill1311@gmail.com

ruling on runaway gun issue

Hey guys I got some answers for the runaway gun issue and answers for some of your ?'s myself , Larry , Josh, and some of the other head refs got together today for alittle fun and we were discussing some things that came out of the DSO over the last 2 weekends and the discussion fell on the runaway gun issue and as some of you read myself , Charles, and Jason made reference to this matter already at the same time we covered 3 rules in the rule book that falls under the same catagory . If you walk on the field and your gun thinks for itself ( becomes a safety issue ) during the game you must immediately bring it to a judges attention to avoid any penalties and you will be able to remain alive during the game and help finish up the game without being elliminated . Once you have a judges attention you may give your gun to the judge and the 5 foot rule will not affect you if you move down the field to help your team finish up . another thing is if you can get the gun to stop firing and have alerted the judge and explained to him the cituation you will then be able to cut your gun off to keep it from firing again and the judge should have already told you to do so at this point if he hasnt got it from you . On the rule Jason covered if you cut the gun off during the game without the refs knowledge and he comes over to check things out it is a penalty and thus a one for one will be accessed for during so or you go to check in or to the dead box and your gun is off then a judge asks for your gun then a 60 point penalty will be accessed for the infraction . As I stated in the other post if we come over to inspect a marker for some reason to this issue and you have a problem with your gun and dont bring it up to a ref before he notices it and you see him coming towards you and then make a move to decieve him its too late expect the full penalty to be handed out for trying to continue to play with a marker that is unsafe . One of the cfoas main goals every event is safety and we will enforce the safety issue 100% to make sure everyone goes home at the end of a event . Poptart if you dont mind closing the other thread thanks , and we will discuss this at the next event for those who were not aware thank you for your replies on this
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 AM #2
Sygma

has been a member for 10 years
sweet, thats a good idea, hopefully there will be less teams assesed penalties because of this which makes for more competition!
Sygma is offline   Reply With Quote