Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2008, 10:14 AM #1
spectacularfate

Where can I get a list?

Recently some of my friends and me made a new team. We live in the southeast region and were wondering where we could find a list about upcoming tournaments. Any help is appreciated.
spectacularfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2008, 11:18 AM #2
Mafiabear3

www.thecfoa.com (D5, D4, D3 5man and D3, D2 xball BYOP)
www.thegfoa.com (Beginner and Open 5man BYOP)
www.thegpps.com (Beginner, Rookie, and Open 5man FPO)
www.mspa.us (Open 5man BYOP)

These are series that are around or near about the southeast. If you are just starting out I'd recommend something more local. Since you posted a more generic area I can't tell you which series is closer.
CFOA has events in Georgia, Tennessee, North and South Carolina.
GFOA is only Georgia (this year) with one field in central, another south via I-75 of Atl, another SE via I-20 and one in athens.
GPPS is only Georgia with fields in Central, North and Eastern parts of the state.
MSPA has events in Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
I personally am a rep for the GFOA so if you have any further questions about it feel free to PM me or visit our site. The others you can find out information from their sites. Cost wise your order of entry fees for beginner are GPPS $125, GFOA $200, then CFOA $275-325 pending time of payment (MSPA is an Open series). Payout wise for beginners is CFOA Cash payout, GFOA prizes, GPPS Medals. CFOA gives you the option to shoot whatever paint you want as long as it is manufactured by Kee, DXS, Severe, or XO. GFOA allows you to shoot whatever paint you want. Both CFOA and GFOA have really good prices on paint starting at around $35-45 a case. GPPS you'll have to shoot mid grade paint for $45 a case along with everyone else (although I remember some teams shooting a higher grade since they were home teams, don't know if they changed it or not). Sorry if I sound bias, but what can you expect. I don't condemn any series, every series will have something someone will complain about, it should be the goal of every series to try and fix any serious complaints that may arise. CFOA doesn't have any major issues, just the new paint rule irritated some teams. GFOA is a new series so nothing to complain about yet and hopefully there won't be. GPPS I coached a lower team and there were too many issues that arose for us to send in a team again. MSPA I have particpated in a couple of years ago and with them going to Open only, it makes it a little harder for teams that are new to have a chance to win, but it is the 'good ole boys' series with some good players who like to have a good time. Again just my 2 cents. Hope this helped.
Mafiabear3 is offline   Reply With Quote