Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2015, 08:10 PM #1
Wokaloo
XP!

Wokaloo is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Share Shock Stories

Just a little something to keep the forum alive; as it appears that the team isn't very active here.

So, share why this team matters to you.

For me, like so many, it goes back to the PUSH video. The attitude and mythos that surrounded what we now call the old blood, spoke to me as someone who always played any sport angry. Also seeing Noblett(sp?) handle business as a big dude gave me the courage to ask for a spot on a local team, despite my lack of speed. While I've been in and out of the game it's always been great to see Aftershock staying true to the aggressive and hard working attitude.

I got a chance to meet Ryan Williams and Billy Ceranski while they were playing with the Ironmen and got to talk 'Shock for a little while and it's one of my fav. paintball memories.

I don't know much about the new roster, but I'm pretty sure I've been shot out by Tholey and Cliff at local tournaments back in the day. I've been consuming every match video I can find from the time I've missed to catch up with the new Aftershock. I hope I can make it out to an event this year and say hey.

So, how 'bout you?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2015, 02:27 PM #2
Wokaloo
XP!

Wokaloo is a Supporting Member
Don't be shy now.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:28 PM #3
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends IX
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Pump Scout supports Ninja Paintball
I have one, but I'm not sure the statute of limitations has quite run out yet.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:07 PM #4
pvllpbshooter

pvllpbshooter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pvllpbshooter plays in the APPA D5 division
I remember the 05 NXL team. I for sure thought they were going to win it all. I think they dropped one match all season then crapped out at cup

Paintball aint what it used to be

0Gr3 V2.0 Beta tested
pvllpbshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:22 AM #5
mulletman
Recball Superstar

I've got one. 2001 NPPL Chicago, this was back when a different pro team would ref each event naturally Aftershock reffed at their home field, badlandz. I was playing novice 5 man in my first national tournament (we took 6th, wildcardz r.i.p.) and found myself in a 1 on 3 or 4. I'm trying to battle from the back corner of the zipper hyperball field when all of a sudden somebody starts telling me where the other team is. I look back and it's the ref! I was a little taken off guard as refs had never done this in a tournament for me before. Unfortunately it didn't help much and I was eliminated soon after without having shot a single person.

After the game ended I looked for the ref to see if I could see who it was, he lifted up his mask and it was Mike Bruno.

I don't want anyone to think less of him for doing that though, we were playing in the lowest division in the NPPL at the time and I didn't even shoot anyone. I like to think he was just trying to help out someone that was new to national tournaments.

I was a fan before that and I'm still a fan now. I hope they can get back to winning like they were back then.

Last edited by mulletman : 02-11-2016 at 11:27 AM.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote