Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Are we ready for a black president?
Yes 101 67.33%
No 49 32.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 AM #85
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonBaller2 View Post
Anyone who voted no is ****ing retarded.
Nice...and from a 2k5'er...
Always cheers me up to hear a classic small talk phrase. Thanks
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 AM #86
Sir Raph
R3PR1S3NT

has been a member for 10 years
When people ask this question, I think they're asking themselves the question: "are there racist people in our country?", and "are we colorblind?"

If those are the questions you're asking yourself, then we're definitely not ready for a black president.

However, if you're asking yourself, "is it possible that a black president could be elected (if correctly positioned) in the current political climate?" or "is our culture ready to allow a black president to lead without constantly second-guessing him/her because of their skin color?"

If those are the questions you're asking yourself, then I think it's certainly within the realm of reason.

Besides, it's better than a *****in *********** **** militant ******* woman for president. What will happen when she menstrates?! You know how women get *nudge,wink* What about if she gets pregnant?! She'll be skipping UN meetings to chow down on Ben and Jerry's!

Seriously, aren't we being a little ridiculous. The man has gotten this far.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:17 PM #87
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
I think color still matters to many in this country, sadly. I always thought the nation would pick a female president before one of color.

I think Obama's biggest selling point for people is that he speaks of change. I think after 8 years of Bush, people want something fresh. Bush had a good amount of things in his presidency that pissed people off.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:59 PM #88
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Suprise View Post
shows how truly ignorant you are to make such a comment about how rebel should be ashamed because of the history of a flag, I bet you're also of the belief that slave reparations are fair? but you do afterall support a black candidate, so anyone who has a differing opinion must be a racist?
History serves a purpose and not everything about that flag is shameful, I think the racist you seek is only as far away as your mirror!
No, I don't believe in slave reparations. I'm saying there is a great chance you are racist if you have the confederate flag in your in avatar. Why again was the confederacy started? Hmm... Ponder that.

Secondly, to anyone saying Obama is going to lose votes because he's black... You do realize that someone that ignorant to believe skin color qualifies someone for the job wasn't going to vote democratic anyways!?

Ever think about that. It's official. There are 28 retarded people in ST;P. Whoever votes no is still living in the 19th century.

Cool, ignorant people don't like Obama because of his skin color. He's still whooping up in national polls but no one acknowledges that. Because the dem's really care which way the most racist states in the south go. They'll sweep anyways.
Paint Freak 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:10 PM #89
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide

Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse87 View Post
i dont care about skin color, if he's a bad president i dont want him in office. i dont want him to win just because hes black and people want change, i want a president that has more than a change to give to the country.
What could one possibly offer that is "more than a change?" Would your ideal candidate perform miracles, heal the sick, and walk across water? I really don't understand where this "change" hatred is coming from, other than people grasping for straws on attacks at Obama.
Bunkered89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:22 PM #90
erizza

The thing I'm most interested in seeing isn't how people would accept Obama being a black president but instea dhow things will work when he fleshes out his cabinet and staff. People may want to make fun of president Bush but he has far and away the most diverse group of people helping him run things and I think if anything it would be a step backwards because of how people would view him bringing mainlyk minorites into his inner circle. Its one thing to have Condi or Colin Powell with a white president but what happens when someone says our next black secretary of state only got the job because he's the same color as the president? It's little things like that that idiots will grasp onto when it happens.
erizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:28 PM #91
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by erizza View Post
The thing I'm most interested in seeing isn't how people would accept Obama being a black president but instea dhow things will work when he fleshes out his cabinet and staff. People may want to make fun of president Bush but he has far and away the most diverse group of people helping him run things and I think if anything it would be a step backwards because of how people would view him bringing mainlyk minorites into his inner circle. Its one thing to have Condi or Colin Powell with a white president but what happens when someone says our next black secretary of state only got the job because he's the same color as the president? It's little things like that that idiots will grasp onto when it happens.
Does no one understand how intelligent Obama is?

He's not going to put all black people in the white house...
Paint Freak 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:35 PM #92
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
No, I don't believe in slave reparations. I'm saying there is a great chance you are racist if you have the confederate flag in your in avatar. Why again was the confederacy started? Hmm... Ponder that.

Secondly, to anyone saying Obama is going to lose votes because he's black... You do realize that someone that ignorant to believe skin color qualifies someone for the job wasn't going to vote democratic anyways!?

Ever think about that. It's official. There are 28 retarded people in ST;P. Whoever votes no is still living in the 19th century.

Cool, ignorant people don't like Obama because of his skin color. He's still whooping up in national polls but no one acknowledges that. Because the dem's really care which way the most racist states in the south go. They'll sweep anyways.
Actually the confederacy was started because they wanted more states rights.

Secondly, someone who is ignorant enough to vote for Obama just because he is black is isn't going to vote Republican.

Now you prove your ignorance by saying the "racist states in the south." Have you been to the south recently? Probably not judging by that comment. The south isn't all rural farmland, rebel flags, and country music...the south actually has a very large Hispanic and black population.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:58 PM #93
Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Are you saying you're a sheep riding in a bandwagon?
Actually, I am the one pulling the bandwagon along at breakneck speed, using the large meathooks driven through folds in the flash of my back, whipping myself with a cat o'nine tails, marching to the tune of "O"-"BAH"-"MA".

Of course, before this begins, I must first cleanse myself. As Muslim terrorists rid themselves of their bodily hair prior to their self-detonation, I too must prepare and purify myself in this way. I cover myself in OBAMA 08 bumper stickers and rip them off as one would do with wax paper, purging myself of any and all things that could be considered hair.

I'd write more but the time investment is not worth it.
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 AM #94
Sir Raph
R3PR1S3NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse87 View Post
i dont care about skin color, if he's a bad president i dont want him in office. i dont want him to win just because hes black and people want change, i want a president that has more than a change to give to the country.
Here is the problem I have with this entire position.

If you don't want him to win because he's black and therefore a novelty to voters.
Or if you don't want him to win because he's black and might bring racial issues to the forefront.
Or if you don't want him to win because he's black and ....etc.

You're still letting his skin color influence your vote.

If you're of voting age, and are registered to vote, go to:

www.ontheissues.org

and find the candidate with whom you agree the most (on their policies.)
If we took away the hype and the prejudices and the club-joining and bandwagoning, maybe we'd do a better job of choosing our leaders.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:38 AM #95
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raph View Post
Here is the problem I have with this entire position.

If you don't want him to win because he's black and therefore a novelty to voters.
Or if you don't want him to win because he's black and might bring racial issues to the forefront.
Or if you don't want him to win because he's black and ....etc.

You're still letting his skin color influence your vote.

If you're of voting age, and are registered to vote, go to:

www.ontheissues.org

and find the candidate with whom you agree the most (on their policies.)
If we took away the hype and the prejudices and the club-joining and bandwagoning, maybe we'd do a better job of choosing our leaders.
What I believe he was trying to say is, "I don't want him to win just because people are going to vote for him just because he's black and want a black president."
Old 02-27-2008, 10:59 AM #96
ClintonBaller2
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Are you ready for a Black president sir? Are you personally prepared for that?

Yes, Im ready, I could care less if its a Muslim, Christian or atheist. Dont care if theyre straight or gay, black, white, or purple. Its views and what they are going to do that matters.

If Romney was black would it matter to you? Or Catholic?

Last edited by ClintonBaller2 : 02-27-2008 at 11:02 AM.
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:49 AM #97
[JUSTIN]
●LOVE●

Am I ready for a black president? Yes.

I'm just not so sure Barack Obama is the man for the job. There are certainly not any other high profile blacks who I think are any better though.
[JUSTIN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:23 PM #98
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

72% of U.S. civilians can't even whip all the poo off their *** after a good ****.
So with that in mind, how do we think our country/countrymen are going to get it together to help Emerica be that not so ****ty place to live!

Doubt that will ever happen in my life time-
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 PM #99
He's Ebeneezer Goode

Using your reasoning, we will never be ready for nothing but white on white in the white house. It is not the world that is racist my friend, it is you that are racist, you can not say "if" he is bad, there are tons of horrible white presidents, and most people will observe the horrible black president as a bad politician for his motives/ideas, not his skin color.

Save for racist organizations/southern rednecks, but who really cares about them?
Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 PM #100
Irunwithscissors

Hmm, Tough call.. I think Obama should run in another 4-8 years. He'll gain more experience and this country is not doing the best economically and the next President will have a tough time. I would love Obama if he legalized weed and taxed it and lowered the deficit alot. Just my opinion tho, but I am ready for Obama..He was average and he's a self-made man. Gotta give him props.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:04 PM #101
chaoz
ST is in ME

You got something against black people?

"Im sitting in this little haze i call reality ;P" - Sean1994

he is his avatar, in my head.

*scratch scratch*
-GrenadeglovesII
chaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:06 AM #102
ClintonBaller2
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512 View Post
Using your reasoning, we will never be ready for nothing but white on white in the white house. It is not the world that is racist my friend, it is you that are racist, you can not say "if" he is bad, there are tons of horrible white presidents, and most people will observe the horrible black president as a bad politician for his motives/ideas, not his skin color.

Save for racist organizations/southern rednecks, but who really cares about them?
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:26 PM #103
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
Actually, Obama's only partially black...

I think America is ready for a black (or partially black) president. I don't think race is as much of an issue with people as the media leads you to believe. Sure there are the racists and bigots out there, on both sides, but as a whole I don't think anyone cares.

I have to agree with your first statement concerning the media and race. It's too entirely easy to pull the race card and get people all fired up. The real issue is class.

Yes we're ready. We've been ready.
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:10 PM #104
not_manbot_revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
Actually the confederacy was started because they wanted more states rights.

Secondly, someone who is ignorant enough to vote for Obama just because he is black is isn't going to vote Republican.

Now you prove your ignorance by saying the "racist states in the south." Have you been to the south recently? Probably not judging by that comment. The south isn't all rural farmland, rebel flags, and country music...the south actually has a very large Hispanic and black population.
state's rights is always brought up, but the south dug itself into the hole in the first place. It had a very rigid economic system based solely around king cotton and other agricultural products. This agricultural system was based very solidly upon the backs of the slaves who worked these fields (as seen by the nearly complete collapse of "king cotton" after the war, without any slaves). Now you could say that the economic prediciment that the south was *****ing about was states rights, but it was also very clearly tied to the slaves.

***Not saying that i support the actions and consequences of the civil war. However, i do believe it was a necessary evil, it moved the south beyond slavery and created a more cohesive united states.

Sure you can say the South is all very multicultural and butterflies and rainbows, but it's not at all. Tallahassee is still very rigidly aligned along race lines, with blacks living on one side of town and whites on the other. Sure there's communication between the two and there's not very much race related crime. But to say that everything is fine is borderline idiotic. The blame of this isn't necessarily on whites though, but race relations aren't solid, yet.

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
not_manbot_revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:19 PM #105
The Crusader
Blowin' minds since 1989

Overall, yes we are