Community Focus

Old 06-24-2016, 04:16 AM #1
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
ferret15 supports Ninja Paintball
Project LOG. VSAMG2.0 and How to

This project start like most Spyder projects, you dig through your box, then proceed to browse ebay for the next 6 months and spend way more than I'm going to show right now. As some might now I like modding spyders, been a while since i've actually done anything. Sometime this year I got the bug and bought an AMG to start with and decided i'm going use a balance valve setup.

Basically What were doing is taking a VS2 or VS3 and putting as many parts in an AMG I've seen 1 other setup like this and I've used in an aggressor way back now.

Step 1: strip it down to the body and using a punch drive the star side out. You don't need it

Step 2: This is a good time to do any milling, I gave it to a friend and had him run it just a little further than the pin actually goes in the center channel. You could also use a rear or side cocking bolt.

Step 3: There are 3 things show in this photo; the assemblies take up the same space, The retaining screw, and as use a red striker o-ring you guys think that black oring had anything to do with the "broken" VS2 i'm using?

Step 4: Install the balance valve. Use the set screw and not the brass one. Then make sure to drop the star in for good measure. (Not actually needed)
[IMG][/IMG]
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2016, 04:16 AM #2
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
Now lets talk springs
The short ones go in a front block, pretty much the most common e-frame spyder
The long ones go in a full body spyder, Most any thing with a hose coming out of the valve chamger
Then there is the AMG, attached to the plug is the heavy straight spring.

Step 5: Since the short black one is from the VS2, were going to try a long black one and hope it holds. since nobody made light springs for the AMG

Step 6: Pick a bolt; I'm going to use the VS2 but I got a couple bolts options if i want later. Ideally, I'd have that 3 o-ring Alamo city bolt, but I can't find any body that even has one anymore.

You can see the venturi face of the ANS rear cocking, the unknown rear delrin is a bit thicker wall, I think its for a electra with the little cocking pin. The VS looks like it have better flow, curved inlet, thinner walls=more volume, rear oring will seal to help keep air directed forward.

Step 7: Put the bolt/striker/spring and plug it up.
I'm going to use the rear plug, I think its cleaner. You need a longer screw through the grip frame to hold it in place. Kinda goes with the quick pull bolt, I could drill a hole in the amg plug to hold now i suppose.

Last bit about spring: If you don't know, VS2 uses a short medium spring that you can't buy in a kit So if you wanted to save $10 you could try getting the gun running and buy a kit later. I've got 3 kits in this picture, Its not a big deal to trim them as they seem to all be different sizes anyway. Bottom left is the VS2 spring size in comparison.

Last edited by ferret15 : 06-24-2016 at 05:07 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:46 AM #3
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
Step 8: REGULATOR! For now I give up on getting or having made the vertical ASA adapter for the AMG. I've got like 4 regulators that I bought mostly to if the parts could work, nice right. My millennium has a sidewider because of that. What has happened is I think i'm going to use the VS2 regulator combo on/off ASA.

What nice about the AMG is the inline holes since every other classic spyder is offset I'm think i'm going to get a different rail adapter but the CP one I have will do for now.

The other thing is like all fitting s on spyders are metric, i dont' know where I had an extra straight fitting from but I needed to put one on the AMG grip.

Step 9: Assemble The rest of the gun.

Extra:

Last edited by ferret15 : 06-24-2016 at 05:09 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:00 AM #4
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
I guess its time to revel the first fitting of the VSAMG2.0

I have more parts that I haven't show yet, I'd like to dial the tuning in first.

Where were at on the build.
AMG-$40
VS2-$60
Old 06-25-2016, 08:36 AM #5
Seajay

Seajay supports Ninja Paintball
Lovely!
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:07 PM #6
TheNordicBuffadillo
Still roaming...

Annual Supporting Member
TheNordicBuffadillo plays in the APPA beginner division
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TheNordicBuffadillo supports DLX Technology
TheNordicBuffadillo supports Ninja Paintball
subscribed! and that's a nice build and walk through. I may have to build one myself. The VS2 was always my favorite Spyder to date. Shot so smooth for a blowback. It kept up with intimidators and other high ends no problem. Just a little more kick and a louder bang is all.
TheNordicBuffadillo is offline   Reply With Quote