PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-08-2008, 04:36 PM #1
#LT

Stillwater

Anyone from Stillwater? If so, what fields are good to go to around here?

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2008, 07:25 PM #2
skousenjr
Eclipse Freak

I am from stillwater, and no fields local, have to travel, closest would be adventure zone, but i prefer rapid fire in Hominy or how ever its spelled. bit further, but better from what i have seen.
skousenjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:40 PM #3
#LT

I've been wanting to go up there, but my friend backed out on me twice and it's not really worth the drive to go up there myself.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:43 PM #4
TickleMeElmo

#LT

I am a senior at OSU, so far what i have found is. Adventure Zone got some rough reviews.(see link read for yourself)

http://www.pbreview.com/fields/reviews/523/

So i went over to Rapid Fire on a Saturday two weeks ago at 1:00pm I found only two people playing I was sad. The manager told me there would be more people there around 6 when they had a tourney going. I was disappointed there were so few people at prime paintball time, but the fields were really nice, i wanted to play on them, and still do. So I called up All American Paintball and asked them(a proshop in Tulsa) were i could a lot of people. Heres what they said. Paintball Adventures Games (Sapulpa) usually has the highest turnout, Paintball Land (Colinsville) usually has just about the same. and they did mention firestorm, some speedballers like to go there too. So I went to Paintball Adventures, i had a blast, good refs, tons of people and lots of fields. It took me only 20 mins more to get to PAG instead of hominy. I have played there for the last two weeks and love it the people i have met are really friendly, and helpful. It has a nice community feel to it. You can even see us playing form this Saturday thanks to D-man.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2551999
TickleMeElmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:49 PM #5
#LT

Thanks, let me know if you plan to go anytime soon.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:38 PM #6
UnLucky13
U CAN'T HANDLE MY GATGAT

UnLucky13 plays in the MiLP
UnLucky13 plays in the APPA D5 division
Lol what were you wearing when you were at PAG b/c I am one of the refs out there..
Rick "BIRDMAN" Alexander #13

Silver and Gold Marq Vic
UnLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 AM #7
TickleMeElmo

LT

If Firestorm is closed I will probably go to PAG this weekend.

And i also might go and check out the Rapidfire BYOP Sundays.

Unlucky13

I wear orange sleeved gray shirt, see the pics below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMowxKchko

Last edited by TickleMeElmo : 02-19-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:32 AM #8
TickleMeElmo

So this past weekend I planned to go to PAG, but the weather was crap. I called up Les before driving into Tulsa. I laughed when he told be me not to come. So by Sunday i really had the itch bad so I decided to go check out Adventure Zone. I know above I said it got some rough reviews well i also believe you should see for yourself. So I got there the parking lot was all mud, no good. I went over to get my stuff from there "office" There customer service was as the review site said. So i played on three of there courses. Lost City, It was attack and defend, neat idea reminded me of FPS. Problem was when you get the tree line as soon as you step out they have position and fields of fire to lite your *** up. Although there dead zones were cool, cages. Then we went to there spools field. This was alot more fun. In the second game the ref didn't respond to paint check calls, and one of my opponents tried to use my teammate as a meat shield after he was out, and we were about 15 feet apart, so I lit him up, one ball accidentally hit my teammate, I apologized to him after words and shook. After he was hit, he ducked and the next 3 went right into rambo, so i though what the hell lets bum rush the field, and i finished off the other 2 players. Lot of fun. After that i asked the ref if we could play on there speedball field. We played once unfortunately some punk ran to the bunker i said i was going to, mind you hes 4 feet tall im 6'6" So the only thing big enough for me to fight from was the center, hehe it went real well So then some of the group was angry so they wanted to play Ridge which at that field is like 10 acres, I was thinking to myself oh *** (orange sleeves) this is going to be fun. So i found myself a nice spot inside the branches of an evergreen. I was set up for an ambush (they were attacking). 20 mins go by and the game was over. I never even saw the other team during the game. Then the owner was nice enough he let us play on the speedball field after they had closed so we could burn up the rest of our paint. That was alot more fun, although I was taken out by a guy blind firing Still it was fun popped, a couple of people before i got knocked out.

So here are my thoughts on Adventure Zone versus Paintball Adventure Games.

The spools at PAG are bigger about 25% doesn't sound like much but believe me it makes a difference when turning to fight two people or in my case 3, at once. Because i was so crouched down(small spools)and moving fast i pulled my muscle in my left leg, and it hurts. Further more the course layout is better, PAG has a rim around the top and the boat in the center, which i love shooting at people that are in it.

The Hyperball Course PAG has was alot more fun to play on. The giant tubes he has create more diverse cover, and allow you to work you way up, the AZ field was simpler and you tented to flank because the wooden walls offer no side protection. A better way to think of it is the AZ field is like a square, and the PAG field is like a Rectangle.

AZ get some point for the Lost City it had a neat setup; Cars, and two story fort.

Over all I would prefer to play at PAG, or Firestorm(but they might be closing).

Below are some pics my Girlfriend took of my while playing on there Speedball field.

Last edited by TickleMeElmo : 02-19-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:38 AM #9
colbykelsey27

colbykelsey27 plays in the PSP
colbykelsey27 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
colbykelsey27 is an NCPA player
colbykelsey27 plays in the APPA D4 division
go to az on sun around 9 or 10 in the morning and you can hit up mafia's practice, a couple of us from stilly who just started a osu paintball club go there then most of the time
colbykelsey27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:57 AM #10
RACERX930

I have an air field in my backyard in Stillwater but we really never play on it anymore.
RACERX930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:28 AM #11
sgmorris (Banned)

you should open the feild to people and charge like 10 bcks to get in
sgmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:39 PM #12
UnLucky13
U CAN'T HANDLE MY GATGAT

UnLucky13 plays in the MiLP
UnLucky13 plays in the APPA D5 division
Yea PAG should be open this weekend and I will be reffing on Sunday
Rick "BIRDMAN" Alexander #13

Silver and Gold Marq Vic
UnLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:47 PM #13
TickleMeElmo

Ok change of plan LT. Rapidfire is going to do BYOP on saturday so im going there.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:13 AM #14
RACERX930

Just buy all my bunkers for 500 and have them over to your house!

I'm pretty much done with it I think.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:59 AM #15
anevez
$$$$$$

anevez plays in the APPA beginner division
how many bunkers u got???

iFRESH
15 Year Old Fury.......even though i turned 17
anevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:33 PM #16
RACERX930

It's a VORTEX Field with
4 X 7 foot tall cans
1 x 12 foot center pyramid
1 x 7 foot dorito
2 x 5 foot dorito
2 x 10 foot beams with a 5 foot block in the middle to make a zipper snake.
ReplyRegional Ups