Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 07:22 AM #106
RedzFacNum24
 
 
RedzFacNum24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Jesus this thread is scary...What the hell happened to our 2nd amendment rights? I can't believe the number of people in here who think people with a permit, who carry their firearms everywhere else, shouldn't be allowed to bring them on to a college campus. I personally do not carry a firearm, but the day the 2nd amendment is rendered useless in the United States is the day I move to a different country.
RedzFacNum24 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2008, 07:32 AM #107
RedzFacNum24
 
 
RedzFacNum24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ||IcEs|| View Post
Has April Fools come early or is this thread serious?

How can you possibly think, more guns will equal nobody shooting the place up?

Lets delve deeper into this shall we?

A campus of 5,000 students and roughly 80 teachers.

60% of these people carry guns, the other 40% wants a gun, does not wish to have one or think it is stupid to have one.

Now lets take this 60% and get a true picture on what a normal person, with the power to kill, will do with a gun.

-**** around with it
-Threaten people with it
-Act all gangster
-Think how they will use it on someone
-How they hope to use it
-How they hope they won't have to use it

These are just a few.

Now, it has already been mentioned on the first page of this thread, "what if a fight broke out between two gun holders?".

Pretty much, one of these people WILL use their gun because they can claim self-defence or because they are just stupid and want to kill the other person.

He/she opens fire and injures/kills the person they were fighting and seriously injures or even kills a bystander.

So now thats two people in hospital because the theory is, more guns equals less crime!

YAY!

****ing stupid if you ask me but its what many people in this thread have stated.

Do you have any idea how dangerous and volatile a situation can be when a gun is involved?

Talk to any Police officer in any country and ask them what they have to do when a gun enters the equation, the **** hits the fan and you are in the **** from the get go.

Imagine SWAT storming a college campus only to find multiple suspects wielding guns, who have little to no training and have itchy trigegr fingers, someone is going to die even without the help of some nutjob shooting them.

Stupid, pathetic thread and unfortunately, typical replies from some.
You can't make up statistics and cite them as fact. There is no way %60 of college students would go out on get a CCW, and even if they did they would have PERMITS. It's not like the schools would just start handing out guns with lunch.

Do you really think the majority of college students would go out, get a permit, and buy a gun just because they're allowed to bring it on campus? If all these students want guns so bad why don't they go out and get them to carry off campus? The number of students with CCW would not rise significantly, and if it did then that would be fine also. It would be nice to see people use the 2nd amendment as much as they use the rest of the Constitution.
RedzFacNum24 is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 07:42 AM #108
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling
 
mcgyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Reston, Virginia
mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
How many shootings happen each year on accident? I think adding more guns to an equation can equal more accidents, even the most trained person can have an AD(Accidental Discharge)

I think to help prevent school shootings, let professors have firearms in class, get armed campus police and more of them. Put better and more secure locks in the doors. If a student doesn't belong in that certain class, they don't enter the room.

Some of my former classmates I wouldn't trust with a butter knife, much less a firearm.
__________________
Feedback 51 Positive-Old


GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS

Last edited by mcgyver : 02-23-2008 at 07:44 AM.
mcgyver is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 08:21 AM #109
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey
 
The Glitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Empire State
Quote:
and if you say "Well Matt, how many CCW's have stopped a mass shooting?" while there are actually documented cases of this... I would rather be a smart *** and say "How many NO GUNS ALLOWED signs have stopped mass shootings"....
Ahh, the sound of reason is so refreshing in the morning.
__________________
_MYRMIDON EMPIRE_
---(Mur-Meh-Don)---
pillage and burn!!!

Proud to be apart of the Strategy Plus Family.
For top quality scenario play at a modest price, there's no better choice!


Fueled by EMPIRE Paintball
The Glitch is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 AM #110
vikingshadow
SCHWING!
 
vikingshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Downtown
vikingshadow is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports our troops
Ok, I don't support it, but that's my right and my opinion. I don't want to get too much into that.

My question is, why in the world do we even need to discuss this? When I went to college, there wasn't a single gun related shooting on a campus (at least not in the news) in the entire country. Are the youth of the world these days so screwed up that they think they need GUNS to solve their problems? What happened between 1995 and 2008 that caused so many psychopathic killers under the age of 20 to appear in America? And, what can we do to fix that problem?

Personally, I don't think more guns in public is the answer because: 1. Even troubled people may be able to get the permit, and 2. I'm not 100 percent convinced that CCW holders could be counted on to actually pull the gun and use it in the way they always speak. They talk a big game, but when it comes to it, I'm not sure they could do it. IMO, there's a big difference between normal, stable people who normally don't have the type of situation that requires a gun thrust at them, and police officers/security personnel who face it constantly, all day long every day.

I don't understand. We need to get to the root of the problem with why these kids are killing so many people. When I was in high school, school shootings were absolutely unheard of. Things were settled with fists, not knives and guns. There were instances when teachers and parents actually let the fight go on for awhile to "get it out of their systems." My basketball coach actualy made two boys get in the center circle and fight while the rest of the team sat around them. When it came down to the fight, they didn't go through with it.

We carried our rifles and shotguns in our trucks (yes, I grew up in rural America, but about 30 miles from the "city") so we could go out hunting or just shooting cans by the river after school. I remember when a guy did a demonstration using his shotgun for speech class, and brought the actual gun in school WITH ammunition. We didn't get scared one bit. The teacher even enjoyed the speech! We took our guns with us to college, but the only rule then was to keep them in our vehicle and not in the dorm rooms in case of an accidental discharge...my, how times have changed!

Ok, enough of that "old fogey" bit. Perhaps, instead of reaching for weapons of destruction, we should get into what is causing these behaviors in America, and how we can stop them? Personally, I don't think having more guns out there makes it better, and for those who are saying CCW prevents shootings, well, it hasn't.

My concern is that some day, we may see this in the news:

Professor: Joe, this test/paper was poorly done. You didn't support your opinions with facts, and I question that you actually read the chapter, let alone paid attention in class. What seems to be the problem?

CCW holder: (after having a horrible time with family, failing grades, broke up with girlfriend and lost scholarship) Screw it. Here's what I have to say. (Pulls concealed weapon, shoots professor in face, then kills himself.)

Since I know that my opinion isn't the popular one right now and that this is ST: Politics so I'm going to get flamed, so I won't be responding. Like I said at the beginning, this is my opinion which is my right. So, flame away!

And one last thing based on the topic of this thread: When I graduated college, I was barely over the age of 21. Since most CCW laws require you to be 21 years old to even obtain one, that means the majority of the people with concealed weapons will probably be in your "late junior, senior - graduate/non trad stage" and not in the majority of classes being offered. What's the guarantee that SOMEONE in the class will actually own a CCW should the law be changed to allow carrying a weapon on campus?
__________________

I'm selling all my paintball stuff! Look here! My Baby! Phantom Pump
vikingshadow is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 12:05 PM #111
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ||IcEs|| View Post
Has April Fools come early or is this thread serious?

How can you possibly think, more guns will equal nobody shooting the place up?

Lets delve deeper into this shall we?

A campus of 5,000 students and roughly 80 teachers.

60% of these people carry guns, the other 40% wants a gun, does not wish to have one or think it is stupid to have one.

Now lets take this 60% and get a true picture on what a normal person, with the power to kill, will do with a gun.

-**** around with it
-Threaten people with it
-Act all gangster
-Think how they will use it on someone
-How they hope to use it
-How they hope they won't have to use it

These are just a few.

Now, it has already been mentioned on the first page of this thread, "what if a fight broke out between two gun holders?".

Pretty much, one of these people WILL use their gun because they can claim self-defence or because they are just stupid and want to kill the other person.

He/she opens fire and injures/kills the person they were fighting and seriously injures or even kills a bystander.

So now thats two people in hospital because the theory is, more guns equals less crime!

YAY!

****ing stupid if you ask me but its what many people in this thread have stated.

Do you have any idea how dangerous and volatile a situation can be when a gun is involved?

Talk to any Police officer in any country and ask them what they have to do when a gun enters the equation, the **** hits the fan and you are in the **** from the get go.

Imagine SWAT storming a college campus only to find multiple suspects wielding guns, who have little to no training and have itchy trigegr fingers, someone is going to die even without the help of some nutjob shooting them.

Stupid, pathetic thread and unfortunately, typical replies from some.
This is by and large the stupidest post I have seen on PBN in a LONG time.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 12:35 PM #112
bnctaj
 
 
bnctaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by $Tony_Montana$ View Post
why the **** would students be allowed to carry guns?
So that the students at places like Virginia Tech could defend themselves, as opposed to waiting hours for the police to get "information" pertaining to the instigator/shooter who has already proven his or herself a criminal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballbum View Post
no, 95% of people under 18 are not mature enough to have a gun, period
Which is why children under the age of 18 can have firearms under current legislation? Furthermore, simply because kids under 18 would theoretically be able to carry (with parental consent) doesn't mean that more would. The kids who want to carry for illegitimate purposes already do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill501 View Post
I've seen enough stupid school fights while I was in highschool that would have ended so much worse if either person were packing. I agree with paintballbum
I guess that is why kids under 18 can carry concealed weapons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky76 View Post
i love your logic: more people with more guns will reduce gun related crimes.
Switzerland has a mandatory draft wherein all citizens must become a part of the Swiss Army. Each citizen is issued a SIG rifle. Professor John R. Lott is a University of Chicago Law Professor, who has made numerous claims:

My new book, The Bias Against Guns, examines multiple-victim public shootings in the United States from 1977 to 1999 and finds that when states passed right-to-carry laws, these attacks, while fairly rare, fell by 60 percent. Deaths and injuries from multiple-victim public shootings fell on average by 78 percent. When attacks still occurred in right-to-carry states, they overwhelmingly happened in the special places within those states where concealed handguns were banned.

Neighboring Austria, France, Germany, and Italy, all with stricter gun-control laws, had murder rates during 2000 that were 21 to 112 percent higher than Switzerland's. With the exception of Austria, they all also have far higher robbery rates. Only Italy had fewer reported rapes. In England and Wales, where handguns are totally banned and few people are allowed to own rifles or shotguns, the murder rate was 68 percent higher, the rape rate 188 percent higher, and the robbery rate a staggering 493 percent higher.

Meanwhile, in Phyllis Schafly's work, one finds:

The only policy that effectively reduces public shootings is right-to-carry laws. Allowing citizens to carry concealed handguns reduces violent crime. In the 31 states that have passed right-to-carry laws since the mid-1980s, the number of multiple-victim public shootings and other violent crimes has dropped dramatically. Murders fell by 7.65%, rapes by 5.2%, aggravated assaults by 7%, and robberies by 3%. On the average, murder rates in states without concealed-carry laws are 127% higher than in states having the broadest carry laws.

Most of the "children" in the statistics on kids killed by gunfire are 17-, 18- and 19-year-olds killed in gang or drug wars in high-crime urban areas. It is unrealistic to think that trigger locks or waiting periods would have any effect in stopping those homicides.

The Centers for Disease Control could identify only 21 children under age 15 dying from accidental handgun deaths in 1996. But 40 children under the age of five drown in water buckets every year and another 80 drown in bathtubs. Are we going to demand that water buckets and bathtubs be locked up and fitted with safety catches? Many more children are killed or injured every year from cars, drowning, fires, and even toys than from guns. The risk of a child drowning in a swimming pool is 100 times greater than the risk of dying from a firearm-related accident.

The Columbine killers violated at least 17 state and federal gun-control laws among the 20,000 gun-control laws on the books today. Does anyone think that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold would not have known how to unlock their guns, or that a waiting period would have made a difference in the murders they planned months in advance? None of the proposals for trigger locks, waiting periods or gun-show restrictions would have stopped Harris and Klebold.

At least 80 million Americans own about 250 million guns...

Guns are used 430,000 times a year to commit crimes, but 2,000,000 to 2,500,000 times a year in self-defense to prevent deaths, rapes, assaults and other serious injuries. In 98% of the situations, the victim just brandished a gun, and in only 2% of the cases was the gun actually fired, usually just as a warning.

Switzerland and Israel have more gun ownership than the United States and their murder rate is far less. Switzerland has more guns per person than any country in the world, yet is one of the safest places to be. All males age 20 to 42 are required to keep fully automatic rifles or pistols at home. It's a common sight to see Israelis carrying sidearms. On the other hand, Brazil and Russia have complete gun control, and their murder rate is five times that of the United States.

"We need safe storage laws.” False. States that passed "safe storage" laws have high crime rates, especially higher rates of rape and aggravated assault against women.

“Guns create a terrible danger of accidental deaths.” False. Rep. James Traficant (D-OH) told the House: "Something does not add up, the number of accidental deaths involving guns average 1,500 per year; and the number of accidental deaths caused by doctors, surgeons, and hospitals average 120,000 a year. That means ... [it is] 80 times more possible of being killed accidentally by a doctor than a gun." (April 4, 2000)

We are told that "we need zero tolerance in the schools about guns." But schools were a lot safer prior to the 1970s, when guns in schools were very common. Professor Lott has pointed out that, "until 1969, virtually every public high school in New York City had a shooting club. High school students carried their guns to school on the subways in the morning . . . and regularly competed in city-wide shooting contests." When guns were so easily accessible, even inside schools, why didn't we have the problems that we have today?

Gun confiscation leads to a loss of freedom, increased crime, and the government moving to the left. This has already happened in England and Australia. After Great Britain banned most guns in 1997, making armed self-defense punishable as murder, violence skyrocketed because criminals know that law abiding citizens have been disarmed. Armed crime rose 10% in 1998. The Sunday Times of London reported on the new black market in guns: "Up to 3 million illegal guns are in circulation in Britain, leading to a rise in drive-by shootings and gangland-style execution." There has been such a heavy increase in the use of knives for violent attacks that new laws have been passed giving police the power to search anyone for knives in designated areas.

In 1996 Australia banned 60% of all firearms and required registration of all guns and the licensing of gun owners. Police confiscated 640,381 firearms, going door to door without search warrants. Two years later, the Australian Bureau of Statistics reported that all crime had risen and armed robberies were up 44%.

The claim that "militia" just refers to the National Guard is ridiculous. The first Congress passed the Second Amendment and the second Congress passed the Militia Act of 1792 which defined militia as "each and every able-bodied male citizen" from age 18 to 45 (with some exceptions) and stated that each one shall "provide himself" with a gun, ammunition, and a bayonet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamedemon89 View Post
most police officers have enough trouble getting over the psychological trauma of shooting someone. it would be so much worse for citizens.

i think instead we should have something closer to germany where police men are better armed. but if you have that, then its like a military state.
A military state... so apparently M16's in police cars aren't enough for you. And apparently you expect a single law enforcement officer to protect 411 people (Source).
Quote:
Originally Posted by akamoe View Post
It would be like opening Pandora's box. An utter hell hole. Everyone would live paranoid of everyone else, knowing that under their shirt was piece of metal that could instantly kill them and many others. A wrong look could set someone off. An accidental shove could set someone off. There would be daily shootings because of people misreading others.
That's what happens in other first world countries with lax gun restrictions, after all *refers to prior notes*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMob View Post
This isn't about the guns the police have. Once a few squad cars get there the problem is pretty much on its way to being resolve. This is about the time between the beginning of the shooting and the first police response, where most of the casualties occur.
Campus police proved themselves oh so effective in the Tech Massacre, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akamoe View Post
Of course, but the proposal was to arm everyone on a college campus. Or at least that is what I read from it. That would scare the **** out of me. If I knew that was around me I would not leave my house, to be honest.
The proposal is to allow the people who have concealed carry permits – which require one to pass a background check when 90% of killers have prior criminal records (source).
bnctaj is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 12:36 PM #113
bnctaj
 
 
bnctaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by akamoe View Post
That is all I was trying to get it.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky76 View Post
so instead of police we need a bunch of vigilantes running around with handguns on college campuses?
Or just average Joes who go to the range every now and then, are licensed to carry, and can help save your life? Nevermind that the chances of citizen are much less when "the majority of shootings occur within 5-10 feet" and SWAT officers can miss a 92 year old woman 34 times and wind up shooting other members of their own police force.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stiffy69 View Post
a more logical idea i just thought of.. Why not allow conceled carry of tasers instead? that way they still have a chance but cant kill anyone.
Tazers are limited limited in range and can be resisted. Plus they are a “one time use” and can kill people. Watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename067 View Post
Thats about the dumbest idea I have ever heard. I do NOT want to go to college knowing that almost everyone around me might just ****ing go nuts and start gunning people down.

Even if students are above 21, they could still be irresponsible. Or they might just crack one day and go on a rampage knowing how they have the right to carry weapons [concealed] at schools/campuses.

Not here, not in the USA.
Quite frankly, people don't just “snap”. Do some study on psychosis and such. I'm sick of finding you guys links, sorry. Plus, not everyone would be armed. And you wouldn't see a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808paintballjunkie2 View Post
a guy is watching someone reach in their jacket.....then he gets suspicious.....

so he whips out that double barrel shotty and rips a well down the other guys chest....

then the guy falls to the ground with a pen coming out of his jacket pocket...
Because that clearly happens in the world outside of colleges and “gun free” (read: target rich) environments every day, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky76 View Post
when did i say it would deter? thats my point exactly, concealed weapons are NOT going to deter a suicidal gun man from unloading at least a clip into a crowd. having more guns is not going to make anyone feel safer except the people dumb enough to believe they could shoot a gunman across a crowded room without harming others in the process via misses or ricochets. hell even if by some miracle they drop the guy with one shot that shot could pass right through him and wound or kill an innocent bystander which at worst could result in a wrongful death lawsuit or even criminal charges pressed against the "vigilante." theres a reason average people are not trusted with shooting at criminals.
One dead extra bystander is a far more desireable outcome to me than thirty extra people. Nevermind that, well, cops have been notorious for missing and firing an excessive number of shots at people reaching for wallets (one instance, and another).

blah blah blah. Same questions over and over again, roughly.
bnctaj is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 12:44 PM #114
xbreaka
 
 
xbreaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Utah is one of the great examples of states where if you have a concealed carry permit you can carry on a college campus, lets look at some facts.

-Oh gosh all these guns on campus, there must have been a bunch of college shootings in Utah Fact: There hasn't

-Students will threaten each other, act all gangster and flash their guns all over the place Fact: these are adults, who worked their ***** off to simply have the right to carry a concealed weapon, such asshattery doesn't happen that weapon is for self defense and that is it.
__________________
I hope a flock of geese get into the engines when shes flying over a lake. Stupid **** whore. - Ainskurred on Nancy Pelosi's Plane
xbreaka is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 12:50 PM #115
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:
 
careyman_462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreaka View Post
Utah is one of the great examples of states where if you have a concealed carry permit you can carry on a college campus, lets look at some facts.

-Oh gosh all these guns on campus, there must have been a bunch of college shootings in Utah Fact: There hasn't

-Students will threaten each other, act all gangster and flash their guns all over the place Fact: these are adults, who worked their ***** off to simply have the right to carry a concealed weapon, such asshattery doesn't happen that weapon is for self defense and that is it.


And several other states are considering it.

People get all worried about people having guns at college, but it's the same people that carry them everywhere else in public. In TN, ~3% have their CCW permit. So, if there are 2000 people at the mall, 60 of them are armed.

This percentage would be drastically lower on campus, seeing as most states require you to be 21 to get your permit.

EDIT - I find it pretty odd that CA is 18, and they are considering allowing carry on campus. They're such Nazis when it comes to magazine capacity, "assault" weapons, etc.
__________________
Old PbNation Feedback
(+19/-0)
careyman_462 is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 12:54 PM #116
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballbum View Post
no, 95% of people under 18 are not mature enough to have a gun, period
research "gun laws" before you post an ignorant post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman_69_88 View Post
I could care less where the guns cam from I asked where the CCW was from? Oh that's right he didn't have one. I don't notice my handgun half the time so I know when I walk past one of you in a store you have no clue. Even when you cut in line I don't gun you down. However when things get hairy in public I remove myself and stand as far back as I can. The last thing I want to do is pull my gun in public. Also I won't shoot the guy taking your car at gun point, as long as it's your head getting splatered not mine I don't care. I carry so when I (yeah ME not the public) am in trouble I can walk away and go home. If I ever get to carry to school I won't stop the shooter from killing you not my problem, however I will get out the door and out of harms way, if the shoot gets in my way thats different. Most people I know with a CCW could careless if you die, I know I don't I care about number 1 ME.
You're just a soulless individual.
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"

Last edited by Death_Taco : 02-23-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Death_Taco is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 01:03 PM #117
Oconnore
mmm Frogs
 
Oconnore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Massachussets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
1) 11 US colleges and universities, including all public universities in Utah and Colorado State, allow licensed concealed carry on campus. In over 60 semesters (that's 30 school years), they have had: zero gun crimes, zero gun accidents, and zero gun thefts. Would those of you saying the campuses would turn into war zones care to explain why it hasn't happened at the 11 schools more awash in permitted gun owners than any others in the nation?
If anyone can refute this I will happily join the Brady campaign.
Otherwise, it is apparent that CC licenses, even on campus, are good.
Oconnore is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 07:23 PM #118
larry_wendel
What?
 
larry_wendel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
 has been a member for 10 years
If anyone is going to "go crazy and start gunning people down on campus" (as so many people seem to believe), they would do it no matter what the law says.

What is so hard about understanding the fact that criminals don't follow laws?

Its like putting a sign in front of a bank saying "It is against the law to rob us." It won't work. It doesn't work. And it will never work.
__________________
Kappa Sigma, OK, #3
larry_wendel is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 11:33 PM #119
dudeman_69_88 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
research "gun laws" before you post an ignorant post.



You're just a soulless individual.
I have a soul and if I have anything to do with it it isn't going away anytime soon. I'm sorry but I'm not living with killing anyone for you. Go get your CCW and protect YOURSELF. That's why I got mine, I don't ask you to shoot the guy jacking my truck so don't ask me to do it for you. I'm not atacking you or mad. I'm just saying I got my CCW for me not you.


(I'm drunk so please understand my grammer. No my Sig didn't come with me. I unloaded it and put it in the safe before I left home.)
dudeman_69_88 is offline  
Old 02-24-2008, 12:04 AM #120
larry_wendel
What?
 
larry_wendel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ||IcEs|| View Post
Has April Fools come early or is this thread serious?

How can you possibly think, more guns will equal nobody shooting the place up?

Lets delve deeper into this shall we?

A campus of 5,000 students and roughly 80 teachers.

60% of these people carry guns, the other 40% wants a gun, does not wish to have one or think it is stupid to have one.

Now lets take this 60% and get a true picture on what a normal person, with the power to kill, will do with a gun.

-**** around with it
-Threaten people with it
-Act all gangster
-Think how they will use it on someone
-How they hope to use it
-How they hope they won't have to use it

These are just a few.

Now, it has already been mentioned on the first page of this thread, "what if a fight broke out between two gun holders?".

Pretty much, one of these people WILL use their gun because they can claim self-defence or because they are just stupid and want to kill the other person.

He/she opens fire and injures/kills the person they were fighting and seriously injures or even kills a bystander.

So now thats two people in hospital because the theory is, more guns equals less crime!

YAY!

****ing stupid if you ask me but its what many people in this thread have stated.

Do you have any idea how dangerous and volatile a situation can be when a gun is involved?

Talk to any Police officer in any country and ask them what they have to do when a gun enters the equation, the **** hits the fan and you are in the **** from the get go.

Imagine SWAT storming a college campus only to find multiple suspects wielding guns, who have little to no training and have itchy trigegr fingers, someone is going to die even without the help of some nutjob shooting them.

Stupid, pathetic thread and unfortunately, typical replies from some.
Thats probably one of the dumbest posts I have seen in a looong time on here.

But seriously though, "act all gangster?"
What?!

Your overall failure is that you assume everyone is as dumb as yourself and would act in such an irrational manner in response to OMG GUNZ!
__________________
Kappa Sigma, OK, #3
larry_wendel is offline  
Old 02-24-2008, 01:50 AM #121
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile
 
SynTek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nation of Joe
SynTek is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
How many shootings happen each year on accident? I think adding more guns to an equation can equal more accidents, even the most trained person can have an AD(Accidental Discharge)
No. The most trained person never has an accidental discahrge. They have a NEGLIGENT discharge. Training removes the accidental part of that discharge.
__________________
You can't buy happiness. So steal it.
SynTek is offline  
Old 02-24-2008, 02:00 AM #122
JackSwitchBlade
Super Taranta
 
JackSwitchBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
All the pro CCL people have really good arguments and I agree with them, but why can't the opposition muster some decent points (for the most part)?
__________________
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
JackSwitchBlade is offline  
Old 02-24-2008, 04:01 AM #123
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I wouldn't trust a student with a gun.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is online now  
Old 02-24-2008, 04:06 AM #124
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I wouldn't trust a student with a gun.
Why not?
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline  
Old 02-24-2008, 04:06 AM #125
Drex17
Valar Morghulis
 
Drex17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ilium, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
What makes a 21 year old student any different than other 21 year olds to the point where you wouldn't trust them?
__________________
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline  
Old 02-24-2008, 04:10 AM #126
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I just don't think a school is a place for a gun. I wouldn't want guns in most public buildings.

I don't want 18 year old high school kids popping off rounds because they think their GF is cheating on them with johnny.


I am pro gun, pro concealed carry all that, but I don't think this is a very good idea.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump