Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:59 PM #64
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Like I've said before, it won't eliminate shootings, but if you could stop it at 3 instead of 30, would you?

and why not take LESS of a chance by allowing CCW holders, facts say they won't endanger your life, there won't be gunfughts in the dorms over disputes, and the can reduce crime.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2008, 01:01 PM #65
daniel6990
I like me.

I'm dissapointed every time I hear someone say that every person on the campus will have a gun if allowed to. Like others have already said, most public places allow it, but does EVERY singe human being there carry a concealed gun? No! If there's one responsible armed student in a classroom (which would likely be the case) the chances for shootings to get so out of control are much lower.

I also really appreciate the statistics posted earlier, CCW liscensed people are in most if not almost all cases very responsible. Anyway...no, if concealed carry was allowed on campuses, you would not have hundreds of foolish, ignorant kids running around packing, waiting to shoot people for reaching into their pocket.

"I had a parrot. The parrot talked, but it did not say "I'm hungry," so it died." - Mitch Hedberg

Church - "You know, if we kill some of them, we could all fit in that warthog..
Caboose - Yes! And if we kill enough of us, we could fit on a motorcycle!" - RVB
Old 02-22-2008, 01:05 PM #66
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
People don't ****ing realize that:

1. CCWs already exist; they're just not allowed to carry on campus.
2. The people who are shooting up schools don't really care about a CCW or gun laws.
3. This permits people who have been deemed responsible to carry their fire arm on campus. There will be just as many people carrying firearms on campus as there are when you go into a grocery store or mall - we'd just be better protected at school. Not everyone will have a 45 on their hip ready to fire with the drop of a hat.

I can carry my gun across the street perfectly legally; but if I cross the street and I'm on campus; that's illegal. Retarded.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:10 PM #67
Tre Thompson 3
Custom User Title

Im all for it.. let them take an extra class to refresh their memories on laws and let them have their gun

I would rather read in the news "school shooter starts shooting people when another student shoots him.. 3 injured 1 killed" then "school shooter goes on rampage.. 13 killed 20 wounded"
Old 02-22-2008, 01:11 PM #68
CALLmeSANCHEZ
MW

CALLmeSANCHEZ plays in the PSP
CALLmeSANCHEZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CALLmeSANCHEZ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i can actually see firearms being allowed on college campuses. if someone is gonna shoot up a school they are gonna do it regardless of whatever. now lets say they decide to shoot up a class where 6-7 other people are packin heat? the shooter isn't gonna be too successful.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 PM #69
wildfirepb

ALL YOU ****ING RETARDS NEED TO START READING WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT.

ITS NOT ABOUT EVERYONE IN SCHOOL HAVING GUNS, BEING PARANOID THAT THE PERSON NEXT TO YOU IS GONNA FLIP.

THE THREAD IS ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT OWNERS OF CONCEAL WEAPONS PERMITS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BRING THEM INTO A COLLEGE CLASS ROOM.

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IF THOSE CONCEALED WEAPONS OWNERS ARE OUTSIDE OF THE CLASS ROOM OR IN IT? NOTHING!.

stop being so retarded saying everyone is gonna snap and start shooting each other. these ccw owners already carry guns on the street and you dont notice at all. so why so much turmoil just because you allow them into a single room? College is no difference than the real world, it is simply just a building with a room, and a teacher.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:18 PM #70
#3MAR
Legendary?

#3MAR supports Team VICIOUS
#3MAR is for the Gunfight
LOL CALCULUS WITH AN AK

Old 02-22-2008, 01:19 PM #71
wildfirepb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
People don't ****ing realize that:

1. CCWs already exist; they're just not allowed to carry on campus.
2. The people who are shooting up schools don't really care about a CCW or gun laws.
3. This permits people who have been deemed responsible to carry their fire arm on campus. There will be just as many people carrying firearms on campus as there are when you go into a grocery store or mall - we'd just be better protected at school. Not everyone will have a 45 on their hip ready to fire with the drop of a hat.

I can carry my gun across the street perfectly legally; but if I cross the street and I'm on campus; that's illegal. Retarded.
QFT.

this is why pbnation is not the place to discuss this subject. cause of the large amount of 13 year olds who fail to actually read and comprehend a thread. They need to realize people already carry guns in public. The topic is solely allowing them onto a college campus. (which is no different from the general public)
Old 02-22-2008, 01:33 PM #72
SRH1337
Freedom Of Sp**ch

Yea, even if they allowed guns on campus, AND even if they had to take a mental evaluation test, and other tests doesn't mean that later on they wont do something stupid like killing someone for "stealing" their girl friend or killing a teacher that failed them. So in my opinion it never going to happen.

***** Slap That Sucka
Old 02-22-2008, 01:38 PM #73
Rejoice. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by green bean View Post
then why should anyone give a **** what your opinions is?
Disregarding the fact that I didn't post ANY of my personal opinions on the subject, I never said anyone had to "give a **** what my opinion is". Read the post you're commenting on next time, champ.

Also, my opinion is superior, that's why anyone would give a ****.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Like I've said before, it won't eliminate shootings, but if you could stop it at 3 instead of 30, would you?

and why not take LESS of a chance by allowing CCW holders, facts say they won't endanger your life, there won't be gunfughts in the dorms over disputes, and the can reduce crime.
For anyone searching desperately for some sense of safety, listen to this guy. The only thing CCW on campus (much like everywhere else) would do is minimize the damage done. Who's to say you're the not first sorry son of a ***** that gets shot?

Last edited by Rejoice. : 02-22-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:39 PM #74
wEskEr
AYO

wEskEr is playing at Living Legends V
wEskEr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wEskEr supports Team VICIOUS
wEskEr has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
wEskEr is Legendary
stay strapped
Old 02-22-2008, 01:41 PM #75
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRH1337 View Post
Yea, even if they allowed guns on campus, AND even if they had to take a mental evaluation test, and other tests doesn't mean that later on they wont do something stupid like killing someone for "stealing" their girl friend or killing a teacher that failed them. So in my opinion it never going to happen.
Statistics say they won't start shooting people.

Quote:
since Virginia passed a right-to-carry law more than 50,000 permits have been issued, but not one permit holder has been convicted of a crime and violent crime has dropped.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 02-22-2008, 01:43 PM #76
Anticipation
lawl

People are stupid. It would escalate shootings and stress in schools.

It's ridiculous to even mention the idea of it.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:44 PM #77
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

What's stupid is to make assumptions and not do some research.

What's stupid is that lives are lost because of ignorance merely because the uninformed masses are scared of a tool.

Last edited by Drex17 : 02-22-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:50 PM #78
Jebus Christ
Praise Jebus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALLmeSANCHEZ View Post
i think metal detectors should be put up at all schools before you allow students to carry guns.
Yeah you try screening the over 40,000 on my campus on a daily basis...

For the last time people need to understand that this is not for high schools. This is mainly for colleges. I am for it even though I am not of age(21) yet. I just want the people to be screened carefully(psych test and aiming test). I would **** a brick the day someone fired a gun at FSU due the number of students and the amount of damage that could be done within a few minutes. Thankfully we have a pretty quick response system but 2 minutes isn't fast enough.

"Originally posted by Ben-Oblivion : Jebus , You are full of win and flavr. I will never doubt your holyness again."

Vist my new tech Blog: www.brokemanstech.com
Old 02-22-2008, 01:54 PM #79
wgpjr

somebody actually asked me about this the other day for the school newspaper. they really messed up my quote (yeah, i made it to the paper) but basically I said that i would have no problem with armed guards carrying m16s in every building. I've been to Europe, they have much stricter police forces, even in the airports before 9/11. When I was a little kid in an airport in Italy, I saw guards everywhere carrying assault rifles, and I remember thinking that you NEVER saw a police officer that heavily armed in the U.S. I think it's a good idea though.

That might end badly with some drunk freshman on campus though. I've seen people **** with police and almost get beaten down because theyre just being drunk *******es, trying to make conversation with cops. A guard with an assault rifle would probably be even more brutal than a baltimore cop.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:00 PM #80
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
if its responsible people, sure. if a ******* wips out his gun to kill ppl, normal ppl kill him first. so i guess not a big problem. as said above, too lazy to quote, no weapons allowed does stop people from stopping killers.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 PM #81
im a machine gun (Banned)
1'm 4 j3rk!

I think this is a good idea. Realistically speaking I doubt it will ever happen, but I really do think it would make schools safer. It seems lately that any prick that wants to take their own life feels the need to go into classrooms to take others. At least now they wouldn't be able to take out more than one person.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:03 PM #82
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
question, why all of a sudden is this **** happening? seems like the right thread to ask. this **** happened once in a purple moon, and now its like every other week. wtf?

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM #83
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Because nutjobs are realizing that "gun free zones" are "easy defenseless target zones"
Old 02-22-2008, 02:09 PM #84
green bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejoice. View Post
Disregarding the fact that I didn't post ANY of my personal opinions on the subject, I never said anyone had to "give a **** what my opinion is". Read the post you're commenting on next time, champ.

Also, my opinion is superior, that's why anyone would give a ****.

Edit:

For anyone searching desperately for some sense of safety, listen to this guy. The only thing CCW on campus (much like everywhere else) would do is minimize the damage done. Who's to say you're the not first sorry son of a ***** that gets shot?

I read you post "champ". It all looked like opinion to me. Your opinion is superior? Give me a ****ing break.

RHPB
Closed Thread