PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:07 PM #295
Pnuemagger
OVER THE LINE!

I personally like the double barrel derringers (sp?).

My buddy has one that can shoot .410 and it has the largest spread I've ever seen.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2008, 03:02 PM #296
drunkkoala (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnuemagger View Post
I personally like the double barrel derringers (sp?).

My buddy has one that can shoot .410 and it has the largest spread I've ever seen.
qft, they have a .410 revolver out too...only problem is choosing your shot correctly for the right job...a big bubble jacket is basically a vest with birdshot from a 410.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:05 PM #297
XSVFAN890
Back from the dead!

XSVFAN890 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I would say students shouldn't be allowed...At that age, people STILL act highly on impulse, instead of thinking about the issue...think about it...let's say a guy is goin out with some chick, and finds that she is cheating...one party with alcohol later, you have a homicide charge and a really bad hangover...

Last edited by XSVFAN890 : Tomorrow at 12:67 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:10 PM #298
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You have to be 21 to get a CCW permit in most states. If you're not mature enough by then to handle carrying a firearm, it's probably never going to happen.
ďA strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-10-2008, 03:18 PM #299
RegamircS042
gkg

How about an armed class or hall marshal? Similar to an air marshal found on all airliners, if a student tries to harm other students, this trained individual would provide certain measures to stop such an attack. Separate from campus police, this person would dress and act much like a student but would be trained to handle firearms maturely and orderly.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:29 PM #300
XSVFAN890
Back from the dead!

XSVFAN890 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just ge ta group of Ninjas

I mean, that COULD work, but it would probably be a waste of money...best solution IMO is train the campus police

...and if he really wanted to act like a student, he would prob. sleep thru an event. haha

Last edited by XSVFAN890 : Tomorrow at 12:67 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:31 PM #301
drunkkoala (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegamircS042 View Post
How about an armed class or hall marshal? Similar to an air marshal found on all airliners, if a student tries to harm other students, this trained individual would provide certain measures to stop such an attack. Separate from campus police, this person would dress and act much like a student but would be trained to handle firearms maturely and orderly.
and we should make dookie patrol too, spraying Oust whenever needed, they could be where ever you needed them to, like a seal team.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:40 PM #302
bnctaj

People who have CCW permits are trained to handle their weapons properly and efficiently in most cases. That said it's my personal belief that as a part of the US militia all able bodied males over 18 should know the basics of firearm handling, but that's another thread.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:21 PM #303
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVFAN890 View Post
I would say students shouldn't be allowed...At that age, people STILL act highly on impulse, instead of thinking about the issue...think about it...let's say a guy is goin out with some chick, and finds that she is cheating...one party with alcohol later, you have a homicide charge and a really bad hangover...
As if there are no girlfriends or parties off-campus...

The only people allowed to carry would be the ones who already have their CCW permit, and carry everywhere else in public.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:25 PM #304
Pnuemagger
OVER THE LINE!

IF PEOPLE ARE ALREADY QUALIFIED, EDUCATED, AND RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO CARRY THIER WEAPONS OFF OF CAMPUS GROUNDS AND OUTSIDE CLASS WITHOUT SHOOTING EVERYONE... WHY IS BEING ON CAMPUS AND IN CLASS DIFFERENT?
ARE COLLEGES MAGICAL PLACES WHERE WE BECOME IRRATIONAL MANIACS?
WOULD I NOT BE THE SAME PERSON I WAS WHILST OFF CAMPUS CARRYING?
DOES BEING OFF CAMPUS MAKE ME A MORE RESPONSIBLE PERSON?

The issue is that for some reason... those in power think I should not be allowed to carry my weapon on campus when I (and many others) already carry weapons responsibly off campus
somebody either:
a) Explain this logic to me
b) Agree that gun-free campuses are not a good idea
c) GTFO
Old 03-10-2008, 06:15 PM #305
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVFAN890 View Post
I know plenty of people that age who are responsible gun owners, and a good chunk that are CCW holders to boot.

Not everyone is a drunken frat boy.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 03-10-2008, 06:17 PM #306
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

If anyone post in this thread, past this point, they are an idiot!

/please end very dumb thread-
Old 03-10-2008, 07:02 PM #307
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
Do they now? For the most part no, as the law does not permit them to.
Not true. Nearly 4,000 illegal weapons arrests every year on US campuses. Lots of people bring their guns to campus. You don't hear about it because they don't end up committing murders, but many people illegally bring guns to campuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
If you plan on unloading multiple shots into the air in a public domain then you shouldn't be carrying around a firearm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
An X26 can fire up to 35 feet for law enforcement models and up to 15 feet for civilian use. In a public domain where your goal is to incapacitate a threat without injuring innocents, that's more than enough distance. [...]

You can't fire off 5 rounds in a second like a pistol, but once again if you plan on using your concealed weapon in such a manner then you have no right to carry one.
Spoken like someone who has never, ever, in his whole life, been trained how to use a defensive firearm.

1) Do you really know what 15 feet looks like? Measure it out and look. Then go to just about any college lecture hall, and you'll realize what a joke it is to recommend a weapon with 15 foot range. If you're sitting in back and he's up front, you're all dead. If you're sitting up front and he's in back, you're all dead. You might as well bring a knife, because a 15-foot taser is an asinine thing to bring to a gunfight.

2) No one, not even highly-trained SWAT teams, trains to take bad guys down with one shot. You keep shooting until the threat is neutralized. That doesn't mean you fire one round, wait to see if he goes down, and then consider firing again. You shoot bang-bang-bang-bang into his center of mass until he goes down. Claiming that no one should carry a gun if they plan on firing more than one shot is one of the stupidest things I've read in this whole thread. Do you think we should limit all guns to hold 1 bullet? Do you think a gun with 12 bullets could be used to win a gunfight against 12 armed people?

Tell a cop your ideas about defensive gun use, and let me know how long it takes him to stop laughing in your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
If anyone post in this thread, past this point, they are an idiot!

/please end very dumb thread-
I guess since you said so, we should obey.

CQ
Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM #308
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

No, we should act rational and realize...

...O'I posted-
Old 03-10-2008, 08:31 PM #309
turdfurgason
You stay classy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Spoken like someone who has never, ever, in his whole life, been trained how to use a defensive firearm.

1) Do you really know what 15 feet looks like? Measure it out and look. Then go to just about any college lecture hall, and you'll realize what a joke it is to recommend a weapon with 15 foot range. If you're sitting in back and he's up front, you're all dead. If you're sitting up front and he's in back, you're all dead. You might as well bring a knife, because a 15-foot taser is an asinine thing to bring to a gunfight.

2) No one, not even highly-trained SWAT teams, trains to take bad guys down with one shot. You keep shooting until the threat is neutralized. That doesn't mean you fire one round, wait to see if he goes down, and then consider firing again. You shoot bang-bang-bang-bang into his center of mass until he goes down. Claiming that no one should carry a gun if they plan on firing more than one shot is one of the stupidest things I've read in this whole thread. Do you think we should limit all guns to hold 1 bullet? Do you think a gun with 12 bullets could be used to win a gunfight against 12 armed people?
great point, not to mention the fact that unless you are John Wayne i just don't think you will have the nerve to take a well aimed shot at someone. when you get into that kind of situation there is only one person that has the nerve to stand there and shoot at someone, and it won't be the person carring conceled.......

almost forgot if we have to carry just one bullet you might as well be a Deputy in Mayberry.......
Old 03-10-2008, 08:49 PM #310
drunkkoala (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdfurgason View Post
great point, not to mention the fact that unless you are John Wayne i just don't think you will have the nerve to take a well aimed shot at someone. when you get into that kind of situation there is only one person that has the nerve to stand there and shoot at someone, and it won't be the person carring conceled.......

almost forgot if we have to carry just one bullet you might as well be a Deputy in Mayberry.......
dude im sorry, but if someone pulls a gun at is acting in a threatening manner, im going to shoot him.

how would i have the nerve you say?

im a bastard who values my life.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:50 PM #311
TwoKaySix (Banned)
A dying Breed...

Uh, aren't you technically MORE likely to shoot somebody if you have easy access to a gun, regardless of how you got that access?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:53 PM #312
drunkkoala (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKaySix View Post
Uh, aren't you technically MORE likely to shoot somebody if you have easy access to a gun, regardless of how you got that access?

im more likely to run into a crowd full of people with my car just becuase ive got my drivers license???
Old 03-10-2008, 08:57 PM #313
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKaySix View Post
You are not more likely to murder someone, but if you have access to a gun, you'll use that to murder instead of a knife or bat, since it's easier and more efficient.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 PM #314
turdfurgason
You stay classy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkkoala View Post
dude im sorry, but if someone pulls a gun at is acting in a threatening manner, im going to shoot him.

how would i have the nerve you say?

im a bastard who values my life.
i got a 5 dollar bill that says you would duck and run......people who say that kinda of crap are usually tring to act tough, but when the SHTF they do like everyone else run for cover......you remind me of my CO right before we did the invasion into Iraq. all piss and vinegar until that first scud alarm went off, and was running faster than every one to the bunker where we saw him cry....
Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 PM #315
drunkkoala (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdfurgason View Post
i got a 5 dollar bill that says you would duck and run......people who say that kinda of crap are usually tring to act tough, but when the SHTF they do like everyone else run for cover......you remind me of my CO right before we did the invasion into Iraq. all piss and vinegar until that first scud alarm went off, and was running faster than every one to the bunker where we saw him cry....
well, when the time comes i want my 5 dollars. I dont know how long it will be, but you better ****ing believe i will draw and hammer down on his ***.

only time i would duck and run is if both the mags failed, and i needed to run back to my car to get another one.

would i want to kill him ? no. would i kill him? yes.

edit: its the reason why i practice at 0-25 yards every weekend.
Closed Thread