PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 PM #1
first out

has been a member for 10 years
2k7 Universal Chaos help please.

Hello ICD users. I'm trying to hook up a 2k7 Universal Chaos board with DM eyes and it goes directly into auto eye bypass mode. I can reset the eyes when holding trigger for four seconds, but next pull auto-bypasses again. Basically, the eyes have power but are not working/preventing a shot. The emitter looks faint to me compared to the indicator LED. Any ideas?

I have two black wires from the eyes and the one blue wire from the board harness connected to one prong from the trigger switch as described on a diagram found on icd-owners.com
The site is not loading for me right now for a direct link.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2007, 02:20 PM #2
Master Queef

Post 2k7 Universal Chaos help please

Yeah, I know, its my first PBN post, but I'm not a noob, and I'm taking electronic engineering courses at school, so I have an idea of what I'm talking about.

It seems that the emitter is not receiving enough voltage. This can be caused by many issues:

-Incompatibility with the eyes: Your board may not be spitting enough power out to the eyes, ergo it is not getting enough in return, when it shines on the receiver.

- 9v vs 9.6v: Are you using a 9v battery instead of a 9.6v that the majority of the market boards are designed to run on? The manufacturers designed the board so that it would be very energy efficient, and even a fraction of a volt could make the difference for a transistor to trip or the code for the PSP/NXL/whatever mode being loaded from the very basic memory modules on board.

-Used board: Has the board been used? a bad resistor/capacitor/memory module could be a result. Even a slight change in the resistance or capacitance can have a drastic effect on the behavior on the board. If too much/too little power is given to a certain part of the board for a long enough amount of time, components start smoking.

I might be able to better see what the issue is if you post some pics. Hope i could be of some help.
Master Queef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:41 AM #3
SilentDeath12886
Trigger happy

SilentDeath12886 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The 98c backup http://www.a5og.net/showthread.php?t=5893
SilentDeath12886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:21 PM #4
first out

has been a member for 10 years
Oh, forgot to update this.
I found that the diagram I found on line had the emitter and receiver backwards. Didn't figure that was the case since everything else worked according to the diagram.

All is good now. Thanks for the ideas though.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is offline   Reply With Quote