PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2008, 08:48 PM #22
Dmashley
KRYPTONITE PAINTBALL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ol0st View Post
I understand that but where are they going to get the money to give to the xball teams?
also those prices don't include ID's and Paint Sells.
- I know most who play xball also play 5 man events usually.

But then think of paying the refs and things of that nature.

but i understand that xball players want more because it cost more to play but you also have to have more teams so prizes can be greater.

Also will prize payouts change per event being based on how many teams play?(have yet to see a post with all the prizes and winnings for each division and xball or 5man)

It has been said many times. The generous paints sponsers provided the money for cash prizes. The entry fees and number of teams in each format has nothing to do with it. I too agree that this payout thing seems to be way off. Im like Charles, We will play both formats reguardless, I look froward to Xball 2.
See you there
Looking for an ego.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2992714
Dmashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2008, 09:24 PM #23
pfnpb2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Paintballer View Post
X-ball
25 D3 teams @ $1100-$27500
6 D2 teams @ $1200-$7200
=$34700

5-man
40 D5 teams @ $300-$12000
33 D4 teams @ $400-$13200
24 D2 teams @ $500-$12000
=$37200
So wait, you want to give out more money to the division that gets less money in entry fees?

That's PERFECTLY logical

Simple enough, more teams = harder to win = more deserving of a payout
pfnpb2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:27 PM #24
Nice Paintballer

Nice Paintballer is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfnpb2x View Post
So wait, you want to give out more money to the division that gets less money in entry fees?

That's PERFECTLY logical

Lets look at any major sport. Football, baseball, soccer, hockey, etc. Each one of these you get paid more the higher up you play. Even though most of the teams are in the lower classes, meaning not professional. Yet, the professionals make tons more.

Generally speaking, the higher the division=better the skill=more competition=better payout for wins. ie. the NFL, MLB, MLS, Champions League, NHL.

Last edited by Nice Paintballer : 02-25-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Nice Paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:41 PM #25
Atmosfearballer
Ready to Grind

Atmosfearballer plays in the PSP
Atmosfearballer donated to help Peyton Trent
Atmosfearballer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfnpb2x View Post
That is the most rediculous thing I ever heard! I would much rather play 30 rookie teams than the top 3 D2 teams.

You have NO IDEA what "Harder to Win" means or who would be deserving what payout. If you would play anything above rookie, you would be able to have say in here, but until then, your words in here have ZERO credibility.
HATE Squad 2012, 2013, 2014
Atmosfearballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:04 AM #26
kdw
.eww how does that taste.

i say mix the d3 and d2 xball teams and see how the d3's like the

more teams = harder to win = more deserving of a payout idea
kdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 AM #27
Atmosfearballer
Ready to Grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdw View Post

D2.5 Xball?

Not quite D2 and not quite D3. I like that!

Then you have roughly $8000 to disperse to 3 teams. 1st $4000, 2nd $2500, 3rd $1500. Or payout to 4th like 1st $3500, 2nd $2000, 3rd $1500, 4th $1000

Good idea Kinly. I don't think I ever heard anything logical from you before this.

What do ya say Larry???
Old 02-26-2008, 10:54 AM #28
Nice Paintballer

Haha, I agree Charles. That is probably the most intelligent thing I've ever heard Kinly say. I definitely think the CFOA made a great decision with cash payouts. I just think they should be rethought.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:02 AM #29
JoshPB2X
Capture the Impact!

JoshPB2X is a Paintball photographer
JoshPB2X donated to help Peyton Trent
JoshPB2X is playing at Living Legends VI
How about this instead? We go back to gift certificates that will take 3-5 months to redeem, for well under their retail value.

Some players complained about prizes so we gave you more prizes, to the point that we couldn't fit them all in two trailers, Larry's garage, my truck and a warehouse. That didn't work so I started with gift certificates from our generous sponsors instead. Then some of you guys complained about not being able to get your certificates redeemed in a timely fashion, and started selling your prizes to make the money you need to play more paintball. So we decided heck with that and just gave you the cash you wanted and needed instead. Now some of you complain about that.

When did paintball stop being about playing paintball and start being about the prizes? I want to reward the teams that place and win in our divisions as best as I can and am doing so thanks to our amazing sponsors, but come on: playing regional, divisional paintball and expecting to make money is a flawed business model on many levels.

Bottom line is that we're going to reward our valued customers the best we can, with what they need the most to keep playing; cash. Are we perfect in how we're doing that? Probably not, considering it's our "first time" (insert whatever jokes you care to). We're constantly going to try to make this better for everyone, but most everyone I spoke with was perfectly happy and in some cases overjoyed with what they won. So to those unhappy with what they won, it's real simple: play better, move up, win more. But beware; those costs are higher up there. So if you're playing this game to make money, you might need to reexamine your business plan.

Thanks to all the teams that played CFOA XBall 1 and the Dirty South Open. A very humble thanks to our Platinum Sponsors: KEE Action Sports, DXS and Dye Precision, to our Gold sponsors NXe, Spyder, Planet Eclipse, Smart Parts, XO and Severe and to our vendors, Paintball Central, DerDer, Planet Eclipse and Paintball Kingdom. See everyone at the next one, where we'll write even more checks to the winners.
Josh
Tippmann Sports
VForce Vision Systems
http://www.GISportz.com
http://www.tippmann.com
JoshPB2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:02 AM #30
John2003deere
ALL DAY !

We Won First In D5 5man And It Payed 500 $$ + Half Off Entry To Cup

{ríp.яívεяα}! You will forever be missed my brother ....
John2003deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:16 AM #31
skunk_13_2005
Cross Creek Paintball

skunk_13_2005 supports Team VICIOUS
skunk_13_2005 supports Pev's Paintball
skunk_13_2005 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
skunk_13_2005 is attending Decay of Nations VI
skunk_13_2005 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdw View Post

??? Why don't we just make one division for 5-man too and just allow all players D1 and below to play??? Are you serious???
skunk_13_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:29 AM #32
kdw
.eww how does that taste.

really do u think i am
kdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:40 AM #33
Nice Paintballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshPB2X View Post
How about this instead? We go back to gift certificates that will take 3-5 months to redeem, for well under their retail value.

Some players complained about prizes so we gave you more prizes, to the point that we couldn't fit them all in two trailers, Larry's garage, my truck and a warehouse. That didn't work so I started with gift certificates from our generous sponsors instead. Then some of you guys complained about not being able to get your certificates redeemed in a timely fashion, and started selling your prizes to make the money you need to play more paintball. So we decided heck with that and just gave you the cash you wanted and needed instead. Now some of you complain about that.

When did paintball stop being about playing paintball and start being about the prizes? I want to reward the teams that place and win in our divisions as best as I can and am doing so thanks to our amazing sponsors, but come on: playing regional, divisional paintball and expecting to make money is a flawed business model on many levels.

Bottom line is that we're going to reward our valued customers the best we can, with what they need the most to keep playing; cash. Are we perfect in how we're doing that? Probably not, considering it's our "first time" (insert whatever jokes you care to). We're constantly going to try to make this better for everyone, but most everyone I spoke with was perfectly happy and in some cases overjoyed with what they won. So to those unhappy with what they won, it's real simple: play better, move up, win more. But beware; those costs are higher up there. So if you're playing this game to make money, you might need to reexamine your business plan.

Thanks to all the teams that played CFOA XBall 1 and the Dirty South Open. A very humble thanks to our Platinum Sponsors: KEE Action Sports, DXS and Dye Precision, to our Gold sponsors NXe, Spyder, Planet Eclipse, Smart Parts, XO and Severe and to our vendors, Paintball Central, DerDer, Planet Eclipse and Paintball Kingdom. See everyone at the next one, where we'll write even more checks to the winners.
Josh
I agree completely Josh, I think the cash payout idea was a great move for the CFOA. It is much easier to deal with and I think I can speak for all the players in the CFOA as to it being much easier to deal with. It is definitely not all about making money, just proportional distribution to winners in lieu of their division.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:14 PM #34
PBJunkie1

I agree as well with Josh. Want more, than step up to the plate and play with the better players. Its how "life" in general works. These guys paid their dues so to speak and are ranked higher because of it. Its just like baseball. Kid plays A, double A, Triple A, then makes it to the big leagues and gets paid the big bucks. I know poor analogy, but still the higher divisions deserve more in my opinion. You guys playing D5, yeah there are a bunch of teams and you get less of the prize pool, but next year and the year after it will change if you remain competitive. Be happy that the CFOA adopted this new prize policy. Compared to years past, I would much rather take what is given out now then what was offered in the past. I still like the idea of paint as a prize though. Can always use paint.
PBJunkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:21 PM #35
rlnxt

you can always use cash too
rlnxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:53 PM #36
JCKid

JCKid plays in the PSP
JCKid plays in the MiLP
JCKid is All In
JCKid is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshPB2X View Post

Josh
Well said Josh! I appreciate the efforts The CFOA has made in association with sponsors to provide a cash payout!

Once again you are cruizing the internet the get feedback on how to better serve the customers of the CFOA. I know you and Larry will use this info to continue to "tweak" on the CFOA to better serve the players! Some things we will see and some we won't. But regardless, we will always find something to *itch about. That seems to be the nature of "tournament players".... myself included sometimes. Just know that the number of teams participating is a direct reflection on how well ya'll are doing running THE CFOA!!

Thanks for all that You, Larry and staff do to promote our sport!!!

EMPIRE All In

Boogie Fan #15

UK Reffs Fan Forever
JCKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:00 PM #37
skunk_13_2005
Cross Creek Paintball

skunk_13_2005 supports Team VICIOUS
skunk_13_2005 supports Pev's Paintball
skunk_13_2005 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
skunk_13_2005 is attending Decay of Nations VI
skunk_13_2005 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKid View Post
Well said Josh! I appreciate the efforts The CFOA has made in association with sponsors to provide a cash payout!

Once again you are cruizing the internet the get feedback on how to better serve the customers of the CFOA. I know you and Larry will use this info to continue to "tweak" on the CFOA to better serve the players! Some things we will see and some we won't. But regardless, we will always find something to *itch about. That seems to be the nature of "tournament players".... myself included sometimes. Just know that the number of teams participating is a direct reflection on how well ya'll are doing running THE CFOA!!

Thanks for all that You, Larry and staff do to promote our sport!!!
I couldn't agree more...
skunk_13_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:07 PM #38
bgoldinger
Carolina On My Mind!

bgoldinger plays in the PSP
bgoldinger supports Team VICIOUS
LOL, Nice one Josh! Just goes to show people complain about way too much... even when they have it good. Just note the people who complained and give them certificates only. Cash rules!
Matt Sossoman (Team Vicious) Official Fan Club Member #2
bgoldinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:12 PM #39
Nice Paintballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoldinger View Post
LOL, Nice one Josh! Just goes to show people complain about way too much... even when they have it good. Just note the people who complained and give them certificates only. Cash rules!
I really don't take it as complaining, more suggesting.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:38 PM #40
Atmosfearballer
Ready to Grind

Cash rules when it is split up proportionally.

My opinion is that the lower division teams are getting way too much and the upper division teams not nearly enough.

Of course the D4 and D3 5-man guys are happy! The winners in those divisions and formats are coming out ahead, while the Xball players are not even remotely close to breaking even after putting it all on the line to win.

The cash dispersements make no sense at all. If you play, or have played both, you would understand.

Call it *****ing if you must, but the only way to affect change is to voice ones opinion.

Josh said it best himself: If you want more money, play harder and bump up! But where is the money in the upper divisions? We are already there and don't see it. There is no incentive at all. All I see is less ROI. There is no business plan here for teams to adhere to. This is simple logics and how things "should" work and how one would assume the process works.

We, as teams (I use this loosely), don't expect a windfall when playing a tournament, just an even distribution based on divisions, of the total prize money available. This evidently did not happen here and I am somewhat disappointed.

For those who are reading this: The statements I make in this thread are my opinion, and mine alone. I am in no way speaking on behalf of my team Dark Carnival, but rather myself and my own opinion. I have always and continue to use proper decorum when addressing individuals and representatives of teams and the CFOA Staff.

Last edited by Atmosfearballer : 02-26-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:43 PM #41
Toxin01

Toxin01 donated to help Peyton Trent
Blackout in D3 5man was happy with their prize.
Toxin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:06 PM #42
h2ol0st
Lost FTMFW!

I think everyone is happy with cash as there prizes there is no question about that, its just some are wondering why xball does not get as good of a return as 5 man.

Side note say you win 2 events does that mean you can have cup paid for?
- or you somehow win 1/2 off cup twice this season... is that a fully paid entry to cup?
h2ol0st is offline   Reply With Quote