PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-19-2008, 05:40 PM #1
jbench775
FREE AGENT!!

need help buying a wakeboard.

hello, i would like to buy a wake board but i have no idea what i am doing. no1 talk about my grammar btw. also, im 6"4 and have size 15-16 feet. so where do i buy a wake board my size, what should i look for and do they make them that big? if it matters im pretty beginner and have 500~ to spend.
edit; im using it on the ocean with a jet ski and i weight 235~
would it work with a jet ski?

Last edited by jbench775 : 02-19-2008 at 05:42 PM.
jbench775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 AM #2
DyeNVSballr52

Yea it will work but unless u are going to be riding the waves...you wont have a very good wake form the jet ski. Tho get either a hyper lite or liquid force. im going to recommend getting a wake skate. You tube it if you don't know what it is. But over all good luck bro
ebay feedback +
PayPayl+
DyeNVSballr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:12 PM #3
NotAnotherBrick
Since 2002

you can ride a wakeboard behind a Jet ski..but it kind of takes away from it unless you are hitting rails. A wakeskate would be better if you are only riding behind a jet ski because you can do kick flips and wake grinds and such to occupy your time. If you still want to buy just a wakeboard though, I would go with Liquid Force or Ronix. Just find the biggest board they make and you should be golden.
NotAnotherBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:04 PM #4
pred34

Go to wakeside.com if you want to buy a board online. They have some amazing deals.
pred34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:16 PM #5
jbench775
FREE AGENT!!

kk thanx. i just take the biggest board? so like 44 wide and 148 long??
edit: should i get a foam, honeycomb or carbon. im ridig in the ocean so i think i should get foam but thats just wat i read. i appreciate the help. thanx alot/
edit 2: im size 16 r u guys sure the bindings will fit?

Last edited by jbench775 : 02-24-2008 at 05:22 PM.
jbench775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:19 AM #6
LFRyder
Without love, we perish

Aight There are a bunch of factors as to what to buy. I currently ride Liquid Force and I am sponsored by Liquid Force so that is what i would recommend simply because those are the boards i get to ride. As for what you want to spend. If you are going with 500 and you want to get the best board combo for you....I would go with a 142-146 LF Trip with the biggest LF ultra boots you can find...probably a 2X. These are 500 seperate but I am guessing you could get a better combination price at like overtons.com, or places like that (I worked at overtons too). The Trip is a continuous rocker meaning that the bottom is a continuous curve and it will give you a lot of consistency in your jumping (pop) off the wake and the small cupped molded in fins allow you to ride the board loose when not on edge but cut hard when you want. Pretty forgiving as well. You can buy many different boards though...Hyperlite, Ronix, Gator, O'brien...they all offer good boards. PM me with any questions though and good luck

Here is a good board for a good price today. This website is legit. I have ordered a bunch of stuff

http://boardersbestbuy.com/

Last edited by LFRyder : 03-11-2008 at 09:23 AM.
LFRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 PM #7
wakeboardr886

I've been pulled by a seadoo before, not the best time.