PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2008, 01:51 PM #22
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

has been a member for 10 years
In NYC yesterday there was hundreds of cars with Albanian flags riding around with people hanging out and honking all morning.

I mean its great they got their own country and all but why did they have to give everyone massive headaches

Slowly getting back into paintball...
IanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2008, 01:57 PM #23
Jim96SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanR View Post
In NYC yesterday there was hundreds of cars with Albanian flags riding around with people hanging out and honking all morning.

I mean its great they got their own country and all but why did they have to give everyone massive headaches
Cause their european.. nododgy
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:02 PM #24
SuperSupra619 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
This time, in order not to piss off muslims, when the christians start that whole genocide thing again we'll just look the other way. Don't want to upset any mullahs and get any more fatwas on our heads.
stfu and get out of here trying to instigate things you prick
SuperSupra619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:18 PM #25
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
This time, in order not to piss off muslims, when the christians start that whole genocide thing again we'll just look the other way. Don't want to upset any mullahs and get any more fatwas on our heads.
Don't you see that this is the kind of **** that brings about 911s? Its not that we give women equal treatment in the workplace or that we have a bill of rights we claim to uphold, its stepping in trying to be the good guys while pissing off a lot of determined extremists.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:01 PM #26
Danegerous
is dangerous

Danegerous helped look for balloons
My dad commanded the uav predator squadron that was looking for genocide leaders in kosovo/bosnia a while ago.He thinks that the situation may deteriorate into another example of genocide on a limited scale.

I think Russia is pretty interested, because some rebel leaders in russian-dominated regions are saying that they plan to announce independence soon, depending on the outcome of Kosovo's bid for freedom. He wants to nip the revolutions in the bud before they can begin, so I can see why he would be interested in this.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:36 PM #27
||IcEs||
kek

Commie bastards Russia and China crying over it.

I see the next few years with them seeking to gain control of the satelite countires that were once part of the Soviet Union.
||IcEs|| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:41 PM #28
Jim96SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Don't you see that this is the kind of **** that brings about 911s? Its not that we give women equal treatment in the workplace or that we have a bill of rights we claim to uphold, its stepping in trying to be the good guys while pissing off a lot of determined extremists.
Exactly why I say we leave it alone. We'll be completely neutral in these events. Only when the genocides start again we'll leave it to the UN etc to solve the problem. Look how well they did in Darfur. This way wedon'tpiss off anyone and we can sit around and watch on CNN whats going on in the world without having our troops over there. Thats what everyone wants, right?

[QUOTESuperSupra619]stfu and get out of here trying to instigate things you prick[/quote]

We'll see in 6mo-1 year if I was right. Since that area hasn't gotten along for a decade or two I'm willing to place odds on war.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:05 PM #29
kargo
Careful, I bruise easily.

Kosovo will ALWAYS belong to Serbia and the Slavic land. The Albanians and thier "independence" will not last. What Kosovo has done is unlawful and infringes UN resolution 1244. Yet the USA still seems to "support" Kosovo. I think the USA and the rest of Kosovos "supporters" have made a very poor decesion and should really read up on the international laws they have created to prevent such things.
kargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:08 PM #30
Danegerous
is dangerous

Danegerous helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by kargo View Post
Kosovo will ALWAYS belong to Serbia and the Slavic land. The Albanians and thier "independence" will not last. What Kosovo has done is unlawful and infringes UN resolution 1244. Yet the USA still seems to "support" Kosovo. I think the USA and the rest of Kosovos "supporters" have made a very poor decesion and should really read up on the international laws they have created to prevent such things.
So what do you think about the whole american revolution thing? Who is the world to a state if it's right to declare itself sovereign and to rule itself?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:09 PM #31
idesofmarch315
PirateoftheSiliconValley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR55 View Post
My prediction is that the Russian Army will get there fast, and then they'll take it slow. That's where they want to go. Down to Kosovo.
this post deserves far more appreciation than it recieved

Last edited by idesofmarch315 : 02-18-2008 at 11:16 PM.
idesofmarch315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:11 PM #32
Legumeofterror (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idesofmarch315 View Post
this post deserves far more appreciation than it deserves
it does what now?
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:28 PM #33
kargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danegerous View Post
So what do you think about the whole american revolution thing? Who is the world to a state if it's right to declare itself sovereign and to rule itself?

The American revoultion was at a time when there were no organizations such as NATO or the United Nations. There was not that much about international law or any kind of politics related to foreign affairs.

The thing I think most people are missing is that Kosovo is/was (depending on your views) part of Serbia. You cant just go and declare yourself "free and independent" and expect people to accept it while the rest of the country and some people in Kosovo totally disagree. Especially when your breaking or severely bending international laws.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:15 PM #34
idesofmarch315
PirateoftheSiliconValley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legumeofterror View Post
it does what now?
hahahaha my brain appears to be getting all jumbled up
Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 PM #35
Legumeofterror (Banned)

Quote:
The American revoultion was at a time when there were no organizations such as NATO or the United Nations. There was not that much about international law or any kind of politics related to foreign affairs.

The thing I think most people are missing is that Kosovo is/was (depending on your views) part of Serbia. You cant just go and declare yourself "free and independent" and expect people to accept it while the rest of the country and some people in Kosovo totally disagree. Especially when your breaking or severely bending international laws.
they can do whatever they want. the UN can say whatever they feel like, but they cant tell the people in kosovo what to do. they want to succeed, they will and will probably fight for it.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:22 AM #36
kargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legumeofterror View Post
they can do whatever they want. the UN can say whatever they feel like, but they cant tell the people in kosovo what to do. they want to succeed, they will and will probably fight for it.
Um, its not that easy. If it was that easy I guarantee you the Serbian army would have crushed out every separatist in Kosovo. Why do you think Serbia and the rest of the UN are holding meetings? Serbia, Russia and the rest of the countires that oppose this are first trying to sort this out in a calm propper political way.

You just cant do whatever you want in this day and age.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:32 AM #37
Legumeofterror (Banned)

the UN isnt going to do ahything to kosovo.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:42 AM #38
kargo

And How do you know the UN wont do anything? I'm sure you cant speak for all of those countries.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:41 AM #39
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
And How do you know the UN wont do anything? I'm sure you cant speak for all of those countries.
This is why in my opinion:

Out of 15 members of the UN Security Council

8 Nations already, or are in to process of, recognizing the independence of Kosovo.

4 Nations have not decided yet

3 Object to the declaration made by Kosovo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
I wonder how violent this thing is going to get.

small incidents? yea that'll happen. Major military actions against Kosovo? I think the 15,000 soldiers that are part of KFOR would have something to say about that.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 02-19-2008 at 05:13 AM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:53 PM #40
Gagarin II

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSimmons View Post
Kosovo now...

Chechnya next?
we can only hope, then Darfur!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:33 PM #41
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Quote:

Yes you can!

I'm Independant of you and this govenment! Now what?

However, I'll keep paying taxes so that the infanstructure has my monies atleast to help maintain stability!

In that sense, seems my goverment is dependant on me, so I don't even need to declare my Independants!
From a government that is!

A willing to live blindly under a Organization of governments is the same as a World Government. "No one" has to listen to dictation if they don't feel it's necessary or worth it.

Last edited by PDXMark : 02-19-2008 at 03:39 PM.
PDXMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:52 PM #42
Legumeofterror (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
This is why in my opinion:

Out of 15 members of the UN Security Council

8 Nations already, or are in to process of, recognizing the independence of Kosovo.

4 Nations have not decided yet

3 Object to the declaration made by Kosovo
exactly, most of them are on kosovos side. plus, it would look very bad to suppress a peoples bid for independence. when was the last time the UN actually DID something anyway?