Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2008, 12:23 PM #1
caraboose (Banned)

good nitro/gas planes

ok so i have the ammount of 200$ (from selling my old gun to my dad) and i want a nitro or gas plane, if u could gime a link that would be great

links to the planes that would be goood for a beginner, and that look cool for 200 or under, or truck for offroading

Last edited by caraboose : 02-17-2008 at 01:38 PM.
caraboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2008, 12:29 PM #2
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Nitro, or gas? There's a difference.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Supra_MKIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:32 PM #3
caraboose (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
Nitro, or gas? There's a difference.
what evers cheaper
Old 02-17-2008, 10:43 PM #4
chase4556
Please Excuse my spelling

has been a member for 10 years
he wants glow. your not going gasoline for your first plane.

if this is your first plane, do not go glow. Get a small electric. I recommend the hobbyzone super cub. We sell them at our place, and they are GREAT to teach yourself how to fly. For the first flight or two, use the ACT, after that, turn it off, it really hinders the flight characteristics.

Stick to electric for the first two planes. On your second, get a high wing again, but add in ailerons. Then your ready for glow, but go to a local field, and get someone there to buddy box with you. All fields are more than willing to help, especially if your interested in joining their club.

10-2-2006: Live Water Hole in Africa
chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:46 PM #5
caraboose (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase4556 View Post
he wants glow. your not going gasoline for your first plane.

if this is your first plane, do not go glow. Get a small electric. I recommend the hobbyzone super cub. We sell them at our place, and they are GREAT to teach yourself how to fly. For the first flight or two, use the ACT, after that, turn it off, it really hinders the flight characteristics.

Stick to electric for the first two planes. On your second, get a high wing again, but add in ailerons. Then your ready for glow, but go to a local field, and get someone there to buddy box with you. All fields are more than willing to help, especially if your interested in joining their club.
i had an electric, didnt like it, my buddy had a gas, and i flew it, then it was his turn and he smoked the side of his house with it and it broke...
Old 02-17-2008, 10:57 PM #6
chase4556
Please Excuse my spelling

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by caraboose View Post
i had an electric, didnt like it, my buddy had a gas, and i flew it, then it was his turn and he smoked the side of his house with it and it broke...
if you have flown before, and have the experience, then i would agree you dont need to start small.

Just keep in mind, your not looking to "like" this electric plane. It is designed to last you say a month, and get you to where your able to get that glow plane, and have the experience were say you loose a servo or have somthing reversed, you dont freak out and put your 300+ dollar balsa plane in the ground. You doink in the supercub, you hot glue back the fuse.

Have you ever lost a control surface on a plane? Say you have your glow plane up there, and your aileron servo fails, could you, as of now, have the skill to stay calm, revert to flying with rudder and elevator only, and safely put that plane on the ground?

these are all questions you have to ask yourself before you go up and fly your own plane, without fully learning how to fly. Believe me, i've sold many many planes to people at our shop. And 70% of the new flyers, who insist that they are good to go, come back needing to go a different route because they crashed. There is alot more to go wrong with a glow plane.

Have you ever had to quickly get on a landing run due to a failed engine? do you know the measures you have to take to quickly dead stick a plane in? These are all things you learn with an electric. You cant stop the engine and restart it on a glow plane to practice these situations.

Again...just food for the mind.

10-2-2006: Live Water Hole in Africa
chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:17 AM #7
caraboose (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase4556 View Post
if you have flown before, and have the experience, then i would agree you dont need to start small.

Just keep in mind, your not looking to "like" this electric plane. It is designed to last you say a month, and get you to where your able to get that glow plane, and have the experience were say you loose a servo or have somthing reversed, you dont freak out and put your 300+ dollar balsa plane in the ground. You doink in the supercub, you hot glue back the fuse.

Have you ever lost a control surface on a plane? Say you have your glow plane up there, and your aileron servo fails, could you, as of now, have the skill to stay calm, revert to flying with rudder and elevator only, and safely put that plane on the ground?

these are all questions you have to ask yourself before you go up and fly your own plane, without fully learning how to fly. Believe me, i've sold many many planes to people at our shop. And 70% of the new flyers, who insist that they are good to go, come back needing to go a different route because they crashed. There is alot more to go wrong with a glow plane.

Have you ever had to quickly get on a landing run due to a failed engine? do you know the measures you have to take to quickly dead stick a plane in? These are all things you learn with an electric. You cant stop the engine and restart it on a glow plane to practice these situations.

Again...just food for the mind.
im gona get a super cub, probably because my old electro plane was this

it handeled like a bag of *** and it didnt have any speed, so link to teh supercub plz