Old 02-17-2008, 08:29 AM #22
tzzler44
Shocker Tech

tzzler44 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tzzler44 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tzzler44 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by COOP823 View Post
is 8 the lowest you got it to go while still avoiding drop off? My RL nxt's dwell is 9 right now and i could probably lower it to 8 withough drop off. Im jw because will my dwell at 8(without spring) would i still get the same efficiency as you?
I can get my Evil nxt to run at 8 dwell and I only get drop off on full auto uncapped. Of course, I'm running a Kilo and I'll probably have to switch back to my HE. I'm not looking to mill my Kilo, lol.

Anyway, major props to littleman for posting this. Does anyone else think a cocker valve spring might work too?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2008, 10:03 AM #23
p.a.i.n.t.balla
#Rule Numbre Uno#

p.a.i.n.t.balla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STICKY..

I am still a little weary about this whole procedure.. but i new this a long time ago? why is it the talk of the town now?

Old 02-17-2008, 12:27 PM #24
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

against_me supports DLX Technology
its been around but not talked of much these days. there are nw hocker owners everyday so this is probably news to alot of them. i for one had heard of this and thought about doing it but did cuz i had never heard of others results. now that results are being posted as proof that it works im very interested in finnally trying it. if it indeed works id say this is sticky worthy

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 PM #25
LittleMan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOP823 View Post
is 8 the lowest you got it to go while still avoiding drop off? My RL nxt's dwell is 9 right now and i could probably lower it to 8 withough drop off. Im jw because will my dwell at 8(without spring) would i still get the same efficiency as you?
yea. u should be getting around the same efficiency. it isn't the spring that gives me the efficiency. the spring just allows me to lower my dwell, and that is what give me good efficiency. Do u have an aftermarket bolt? because that is really good dwell
Old 02-17-2008, 03:11 PM #26
COOP823
XAPB!

just the he bolt that comes stock in the gun.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:56 PM #27
Gisgo09
vGisgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeawakening 7 View Post
so is it possible to do with an open faced bolt???
Yes but you will need to mod your bolt and get a very specific spring. You will have to bore out the back end of your bolt and place the spring inside the back of the bolt over the bolt guide.

This will not decrease your rof as the decrease in dwell will more than make up for any possible increases in recharge time (unless your spring is too stiff).

Also keep us updated on how that spring works over time. I am a little worried that with nothing to actually guide it and not much to hold it in place the spring will bend or even work its way off the bolt guide after extended use.

And for the how to with pics.

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Old 02-17-2008, 06:18 PM #28
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisgo09 View Post
Yes but you will need to mod your bolt and get a very specific spring. You will have to bore out the back end of your bolt and place the spring inside the back of the bolt over the bolt guide.

This will not decrease your rof as the decrease in dwell will more than make up for any possible increases in recharge time (unless your spring is too stiff).

Also keep us updated on how that spring works over time. I am a little worried that with nothing to actually guide it and not much to hold it in place the spring will bend or even work its way off the bolt guide after extended use.

And for the how to with pics.

i have the same concerns. id hate to ruin my bloodline guide but im really curious to see how well this works. wish i had a stock guide to use. maybe if one were to use the idea of boring out the back of the bolt and mayb e applied it to the guide maybe iwould keep the spring on. maybe bore a groove on the front of the guide for the spring to fit into. i dunno its just a thought. i would like to see how this mod matches up against having a kilo bolt in shot count.

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 02-17-2008, 06:31 PM #29
Gisgo09
vGisgo

I can tell you that with a spring in the back of my bolt and properly tuning my ndz guide I get around 1900 +/- 50 shots off a 68ci at 300 fps. I currently have a humphrey noid (well its 2/3 humph and 1/3 parker but it functions like a humphrey), but when I had a parker in it I was running a dwell of 6.75 to 7 ms.

If you could bore a seat hole in the front of the guide that might do the job.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:34 PM #30
tzzler44
Shocker Tech

tzzler44 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tzzler44 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tzzler44 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
I can tell you that with a spring in the back of my bolt and properly tuning my ndz guide I get around 1900 +/- 50 shots off a 68ci at 300 fps.
With a Kilo? How did you assemble the spring in there? I've got a kilo and I can't really see anywhere to brace the spring against
Old 02-17-2008, 06:40 PM #31
Gisgo09
vGisgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzzler44 View Post
With a Kilo? How did you assemble the spring in there? I've got a kilo and I can't really see anywhere to brace the spring against
No its a ndz v3 B. The nice thing about the ndz ones is that there is only a thin lip in the back of the bolt that you can grind off with a dremmel. With other bolts you will have to use a drill press.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:47 PM #32
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

Quote:
No its a ndz v3 B. The nice thing about the ndz ones is that there is only a thin lip in the back of the bolt that you can grind off with a dremmel. With other bolts you will have to use a drill press.
did you have any problems with the spring in the back? 1900 +/- 50 shots hell if can can get clse to the then forget the kilo. what spring did you use?

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 02-17-2008, 06:53 PM #33
Gisgo09
vGisgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by against_me View Post
did you have any problems with the spring in the back? 1900 +/- 50 shots hell if can can get clse to the then forget the kilo. what spring did you use?
I had custom ones made. I can't remember the measurements off the top of my head (it was almost 3 years ago) but I will try to find them. If you're lucky you can find one that will fit, but if not you can measure and have one made. Just look for spring manufacturers in the yellow pages and call em up to see if they will work with ya. And in the time i've had it in there i've never had a problem related to the spring.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:14 PM #34
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

cool. ive got the an ndz bolt so i might consider this. i wonder if i can tune it to get close to 1900 even without the ndz guide? probably not, but if i can get 1700+ im more than happy.

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 02-18-2008, 03:25 PM #35
the_pb_pirate
Dustin

the_pb_pirate plays in the MiLP
the_pb_pirate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
the_pb_pirate supports Team VICIOUS
the_pb_pirate is an NCPA player
i have an old blowback at my house. do you guys think the velocity spring out of that will work if cut?
Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 PM #36
LittleMan41

it might be too stong, but try it. if it is too strong then the only thing that will happen is the bolt won't go all the way back and gas will leak. it won't damage your gun
Old 02-18-2008, 03:29 PM #37
the_pb_pirate
Dustin

i'll try it as soon as my dad gets home with his wire cutters...
Old 02-18-2008, 03:39 PM #38
PCPB4lizife

has been a member for 10 years
for those who got it from home depot, can you tell us the measurement? that would be helpful.

EDIT price info would be great as well.
RILEY GEE #1 Fan.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:29 PM #39
GreekGod
Hi I'm Pećey

GreekGod plays in the PSP
GreekGod supports Pev's Paintball
GreekGod plays in the APPA D5 division
LittleMan.. the spring never gets nocked out of place even during firing??? cause this is a nice mod i would just be scared of the spring comming loose and messing stuff up inside my baby.

could some one put up pics of how to do this to the back of the bolt. i would feel much more safe doing this if the spring were in the back...

Last edited by GreekGod : 02-18-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 PM #40
the_pb_pirate
Dustin

ok guys, the spring out of the blowback worked. i dry fired it a few times and it seemed to be cycling well at 13 bps. i started to slow down though because i ran out of air. i lowered my dwell down to 9 but i'm not sure what my pressure was. the gun also seemed to make a different sound while firing.

btw i cut my spring down to 1.25 inches.

-edit- i forgot to say that i used the he bolt and can but i used a hybrid bolt guide

Last edited by the_pb_pirate : 02-18-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:03 PM #41
PCPB4lizife

has been a member for 10 years
It seems that the sping i have will bend at the tip instead of sitting correctly.. Any ideas?
RILEY GEE #1 Fan.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:05 PM #42
the_pb_pirate
Dustin

what kind of spring are you using?