Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 AM #211
GreekGod
Hi I'm Pećey

GreekGod plays in the PSP
GreekGod supports Pev's Paintball
GreekGod plays in the APPA D5 division
I was thinking of doing something like this. I take a chunk of rubber, put it into a spoon, take a lighter and put it under the spoon till the crack melts (Opps I mean rubber. Haha you know you were thinking it) but once the rubber is melted just dip the ends of the spring into it. And you are done! I'm going to try it after class today. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Last edited by GreekGod : 03-05-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2008, 10:56 AM #212
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

against_me supports DLX Technology
could work. do it outdoors and maybe put on a mask cuz that ****s gonna smell bad. sounds like a pretty good idea

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 03-05-2008, 10:58 AM #213
Gisgo09
vGisgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGod View Post
right on. Any idea on why this dint raze my velocity? I mean a spring assisted bolt should make your gun shoot faster... Right? That's what happend to every one elce right?

Also I was wondering on if some how you could put rubber on the ends of the spring so that it would not scratch to much. Any idea on how we could do that?
Automotive stores used to carry a product that would do what you want, it is basically a spray on rubber that was supposed to be sprayed inside your wheel wells to deaden road noise.

As for the gun not shooting any faster, the spring basically only assist the noid to achieve the full dwell cycle your board is set to. At a certian point dwell will not increase your velocity as the extra air being used does not affect the ball or the entire contents of the he can have been used already. You will probably find that if you turn down your dwell and perhaps even your pressure it will not affect your velocity. Doing that is what will increase your efficiency.

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Old 03-05-2008, 11:08 AM #214
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

my velocity was all over the place. guess i had a not so good spring

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 03-05-2008, 01:54 PM #215
Gisgo09
vGisgo

^^ If the spring is to weak and you lower your settings too low it could cause that. Also if the spring is binding or catching somewhere it could be the prob. Keep in mind that springs tend to twist when they expand and contract and if they are grabbing the bolt somewhere while they twist it may cause a problem with the spring or the bolts movement, there in causing inconsistancys. I have experienced this with one of the springs I installed for someone.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:11 PM #216
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

yea my spring was probably too weak. i dont think it caught the bolt but none the less it wasnt good. if i can ill try another spring but most likely ill wait to do your mod. i dont like the wear caused to the front of my bolt guide(should of thought of that rubber coating thing)

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 03-05-2008, 02:22 PM #217
vikeor
Wasted

yay, finally got some air, time to try the mod

edit: shocker seems to run fine on a dwell of 5ms... not bad... paint test 2morrow!
Black ION w/ups

Last edited by vikeor : 03-05-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:33 PM #218
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

i just found a spring making shop thats like 5 mins down the street from me. looks like ill be trying out gisgo idea. i just sent them an email, hopefully i can go there and get the spring made

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM #219
RagingItalianMan
ello

RagingItalianMan is a Supporting Member
^^sent you a pm
Old 03-05-2008, 08:53 PM #220
GreekGod
Hi I'm Pećey

Ok so I tried my crack spoon idea and if failed horribly. I tried an old Oring. (It dint melt at all) tried a chunk from the bottom of my shoe. (Dint melt at all. just smelled really bad). I even tried small piece of a tire that we had laying around (dint do a thing) I held the lighter there for about 5 mins on each one and they would not melt at all. All I managed to do was destroy a spoon, and make my garage stink.

Also I messed with my settings today. I dropped my dwell all the way down to 10ms (originally at 15). I have 0 drop off. I let my gun lay around for 2 hours aired up. Picked it up and the first shot was 285. It was +/-5 all day. Shot it over and over and over. Stayed supper consistent! And no FSDO or bolt stick at all! I left my pressure at 180 psi and its running beautifully! I dint want my dwell going lower than 9 just to be safe. And if I went any lower I would get a lil FSDO but not bad. I put it down to 9 laid it around for an hour. First shot was 255. So not bad but I like it not having any at all. So all in all I love this mod, just got to get some rubber on the ends of the spring so it does not scratch anything.

So any ideas on how to make the crack spoon work? Do I need like a special type of rubber or something? I’ll look into the spray on rubber but I don’t want to spend a lot on money on this. The original idea was to have a free mod for my gun any way. So I’m trying to keep it as close to free as I can.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:57 PM #221
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

ive got a sodering torch i bet that would work better than a lighter.

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 03-05-2008, 09:00 PM #222
GreekGod
Hi I'm Pećey

it proly would. we dont have any thing like that around here. i even tryed putting the flame derectly on the rubber/oring. but it would just light them on fire. hence doing its job of being a lighter....
Old 03-05-2008, 09:04 PM #223
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

lol

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 PM #224
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

I just go a reply from the spring company. they said yea i can go in with my gun and get a spring made! Gisgo, is there anything else i should know about the spring besides it being a 4lb spring and where to get dimentions from? did you remove the bumper from the guide?

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
Old 03-06-2008, 02:43 PM #225
Gisgo09
vGisgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by against_me View Post
I just go a reply from the spring company. they said yea i can go in with my gun and get a spring made! Gisgo, is there anything else i should know about the spring besides it being a 4lb spring and where to get dimentions from? did you remove the bumper from the guide?
No keep the bumper on. Give them the parts and they should be able to measure for you. Just make sure that they add the length of the bolt travel plus a little extra to the length inside the back of the bolt. I don't remember the exact length of the bolt travel off the top of my head but if you add an inch and a quarter to the length of the back inner section of the bolt then you will be fine. My spring is 4lbs when coiled and it works great for me, but if you wanted to go up a pound or two it shouldn't hurt anything. The only reason I didn't get a stronger one is that the 4lb ones were a tight fit and the guy didn't think a stronger one would fit.

Good Luck

Old 03-06-2008, 03:12 PM #226
Krystalmesh
ć

has been a member for 10 years
Krystalmesh supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGod View Post
it proly would. we dont have any thing like that around here. i even tryed putting the flame derectly on the rubber/oring. but it would just light them on fire. hence doing its job of being a lighter....
i know home depot carries this rubber in a can. its for dipping your tool handles into to give them a ribber grip...might work for you.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:19 PM #227
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Hmmmm... Dipping your TOOL in rubber......

Sounds fun!!

LOL.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:15 PM #228
pntbllrw/dm4
I don suk @ pntbal anymor

pntbllrw/dm4 is a Supporting Member
What does the almighty YDNA have to say about this mod??????
Old 03-07-2008, 06:49 AM #229
Krystalmesh
ć

has been a member for 10 years
Krystalmesh supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino1XL View Post
Hmmmm... Dipping your TOOL in rubber......

Sounds fun!!

LOL.
how didnt i see that coming heh

im interested in doing this mod as well, but with the work needed using my nox, and my lack of tools and time, ill probably have to sit back and see how it all works out for a while. sounds awesome though.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:15 PM #230
pntbllrw/dm4
I don suk @ pntbal anymor

pntbllrw/dm4 is a Supporting Member
Im have a spare bolt guide, and im going to try to machine a groove for the spring to sit in tomm.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:27 PM #231
ccluff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntbllrw/dm4 View Post
Im have a spare bolt guide, and im going to try to machine a groove for the spring to sit in tomm.
If you can machine why don't you just turn down the back of the guide and put the spring behind the bolt where it can't wear the inside of the bolt where it seals. No reason to have acess to the right tools and put the spring in front of the guide when behind is the best place to put it.
Closed Thread