ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 PM #64
Mav
Paintburrets

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Mav posts videos on PbNation
Mav plays in the APPA D5 division
Then move, no one is making you play. Try California. Oh wait, I grew up playing there and my first 3-man non-xball tournaments had no leagues and even less incentive (e.g. prizes). I've been to one event that did not have prizes (but it did have a raffle)... and that was for charity.

It really seems like you guys would rather make excuses then to get out and ball... it's pretty lame.
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2008, 08:56 PM #65
Agent6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Then move, no one is making you play. Try California. Oh wait, I grew up playing there and my first 3-man non-xball tournaments had no leagues and even less incentive (e.g. prizes). I've been to one event that did not have prizes (but it did have a raffle)... and that was for charity.

It really seems like you guys would rather make excuses then to get out and ball... it's pretty lame.
no one is making me play? actually by having high paint prices at practically every field, i could make the argument that field owners are keeping me from playing.

but your description sounds just like how tournies are around here. it's mostly 3 man semi with high prices and no prizes.

but hey, if i could afford it of course i'd be playing. do you really think i like making "excuses"? this thread was supposedly about bringin xball back to colorado, and i was just adding my oppinion. not everyone is well off; their voices need to be heard too.

i just don't see how having 5 events, with the exact same high prices, are going to draw anything spectacular. i think having atleast twice as many events with one "major cup event" at the end would be more fit. that way you have more time to draw a league together. also an option for "lowend" and "highend" paint. after you have significantly more teams entering, the extra money can go to prizes while paint stays cheap. xball is so great today because of the fact that there's so many consistently entering teams and because there are options to fit anyones' situation. that doesn't look like it's going to happen with this proposed setup.

Last edited by Agent6 : 02-26-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Agent6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:00 PM #66
BB_Media
www.hookahTREND.com

BB_Media plays in the PSP
BB_Media supports Team VICIOUS
i think u should quite crying and deal with the prices for a tourny they r fine prices u play paintball ur wallet should b hurting as it is

im hope u guys get alot of teams (looks like u guys rnt having any troubles with that) def. will see if the team i play on is gonna do it.
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
BB_Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:04 PM #67
Agent6

that's the thing. just because you play doesn't mean you should be in debt up to your eyeballs. stop assuming that. paintball would be 3 times as big if it was affordable, but no one in colorado wants to take a chance.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 AM #68
smoke'nfools

Annual Supporting Member
smoke'nfools plays in the PSP
smoke'nfools owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
smoke'nfools owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
smoke'nfools plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6 View Post
that's the thing. just because you play doesn't mean you should be in debt up to your eyeballs. stop assuming that. paintball would be 3 times as big if it was affordable, but no one in colorado wants to take a chance.

My brother, paintball is and always will be expensive to play. It has however come down over the last 4 years. Paint used to be 70-80 a case for crap paint, and even a low end gun would run you about 500-700 + all the crap you have to bolt on it. Iím by no means well off, but I make choices around paintball itís my sport of choice, and I donít do anything else any more. I use the dollars that I would use for skiing, for boating or climbing for paintball. My choice, maybe you need to make some choices as well.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedbackdeta...=22435&u=61630
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area
http://www.savepaintball.org/
smoke'nfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:11 PM #69
Mav
Paintburrets

Annual Supporting Member
Mav posts videos on PbNation
Mav plays in the APPA D5 division
Smoke'nfools is right.

Also, I forgot to mention that at those "crappy" tournaments back in California we averaged something like 20+ teams. Some of them were populated by 12 year olds with Tippmanns, they made it work.

I used to run tournaments of my own and ours were for profit, we ran these exact same prices. At the fields that hosted, everything we made on entry went to the field for use/air and prizes. More than half of the price of paint goes back to the distributer and then we'd start getting to the profit. The prices offered for paint are exactly what you should pay for a case of quality stuff so I see no profit margins.

Summary - If teams want to play they will figure it out. You're not getting gouged, and to expect a promoter to accept losses when Colorado paintball is soo small and the industry itself is in flux is rediculous.
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:36 PM #70
Agent6

alright as long as this league doesnt fail like colorado paintball usually does... i hope it works out
Old 02-27-2008, 09:06 PM #71
coyotebird33

why do you say colorado paintball fails over the last two years i have seen a pretty decent tournament scene
Zap
coyotebird33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:44 AM #72
Magari

Magari owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I miss the MSTS
Fly High Krew... still around?
Dirty Boys.... don't even remember this one.
Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:37 PM #73
Egos4Ever
BAD MEDICINE

First, Fitz's paint is great. That's all we shoot down here at Colorsplash. 2nd if Dynamic is reffing then the tourney will have excellent, CONSISTENT, reffing. 3rd (and I can only speak about Colorsplash here) the setup and running of the tourney will be first rate. Jacki and Jim always do a great job with their tournaments. X-ball aside, if you're complaining about Colorado tourneys then you haven't played one at Colorsplash. Great field, great paint, great folks.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:18 AM #74
Magari

Magari owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Who am I kidding?

I'll play any tournament I can.
Fly High Krew... still around?
Dirty Boys.... don't even remember this one.
Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 PM #75
MFITZ
DYNAMIC PAINTBALL

MFITZ is a Supporting Member
Fellas,

I will of course make sure we get a date that does not conflict with the BLITZ schedule. I still need eveyone that has a team and wants to play the event to PM me your name # and team name I will cap the first event at 10-12 to make sure the event is flawless. As stated earlier we will move the events around so everyone gets to participate that would like to. It looks like the majority prefer $60 paint and no series prizes Im fine with that. But if Im going to Buy an X-BALL field I need you committed.

FITZ
MFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 PM #76
Phatalias

Fitz, I am not as concerned with the price of paint and I do not mind making the commitment to play but I do need to know what is the standard for making sure that the class is fair? Are we going to go with the PSP or NPPL registration? Is there a Colorado registration? We have signed up at Blitz and have been playing in their tournements, last year was our first. I just do not want to commit to a tournament schedule and come in as a rookie team, then get walked on by D-1, Open or maybe even some Pro players. This would be a real discouraging thing.. It seems to me that if teams are going to commit to any tournements, they need to be convinced that they are going to be fair and I am not talking about Prize's, I am talking about being matched up against comparable skill levels.. you know what I mean... I also realize that there are always going to be some bugs that will need to be worked out with anything new and I am sure that you will do everything in your power to make things fair..
Thanks!!!

Last edited by Phatalias : 03-02-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Phatalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:28 AM #77
smoke'nfools

Annual Supporting Member
smoke'nfools plays in the PSP
smoke'nfools owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
smoke'nfools owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
smoke'nfools plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatalias View Post
Fitz, I am not as concerned with the price of paint and I do not mind making the commitment to play but I do need to know what is the standard for making sure that the class is fair? Are we going to go with the PSP or NPPL registration? Is there a Colorado registration? We have signed up at Blitz and have been playing in their tournements, last year was our first. I just do not want to commit to a tournament schedule and come in as a rookie team, then get walked on by D-1, Open or maybe even some Pro players. This would be a real discouraging thing.. It seems to me that if teams are going to commit to any tournements, they need to be convinced that they are going to be fair and I am not talking about Prize's, I am talking about being matched up against comparable skill levels.. you know what I mean... I also realize that there are always going to be some bugs that will need to be worked out with anything new and I am sure that you will do everything in your power to make things fair..
Thanks!!!

i can speak to this I know we will require everyone to register here

http://www.freewebs.com/copbplayerclass/index.htm
http://www.pbnation.com/feedbackdeta...=22435&u=61630
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area
http://www.savepaintball.org/
smoke'nfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:37 PM #78
Agent6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotebird33 View Post
why do you say colorado paintball fails over the last two years i have seen a pretty decent tournament scene
it just seems like there aren't any fields that can actually rely on tournament ballers opposed to recballers. just my opinion though

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke'nfools View Post
i can speak to this I know we will require everyone to register here

http://www.freewebs.com/copbplayerclass/index.htm
good idea
Old 03-03-2008, 11:11 PM #79
coyotebird33

no feild can rely on tourny ballers the paintball business is and always will be suited towards recballers thats where all the money comes from