ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-17-2008, 10:33 PM #43
MFITZ
DYNAMIC PAINTBALL

MFITZ is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousJon View Post
I think the best option for you guys is to keep the entry fee reasonable. $200 dollars for a 6/7 man roster isn't bad if you take the time to do the math. And I think it is a great Idea. Leaving the choice of paint to the players is always appreciated. As long as there is value in both.

So let's do the math guys. I'll keep it simple.

Entry fee is $200

$200/7 = about $28.50 per person. if my brain is working right...

Then add the paint. We played a 3man XBall tourny a few years ago and we shot like 6-7 cases. so we'll say 8 to be on the safe side. And lets compare both 40$ and 60$ paint.

$40 x 8 = $320 now 320/7 = $45.71

now add the entry fee and the paint cost together

45.71 + 28.50 = 74.21

So if you were to buy the low-end paint it would cost you under 75 dollars.
And thats not for practice. Thats for a entire day of awesome paintball! That sounds like a great deal to me.

Now lets add up the more expensive paint.

$60 x 8 = $480

$480/8 = 68.57 (so about 23 dollars more per person)

so add...

28.50 + 68.57 = 97.07

Still under $100 for a whole day of paintball.

If your team is struggling to come up with the money just skip one practice early before the event and don't go blowing you money on fast food.

Your welcome, Jon.

P.S. I'm going to talk to Joe this weekend. I'm sure we'll play if we can get enough people together.

Ah the voice of reason ! I have no idea who you are but clearly you are a Baller. I look forward to meeting you.

Let me clear a few things up

1. This is not my series not my league. I'm testing the water,, if it works for everyone great! if not thats ok too I am not going to beg anyone to play. 2. I have commitments from several fields and owners to host events if it comes together. 3. The breakdown of the the money has not been discussed at all. 4. Whatever our share is / was would to to Dynamic & the field owner not me personally.

I appreciate everyones feedback so........... lets get it narrowed down to specifics one question at a time.

1. Would you prefer $60 paint and no series prizes, or $65 paint with a series prize.

Last edited by MFITZ : 02-17-2008 at 11:04 PM.
MFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:53 PM #44
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!

TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
I'm still curious, would there be multiple paint options?
TeamShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:07 PM #45
InfamousJon
aggiest aggtastic aggster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFITZ View Post
Ah the voice of reason ! I have no idea who you are but clearly you are a Baller. I look forward to meeting you at the event.

Thx for you post

FITZ
My name is Jon Weitzel. I palyed with some of the dynamic guys a while back. Joe shipman, big Mike, Pauly, Simon and Blake + more just can't think of them atm. I took the last few years off, But Joe is putting a team together and asked me to come back so here we are! Like I said I'm going to talk to him and try to get enough guys to play. I love the x-ball format and am looking forward to a good event! Ignore the negativity. I think you guys are putting together a good event, keep it up.
InfamousJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:10 PM #46
MFITZ
DYNAMIC PAINTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamShellShock View Post
I'm still curious, would there be multiple paint options?

Possibly but at this point $60 would be baseline to make the league work with payouts.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:12 PM #47
MFITZ
DYNAMIC PAINTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousJon View Post
My name is Jon Weitzel. I palyed with some of the dynamic guys a while back. Joe shipman, big Mike, Pauly, Simon and Blake + more just can't think of them atm. I took the last few years off, But Joe is putting a team together and asked me to come back so here we are! Like I said I'm going to talk to him and try to get enough guys to play. I love the x-ball format and am looking forward to a good event! Ignore the negativity. I think you guys are putting together a good event, keep it up.
Ah I know Joe very well ! Looking forward to seeing you there

fitz
Old 02-18-2008, 04:25 AM #48
paintballguru92
Take no days off.

Annual Supporting Member
paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
paintballguru92 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibunkeryu View Post
Shockwave will do it
BOOM!!!! hahahaha!

(frank caliendo )

as long as this amazing paint your talking about in'it gunna cost us 90$ a case you should have alot of teams, bring it back cuz we <3 teh' x-ball...
COLORADO VILLAIN #10
Denver Fury #99
FLY HIGH KREW
paintballguru92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:51 PM #49
slavelinus

I wish you the best of luck but I'm afraid that history will repeat it self. This same series was proposed earlier this year and there were no teams that signed up.
It's very simple, there are not enough teams that can or will afford $60 to $65 dollar a case paint.
And with all that said I will not add anymore to this thread nor will I play with the proposed paint pricing.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:33 PM #50
Pumpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavelinus View Post
I wish you the best of luck but I'm afraid that history will repeat it self. This same series was proposed earlier this year and there were no teams that signed up.
It's very simple, there are not enough teams that can or will afford $60 to $65 dollar a case paint.
And with all that said I will not add anymore to this thread nor will I play with the proposed paint pricing.
People won't play ramping tournies with $60 a case paint. Look what happened in Pueblo the, interest is their but the money is not.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 AM #51
Magari

Magari owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Raise the entry fee, allow teams to bring their own paint and provide series prizes. I could go without prizes for winning individual tournaments.

You could sell some paint at the tournament, but make it something worth 60 a case.

After being out of the scene for 5 years all the prices have dropped except for paint, and in my opinion the quality has gone down...

If a team has a paint sponsorship it seems worthless at local tournaments, cmon people lets allow for a little competition and maybe there would be more than just 2 known teams in colorado.
Fly High Krew... still around?
Dirty Boys.... don't even remember this one.
Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:04 AM #52
MFITZ
DYNAMIC PAINTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavelinus View Post
I appreciate your post but I completely disagree with you. The cheapest tourney I can remember in CO is up at Blitz < Issac puts on a pretty good show and sells white box seconds for $55 a case & $65 for first quality. So you are of the mindset that for an extra $5 per man they will pass on first quality paint ? I don't think so ! For $5 a case difference everyone would shoot the better paint. Bounces and barrel breaks cost people events no one will risk it for $5 per player.

My .02
Old 02-19-2008, 12:12 AM #53
Magari

and in my opinion seconds is not worth 55$ a case.

However, I am biased...

Hate the zap, love the draxxus.

Id pay 60 a case for inferno, 50 a case for blaze.

Maybe im cheap.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:20 AM #54
MFITZ
DYNAMIC PAINTBALL

OK FELLAS,

I think we have 10 teams ready to go so the event / series will go down. I do appreciate all the feedback. Not much has changed in the last 6 years some ballers and some babies If you have a team and want to play the series please post here, and pm me you name and # and if you would prefer $60 tourney paint and "NO" series prizes, or $65 tourney paint with series prizes. I will let the teams that actually will play make this decision. Of course the majority of the entry fees $200 per team will be paid out in cash at each event Guaranteed ! Will shoot for March or April for first event @ Colorsplash then work on APC,Blitz, Splat ect and will go 1 event per month total of 5 events.

thx again
Old 02-19-2008, 12:24 AM #55
MFITZ
DYNAMIC PAINTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magari View Post
and in my opinion seconds is not worth 55$ a case.

However, I am biased...

Hate the zap, love the draxxus.

Id pay 60 a case for inferno, 50 a case for blaze.

Maybe im cheap.
Our top of the line ball is inline with Inferno,Ultra, Marbs ect.. Made by same company National went to when the National / Procaps blowup happened. No one will complain about the paint I assure you.

thx
Old 02-19-2008, 12:36 AM #56
Magari

Fair enough...

Then make it 60 a case and raise the entry fee. I would pay 300 for good refs and some series prizes. 5 extra bucks doesn't make it sound like even if we agreed the prizes would be that great... I can't imagine how much paint a tournament goes through, however 50-100 extra bucks per team per event would give whoever is running the series some leverage with sponsors to get some decent prizes in my opinion.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:08 PM #57
MFITZ
DYNAMIC PAINTBALL

Ok we are working on a date will be a Sunday in April we will cap the first event at roughly 12-13 teams we want to make sure we do it right, everyone has a great time, plays a ton of x-ball. please continue you to PM me if your in or want to talk about it on the phone

thx
Old 02-22-2008, 09:37 AM #58
smoke'nfools

Annual Supporting Member
smoke'nfools plays in the PSP
smoke'nfools owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
smoke'nfools owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
smoke'nfools plays in the APPA D4 division
Just my 2 cents here seem to be the running joke here. That being said heres mine.

WTF is wrong with you people.

this looks to be a great chance to have a good event. You all are complaining about paint prices and have been paying 55 - 65 for $h!T box paint haveing to shoot 2 times more then you should. haveing to clean your guns more then you should and that crap. the math is solid here people you wont spend much more money then you are now. get more games and better paint, way more fun then your regular event. There were about 6 teams that wanted play the other date, but with out 10 it made no sence, and for that mater it was f'n cold that weekend
http://www.pbnation.com/feedbackdeta...=22435&u=61630
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area
http://www.savepaintball.org/
smoke'nfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:46 PM #59
nyxballa

or you could make it byop and that would surely attract more players. my team is sponsored by xo and i don't really feel like shooting anything else. maybe you could talk to them about skid discounts. we get like 25 cases per real xball event so i know they would throw down for this if we decide to play
nyxballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:13 PM #60
Magari

The first series in CO to do BYOP with series prizes will surely become the fav and bring the best competition..... if you stick with it, even vendors might make it out.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:48 PM #61
Phatalias

Fitz, Please do not let this series compete with Blitz Tourney schedule, Isac has it posted. We would love of be a part of this X-ball and will play! Is there going to be Open and Rookie class? Also, is the fire rate going to be capped at 15bps or the new PSP 13.?? rate? If it is the new fire rate, a lot of people will need to upgrade their boards...
P.S. Glad to see you got your paint up at Blitz!!!
The Phatboy...

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/j...10-2008090.jpg
Phatalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:31 PM #62
Sickness
check the join date sucka

this thread cracks me up:

this is what it sounds like you guys want:

Tournament with bring your own paint.
Hell why dont you do free entry too.
How about free lunch and water.
Free air all day.
Dont forget the big big prizes like 08 ego's with air systems, barrel kits, super fast halo's, gear from head to toe, 10 cases of pods plus big cash just for showing up and free paint for a year.

If what you want is a cheap tournament to play in (meaning low entry and low paint cost, or byop) where are the prizes going to come from then.

how about a cheap tournament and NO prizes at all, is that what you want???
Sickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:29 PM #63
Agent6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickness View Post
this thread cracks me up:

this is what it sounds like you guys want:

Tournament with bring your own paint.
Hell why dont you do free entry too.
How about free lunch and water.
Free air all day.
Dont forget the big big prizes like 08 ego's with air systems, barrel kits, super fast halo's, gear from head to toe, 10 cases of pods plus big cash just for showing up and free paint for a year.

If what you want is a cheap tournament to play in (meaning low entry and low paint cost, or byop) where are the prizes going to come from then.

how about a cheap tournament and NO prizes at all, is that what you want???
YES!!!! that's exactly what i want!! prizes can wait! this is supposed to be about starting a league, not a 1 time event!

but of course MFITZ had to disregard that completely and make the option between 60 and 65 without lowering any other prices.

i feel like moving
Agent6 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups