Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-15-2008, 01:51 AM #22
MFITZ
DYNAMIC PAINTBALL

MFITZ is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Let me make sure I'm clear,, you guys want to shoot junk paint? You pay $65-$69 at PBA for seconds! Then complain about $60-$65 case tourney paint on the level of Ultra or Hellfire? Wow! Can't believe what I'm reading! Why don't I just raise the entry fee to $400-$500 per team lower the prize package and you can bring your own paint from Walmart, Or pay $200 entry and shoot the real deal. As for the field I was going to buy one if necessary. The idea is first class event across the board,,, I'll let the thread run a while then make a decision. We stopped playing events at pba a few years ago after we bought 7 cases of $20 paint for $69 a case only to find out we couldn't get a whole ball out of our DM's and they wouldn't take it back ! I know a few of you posting here we at that event and were crying the blues just like we were. Ahhhhh how soon we forget . The pain of poor quality will last much longer than the pleasure of a cheap price. So higher entry less payout and bring your own. OR Would you like to play a real series with real paint real series prizes and real cash payouts at each event. Im not seeing much confidence in your posts about your teams skillz. I would be asking " FITZ WHEN WE ROLL DOWN THERE AND KILL EVERYONE HOW MUCH CAN WE MAKE?" You guys are posting like you have already lost !

Keep posting this is enlightening I might rec shooting a cheaper gat and playing events so you can improve your game. Remember paintball is cheap if your winning ! To close,,,,, if its all about the money why not just stick to rec ball? Tourney players with $1000 gats find a way to play tourney ball !
Any of you that have played at Colorsplash know the events are first class thats the only way Jackie does it !

my .02

So I have Air Force, and Shockwave at this point. I know we have a couple of rookie teams in Pueblo that are in. So we are making some progress.

Last edited by MFITZ : 02-15-2008 at 01:58 AM.
MFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2008, 08:50 AM #23
Splat-Master
Field Owner

Paint

Shooting qulity paint will alway make good ball time. You have to all remember the problems we have when we shoot low end paint! If we want all top gun events we have to cover all ends. And if that is making sure we have good paint that is what we have to do.
I do understand and feel the pain of $$$ of paint but you have to look at it in the long run.

What will the prize be? will I get my $$$ back WHEN we win. Who is going to be there to give us ups on our game?

Everyone here wants to be big one day in paintball, letting us do the events and make sure everyone improves there game, that is what we are going to do.
Shooting poor paint can cost you more in the long run, it could cost you first spot in the finals or having one of your team mates get bunker'd.
I am sure Fitz will let us know what is going on here soon. I am excited to see what team are out here to take the ranks.

Do you all agree?
Splat-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 AM #24
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!

TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
I think people just want the option to choose shooting 40 dollar paint or 60 dollar paint. It doesn't hurt anyone but them so why not?
TeamShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:43 AM #25
Splat-Master
Field Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamShellShock View Post
I think people just want the option to choose shooting 40 dollar paint or 60 dollar paint. It doesn't hurt anyone but them so why not?
That is a really good poing. Choosing what dollar amount and choosing what quality of paint you guys want to shoot. We just have to agree on

- Higher entree free/bring own paint
- keep prices the same
- have two picks of paint/ must buy paint at event.
Splat-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:51 PM #26
ibunkeryu

ibunkeryu supports Empire
ibunkeryu is All In
ibunkeryu is All In
I kinda like the idea of higher entry byop. But then again it would be nice to have the good paint waiting for you at the event. So either way would work. And having the two paint options is a good idea because what I usually do is buy the cheaper stuff early and when I get to the finals I whip out the good stuff.

Green and Gold GEO2 f/s http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3708260
ibunkeryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:58 PM #27
InfamousJon
aggiest aggtastic aggster

I think the best option for you guys is to keep the entry fee reasonable. $200 dollars for a 6/7 man roster isn't bad if you take the time to do the math. And I think it is a great Idea. Leaving the choice of paint to the players is always appreciated. As long as there is value in both.

So let's do the math guys. I'll keep it simple.

Entry fee is $200

$200/7 = about $28.50 per person. if my brain is working right...

Then add the paint. We played a 3man XBall tourny a few years ago and we shot like 6-7 cases. so we'll say 8 to be on the safe side. And lets compare both 40$ and 60$ paint.

$40 x 8 = $320 now 320/7 = $45.71

now add the entry fee and the paint cost together

45.71 + 28.50 = 74.21

So if you were to buy the low-end paint it would cost you under 75 dollars.
And thats not for practice. Thats for a entire day of awesome paintball! That sounds like a great deal to me.

Now lets add up the more expensive paint.

$60 x 8 = $480

$480/8 = 68.57 (so about 23 dollars more per person)

so add...

28.50 + 68.57 = 97.07

Still under $100 for a whole day of paintball.

If your team is struggling to come up with the money just skip one practice early before the event and don't go blowing you money on fast food.

Your welcome, Jon.

P.S. I'm going to talk to Joe this weekend. I'm sure we'll play if we can get enough people together.
InfamousJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:11 PM #28
SEAL34
www.otterbox.com

SEAL34 plays in the PSP
SEAL34 is an NCPA player
SEAL34 plays in the APPA D4 division
Another thing that would pull teams in would be having a real X-ball field. You can buy them from PSP after every event. It would make the league more legitimate if you had one or two regulation Sup Air X-ball fields.
SEAL34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:27 PM #29
JAM ENTERPRISES

JAM ENTERPRISES is a Supporting Member
your math is close, but the 7th man is only a coach not a player if i remember right
Old 02-15-2008, 06:35 PM #30
InfamousJon
aggiest aggtastic aggster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousJon View Post
I think the best option for you guys is to keep the entry fee reasonable. $200 dollars for a 6/7 man roster isn't bad if you take the time to do the math. And I think it is a great Idea. Leaving the choice of paint to the players is always appreciated. As long as there is value in both.

So let's do the math guys. I'll keep it simple.

Entry fee is $200

$200/7 = about $28.50 per person. if my brain is working right...

Then add the paint. We played a 3man XBall tourny a few years ago and we shot like 6-7 cases. so we'll say 8 to be on the safe side. And lets compare both 40$ and 60$ paint.

$40 x 8 = $320 now 320/7 = $45.71

now add the entry fee and the paint cost together

45.71 + 28.50 = 74.21

So if you were to buy the low-end paint it would cost you under 75 dollars.
And thats not for practice. Thats for a entire day of awesome paintball! That sounds like a great deal to me.

Now lets add up the more expensive paint.

$60 x 8 = $480

$480/8 = 68.57 (so about 23 dollars more per person)

so add...

28.50 + 68.57 = 97.07

Still under $100 for a whole day of paintball.

If your team is struggling to come up with the money just skip one practice early before the event and don't go blowing you money on fast food.

Your welcome, Jon.

P.S. I'm going to talk to Joe this weekend. I'm sure we'll play if we can get enough people together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM ENTERPRISES View Post
your math is close, but the 7th man is only a coach not a player if i remember right
I believe they said you can have 7 rostered + 1 Coach.
InfamousJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:45 PM #31
JAM ENTERPRISES

JAM ENTERPRISES is a Supporting Member
your right,
sorry
Old 02-15-2008, 10:34 PM #32
jlong355

Funny that you talk about buying 20 dollar case paint for 69 because thats the same thing thats been going on in Pueblo for the past few years!!!! Why must you try to pocket 4 to 6 thousand dollars per weekend, must not be selling enough used cars!!! The only thing we really want is a choice of what paint to shoot, if we make a bad choice on paint thats on us, not you all. I've personally been to a couple tournaments when the lower grade paint out performed the higher grade on that particular day. Choices would be greatly apprieciated.

Last edited by jlong355 : 02-15-2008 at 10:44 PM.
jlong355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:07 PM #33
coyotebird33

what dates are you looking at for the events