Old 02-13-2008, 01:23 PM #1
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
An obscure question about RC airplane motors

I have some brushless DC motors, and I want to run them on a bench rather than in an airplane. I have the ESCs that go with them, but I don't have recievers. Does anybody know what kind of signal the reciever sends to the speed controller to make the motor turn?

Thanks in advance.
“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
kjjm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 PM #2
psyco_fade (Banned)
Mods can't even handle me

psyco_fade has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psyco_fade has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
you might try just connecting a battery pack directly to the motor, but im not sure that will work, i don't know that much about brushless motors.
psyco_fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 PM #3
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyco_fade View Post
you might try just connecting a battery pack directly to the motor, but im not sure that will work, i don't know that much about brushless motors.
Bad idea. Might kill the motor. The Electronic Speed CONTROL is there for a good reason.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 PM #4
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hooking the batteries directly to the motor is not going to work. I found a bench testing setup that will work anyway.
“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
kjjm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:38 PM #5
DRock
Resident Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkorAVALS View Post
Bad idea. Might kill the motor. The Electronic Speed CONTROL is there for a good reason.
So by that logic just connecting a regular brushed motor to a battery might kill it...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

ST:Almost Serious
DRock is offline   Reply With Quote