Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:08 PM #22
87grndntl

87grndntl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
87grndntl supports Team VICIOUS
and as far as cheating it will always happen and if you dont like it take up knitting
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM #23
ventvisor
Ice Cream Man

ventvisor plays in the APPA D4 division
I had the chance to play with AA guys once, and will get to again in the future. I must say there good guys and gals to play with. There willing to help out the less skilled(ME) and make it a good time. Of course, when it comes to game time, there more then willing to mow you down, but that's paintball. So anyway, I like AA, and I like the guys and gals that play for them. Lastly Gary has been great to deal with, and helpfull as well. My 1/2 cent!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 PM #24
87grndntl

it is very appreciated
Old 02-14-2008, 03:18 AM #25
autocockerlover
Insert witty comment.

ok boys and girls. This arguement over which indoor field is better happens in every MN thread that asks the question, "where should i play?" so i am going to try to set things straight in the most unbiased manner possible, even though i DO in fact work at Splat Ball Inc. My input here is as a player mostly, and some of my input will be from a ref's point of view. Here we go.

SBI: I am not ashamed to admit, from a player's perspective, that SBI's field deffinately lacks a lot of things. Symmitry, bunker placement, floor surfacing to name a few. We, the staff, try to be as accomidating, courteous, and helpful as possible and fill any requests by the customers if we are asked for something specific. I have heard the OWNER of SBI say on more than one occasion that he inetended SBI to cater to newer players and first timers. They dont care about the field layout or floor surface, they arer simply there to have a good time. They are our main customer base, so we try to satisfy their needs. We are VERY strong on safety. A goggle removal on field can result in a ejection from play for the rest of the day, as can a barrel cover violation in the staging area, where you put other players at risk. If field layout and the floor surface are going to bother you, this probly is not the place for you. We, as refs try to divide teams as evenly as possible during open play so every one has a good time. I play here almost every week, simply because i can get in for free because i work there. I probly would not pay to play here, i will admit i would probably spend my money one Air Assualt because i want a more competitive environment where i can improve my game. If you are a first timer or you dont play very often and you dont want to spend the entire day in the deadbox, then come to SBI a few times.

AAF: I have only been to AA five or six times in the last couple of years, but i have enjoyed each time i went. As a player, i was amazed by their field. The turf and field layout are always great. The refs were usually on the ball, but hey, its open play. people are always going to cheat, and as a ref during open play, i am not going to subject myself to 15+ bps to check a player during open play; its not worth the pain, lol. if you know someone is cheating, give them a few extra on the way out.... but dont nit-pick something so trivial during open play. If its during a tournament, fine, take it up with the refs when it happens. but just so you know, no one is going to do anything about cheating during an open play session past pulling the player from that game. so, back to AA. The staff seem pretty friendly, but i didnt talk to them much past getting my paint. The players there are mosly serious players. i didnt mingle too much with anyone there, as i was too busy getting ready to get back on the field. but you cannot judge an establishment based on its customers. it just makes no sense. If you want to play against serious competition, go to AA and you will always have a challenge. As a ref, i have noticed a few things that made me nervous when i went there. there are signs up on the doors which read something like "GOGGLES ON NO EXCEPTIONS" when you enter the room leading to the field. However, on more than one occasion, i saw players in that area without goggles and other players next to them without covers on their barrels. same goes on the field. refs without masks on, players without barrel covers at the same time. The referees should be an example of safety to the players, new or expierienced. the last thing paintball needs is another accident on the news to damage the fragile oppinion the general public has on our beloved sport. So i guess what im trying to say is that i believe AAF could be a little more strict on thier safety. But over all, as a player, i would spend my money on AAF. But then again, i am a serious player and i want to improve my game. if you dont plan on playing tournament paintball, then SBI may be more enjoyable expierence for you.

I hope this puts an end to this debate once and for all. (yeah, i know it wont....) Thanks to all those who support SBI. But dont judge AAF on a bad expierence (i know not all of you are). Many people jump to conclusions. I would say try both places and see which one you like. In the end, its up to you where you spend you dollars.

Play safe.
Viva la Nation!
Adam
Old 02-14-2008, 03:24 AM #26
underdog2987
superhero for hire

i think i am going to have to put my reading glasses one for this one . this cat just wasted 30 minutes of his life!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:25 AM #27
autocockerlover
Insert witty comment.

haha!

Lawl.

I hate you....

I am simply trying to better our sport! Can't we all just get along??
Old 02-14-2008, 06:21 AM #28
el pengo

has been a member for 10 years
el pengo plays in the PSP
el pengo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
el pengo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocockerlover View Post
haha!

Lawl.

I hate you....

I am simply trying to better our sport! Can't we all just get along??
No. We can't all get along, cause this isn't a sport--its an organized hate competition.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:33 PM #29
autocockerlover
Insert witty comment.

i dont hate anybody...

well, no one of any consequense, that is.

oh, and i know underdog personally, so i was joking when i said i hated him, JUST so everyone knows.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:30 PM #30
wbc2783

alright.... well i think my question might have been answered now. well maybe. ha ha. i haven't played for a couple of years and now have some time and money to actually play. so i will probably just go to sbi for this one time and see how it is and i will post on here what i think about it, so that everyone can know. i will be going on 2/22, so if anyone is going to be there hit me up. thanks everyone. adam, i will be seeing ya there, if your refin that day
Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM #31
autocockerlover
Insert witty comment.

if its a friday, i will proble be there, whether i am reffing or just playing.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:37 PM #32
cohenj87

cohenj87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mn_paintballer View Post
Hydro Checked? Are you serious. If you believe that your tank is out of hydro and you want it to blow up on you be my guest, asking AAP staff to personally inspect every tank that comes into the building is insane. That is a personal issue that you should be responsible for.
actually it is thier responsibility to check it. every other place i have ever been to checks it. staff at aap is lazy as can be thats why the refs do nothing and they have a self service air and no one checks hydros. just lazy.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 PM #33
underdog2987
superhero for hire

/\/\/\ the same thing goes down at sbi and i am sure in many places. quit being a baby about something so trivial. people should know their own hydro dates and should be held responsible for making sure they are in hydro.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:20 PM #34
el pengo

el pengo plays in the PSP
el pengo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
el pengo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenj87 View Post
actually it is thier responsibility to check it. every other place i have ever been to checks it. staff at aap is lazy as can be thats why the refs do nothing and they have a self service air and no one checks hydros. just lazy.
Honestly, can you please stop posting about things you know nothing about.

I've played at more fields than you ever will, played more events than you ever will, and have traveled across the United States playing paintball. I've had 2 places check my hydro. Is it the fields responsibility? Yes. Do most do it, hell no. Has anyone ever been hurt by an out of hydro HPA tank? NO. It is a non-issue.

The "just lazy" should refer to clowns like you that have done NOTHING and will never do ANYTHING for MN paintball.

The "just lazy" does not include Air Assault. Air Assault is MN's premiere field, producing the most successful teams the state has ever seen, and hosts the slickest events in the tri-state area.

So children, STFU. Stay off your Dad's computer and stick to telling lies to your friends about paintball.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:42 PM #35
underdog2987
superhero for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by el pengo View Post
Honestly, can you please stop posting about things you know nothing about.

I've played at more fields than you ever will, played more events than you ever will, and have traveled across the United States playing paintball. I've had 2 places check my hydro. Is it the fields responsibility? Yes. Do most do it, hell no. Has anyone ever been hurt by an out of hydro HPA tank? NO. It is a non-issue.

The "just lazy" should refer to clowns like you that have done NOTHING and will never do ANYTHING for MN paintball.

The "just lazy" does not include Air Assault. Air Assault is MN's premiere field, producing the most successful teams the state has ever seen, and hosts the slickest events in the tri-state area.

So children, STFU. Stay off your Dad's computer and stick to telling lies to your friends about paintball.

"all hail lord el pengo!"

Last edited by underdog2987 : 02-15-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:20 AM #36
autocockerlover
Insert witty comment.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

lawl.

"oh snap!"

lawl some more.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:00 AM #37
87grndntl

el pengo speaks the truf i have nt been to nearley as many fields as him but the ones i have been to (special forces northside aa sbi alamo and crossfire) have never once checked the hydro on any one of my tanks so that argument is invalid and like i said before if you dont like it take up knitting
Old 02-15-2008, 11:03 AM #38
87grndntl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc2783 View Post
alright.... well i think my question might have been answered now. well maybe. ha ha. i haven't played for a couple of years and now have some time and money to actually play. so i will probably just go to sbi for this one time and see how it is and i will post on here what i think about it, so that everyone can know. i will be going on 2/22, so if anyone is going to be there hit me up. thanks everyone. adam, i will be seeing ya there, if your refin that day
i will probobally be there as well i will either be shooting my pump a 2k2 timmy or a promaster
Old 02-15-2008, 12:53 PM #39
cockerpunk (Banned)

i prefer not to break my knees before im 35 years old, so i play at air assult when im in the cites.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:00 PM #40
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
We check Hydro at The AZ...
Old 02-15-2008, 01:52 PM #41
87grndntl

i have played there and never once have they checked my hydro
Old 02-15-2008, 02:42 PM #42
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Meh - you got one of our lazy commanders then, I know at least 6 people (that's both owners and 4 of the 6 commanders) who regularly check Hydros for players they don't know.
Closed Thread