PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:55 PM #1
wbc2783

Splatball indoor field questions

Ok. I haven't been to the splatball indoor field before and haven't heard about it to much because I haven't lived here for long. What kinds of play to they have there and why is it so expensive? Do they play anything besides speedball in there. How is the competition? I will be going 2 weeks from today, so I am just looking for a little info before going.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2008, 04:59 PM #2
87grndntl

87grndntl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
87grndntl supports Team VICIOUS
slippery floor bunkers are not spread out and its only speed ball and compaired to the other indoor field here it is very cheap
Old 02-08-2008, 04:59 PM #3
underdog2987
superhero for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc2783 View Post
Ok. I haven't been to the splatball indoor field before and haven't heard about it to much because I haven't lived here for long. What kinds of play to they have there and why is it so expensive? Do they play anything besides speedball in there. How is the competition? I will be going 2 weeks from today, so I am just looking for a little info before going.
only speedball, competition is usually beginner at best, rent isn't cheap, not worth the money. all you need to know
Old 02-08-2008, 05:08 PM #4
wbc2783

so where is a better place to go. i live in south st. paul and that is the closest place by far. well from what i know of
Old 02-08-2008, 05:16 PM #5
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You will get a mainly biased response... iow everyone's going to say Air Assault...

Depending on your situation and play style it may or may not be right for you. If you can get over the field itself, Splatball is a place for people. Time spent off the field is for tips and pointers and sharing last game stories. It's a friendly environment, I'd say more so than at AAF. I may not like the field as much as other places - but I'd like to be playing outside personally, and when it comes to indoor, I'd rather play with honest and personable players. As for Competition - meh to each his own. You've got a wide range of competition. I know of 2.5 teams that have been playing there that compete on the D4/D3 level. 1.5 of the teams practice at their home field, so during the winter, we're out having fun.

I suggest you play there before you write it off - if it's not for you then at least you know by experience, not by the words from the people with 'AAF' in their sigs or those that are biased towards the place. Of course, I'm biased against it, but that's a story of it's own.

Last edited by MN_Rising : 02-08-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:19 PM #6
wbc2783

ha ha alright thanks. ya i have been looking on here trying to figure it out. i have a couple buddies that haven't been there yet either, so i guess we will just all go and figure it out.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:27 PM #7
underdog2987
superhero for hire

if you are a little uncomfortable or feel scared about playing novice level players or higher then splatball is your only alternative during the winter, if not then dont waste your money. (bring pads!! you will need them)
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 PM #8
cohenj87

cohenj87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
air assault is ridicioulsly expensive and the refs are the worst i have ever seen anywhere so alot of people wipe which sucks. and there is no saftey there at all
Old 02-12-2008, 12:55 AM #9
el pengo

has been a member for 10 years
el pengo plays in the PSP
el pengo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
el pengo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenj87 View Post
air assault is ridicioulsly expensive and the refs are the worst i have ever seen anywhere so alot of people wipe which sucks. and there is no saftey there at all
What are you talking about?

It's ridiculous how you children post ignorant or outright wrong information.
AAP is the exact opposite of your above statement. Let new players play at the different fields and decide for themselves.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 AM #10
JTeigs10
Second place is death.

JTeigs10 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
AAP ridiculously expensive??

Taken from splatball's webpage (http://www.splatball.com/Play%20Paintball/WalkOn.htm)

Field Fee $20
2000 Paintballs $75
BYOP fee $15

AAP Prices:
Field Fee $15
2000 Paintballs $75

The only way you can consider Splatball cheaper than AAP is with the BYOP option.

But the level of play at AAP is superior to Splatball, and so is their field.
At AAP you get what you pay for, without a doubt. I have driven 3 and a half hours on more than one occasion this winter to play at AAP.

And cohenj, how is there no safety at all?? Ive been 100% satisfied with the safety precautions AAP staff has taken. There will always be stupid people who do stupid things... and you cant protect everyone from those ridiculously stupid people.

wbc: Try both fields out, you be the judge.

MN_Rising: notice that I dont have AAF in my sig....
Old 02-12-2008, 06:48 AM #11
Gopher49
Torn acl's suck

Gopher49 plays in the APPA D5 division
no matter what you do there is gonna be wiping when you play, it happens like it or not and it will happen in a tournament, so get used to it
Old 02-12-2008, 07:18 AM #12
underdog2987
superhero for hire

whats worse is that most players at splatball have no clue that they have hits on themselves. they might as well be cheaters, these hits are very obvious as well. in fact i have cought the same guy playing on 5 times in one night!! either way you will have to deal with that so that is negligible. air assault is way worth the money and splatball is not

p.s. nothing in my sig about aaf.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:37 AM #13
cohenj87

Quote:
Originally Posted by el pengo View Post
What are you talking about?

It's ridiculous how you children post ignorant or outright wrong information.
AAP is the exact opposite of your above statement. Let new players play at the different fields and decide for themselves.
ok go play at aa and tell me what you think. this guy obviously works there or is friends with the people who do. go on pbreview and youll see alot of people think the same. the refs do nothing. i got called out because they wouldnt clean the bunkers and i rubbed my hopper on it. they are horrible there. the field is great bad refs though and no saftey
Old 02-12-2008, 11:31 AM #14
JTeigs10
Second place is death.

JTeigs10 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
ok go play at aa and tell me what you think. this guy obviously works there or is friends with the people who do. go on pbreview and youll see alot of people think the same. the refs do nothing. i got called out because they wouldnt clean the bunkers and i rubbed my hopper on it. they are horrible there. the field is great bad refs though and no saftey
You are seriously going to base your opinion on a paintball field on their open play reffs?? I dont care if I get called out during open play.... boo hoo.

We have people complaining about the refs not pulling people and now cohen is complaining about being pulled. Make up your minds. And stop crying about open play.

And again, please explain how there is no safety. I have been 100% satisfied with the safety precautions at AAP.

Oh and I want to address MN_Rising one more time: Last time I was at AAP, a game came down to a 2v2... there was two gun fights going on and the guy I was fighting with informed me after the game that when i would tuck back into the bunker my elbow would flare out, he was a regular at AAP. An example of a tip/pointer from the regulars at AAP. Be nice to them, dont talk ****, and they will be helpful.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:53 AM #15
cohenj87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeigs10 View Post
You are seriously going to base your opinion on a paintball field on their open play reffs?? I dont care if I get called out during open play.... boo hoo.

We have people complaining about the refs not pulling people and now cohen is complaining about being pulled. Make up your minds. And stop crying about open play.

And again, please explain how there is no safety. I have been 100% satisfied with the safety precautions at AAP.

Oh and I want to address MN_Rising one more time: Last time I was at AAP, a game came down to a 2v2... there was two gun fights going on and the guy I was fighting with informed me after the game that when i would tuck back into the bunker my elbow would flare out, he was a regular at AAP. An example of a tip/pointer from the regulars at AAP. Be nice to them, dont talk ****, and they will be helpful.
ok well there is no saftey in all my times being there no one ever checked a hydro on a tank and i know of people who fill out of date tanks there next ive never seen anyone have thier fps checked ever. ya they have a chrono but no official ever checked mine or anyone elses guns. on top of that i see people walking around in the rest area with no barrel sock on with a tank and hopper on thier marker there is ever ball marks on the wall and even after that i saw people on the field with no mask on and he was talking to the ref who also had his mask off. this should never be allowed no matter what. so if you think it is a safe place to play go ahead and play there but remember you signed a waiver so they can be as unsafe as they want and not held responsible and they take full advantage off that.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:25 PM #16
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeigs10 View Post
I never said they don't offer any tips at all - but from the times I've played at both I've heard more tips and pointers, especially for the newer players, at Splatball. We take care of each other, if we see you doing something that you can work on, we'll point it out for you, whether it's keeping elbows in, or making sure to keep your gun up.

But that's based on my experiences there, as said previously.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:47 PM #17
Mn_paintballer

Mn_paintballer is a Professional paintball player
Mn_paintballer plays in the PSP
Mn_paintballer is an NCPA player
Mn_paintballer plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
no one ever checked a hydro on a tank and i know of people who fill out of date tanks there
Hydro Checked? Are you serious. If you believe that your tank is out of hydro and you want it to blow up on you be my guest, asking AAP staff to personally inspect every tank that comes into the building is insane. That is a personal issue that you should be responsible for.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:04 PM #18
el pengo

has been a member for 10 years
el pengo plays in the PSP
el pengo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
el pengo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
ok well there is no saftey in all my times being there no one ever checked a hydro on a tank and i know of people who fill out of date tanks there next ive never seen anyone have thier fps checked ever. ya they have a chrono but no official ever checked mine or anyone elses guns. on top of that i see people walking around in the rest area with no barrel sock on with a tank and hopper on thier marker there is ever ball marks on the wall and even after that i saw people on the field with no mask on and he was talking to the ref who also had his mask off. this should never be allowed no matter what. so if you think it is a safe place to play go ahead and play there but remember you signed a waiver so they can be as unsafe as they want and not held responsible and they take full advantage off that.
Heres an idea to solve the endless Splatball vs AAP crap.

The 5 best Splatball players will play the 5 of the best AAP players.

The loser will never type another thing about their respective field on the internet--EVER AGAIN.

And, to make it remotely interesting, the AAP guys--myself included--will shoot pump guns or cockers.

Up for it?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 PM #19
underdog2987
superhero for hire

Quote:

The loser will never type another thing about their respective field on the internet--EVER AGAIN.

And, to make it remotely interesting, the AAP guys--myself included--will shoot pump guns or cockers.

Up for it?
well the five best players at splatball play for team sinister and they love aaf more than splatball so it would be pointless...
Old 02-12-2008, 09:55 PM #20
paintballpimp314
I like food

Quote:

Up for it?

ahahh i want to see this. people stop trying to rip on air assualt, its a great field. Sure SOME people wipe but you get that every where you go. I heard bad stuff about aa when i started playing but i decided to go there and play and not base my opinion on what others said, and i am glad i did that. I LOVE going to aa. for 1. competetion 2. the sliding 3. for fun.

I also feel 100% safe at aaf.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:01 PM #21
87grndntl

87grndntl supports Team VICIOUS
i play for sinister and im not sure if underdog is refering to me or not but i know he is refering to my captain who prefers aap over sbi and he works there we only play at sbi because it IS CHEAPER WITH THE BYOP fee and he can play for free there case in point aap is an allout better field than sbi. sure the OPEN play ref staff sucks but hey its open play if you care that much then dont play rec and i have never once been to any field that checks hydro if some ones tank fails than thats their fault not the fields so over all aap is better quality play than sbi and the only way to get better is to play better players and with the people taking their mask off they probobally either were walking the field, had their barrel condoms on or werent holding the guns i know when i walk a filed i like to have my mask off and when im not playing and my gun is "safe" i take my mask off if im in no danger of losing and eye

Last edited by 87grndntl : 02-13-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Closed Thread