PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2008, 05:15 PM #22
Jebus Christ
Praise Jebus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBarrel View Post
Look at the game darkfall, pretty much that with better grapics. You can build cities there are NO levels there are NO classes, every spell and weapon is accessible to everyone, It is all skill based, pvp ANYWHERE, build a city and siege other cities, mounted combat, naval combat, it looks awesome.
I would love that but modern. Modern cities, modern vehicles, modern weapons.

"Originally posted by Ben-Oblivion : Jebus , You are full of win and flavr. I will never doubt your holyness again."

Vist my new tech Blog: www.brokemanstech.com
Jebus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2008, 06:38 PM #23
SniperSlayer (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDaBeast View Post
not $15 a month
dont play then, they dont need you.

Darkfall is far from the "perfect mmorpg" considering it's not out, and may never come out

As well darkfall will NEVER beat WoW now, Wow will never be beaten by a new game coming out, the only thing thats going to kill WoW is when it's run it's lifespan and people are no longer interested in playing it, as it has become dated, ie. Everquest
SniperSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:46 PM #24
Charlie_Boy (Banned)

I am really confused as to how people have stuck with WoW over the years....it's the same **** year after year. I got sick of it by the time I got to lvl 64 and now occasionally play this one guys druid.
Charlie_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:12 PM #25
x Lastoutlaw X

x Lastoutlaw X supports Cereal Killerz 2
x Lastoutlaw X owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x Lastoutlaw X supports Team VICIOUS
x Lastoutlaw X has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
eh, as long as your in a fun guild wow is fun. but if your a solo person on wow or hardcore raider, you get burned out easily.

blv
x Lastoutlaw X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:14 PM #26
Charlie_Boy (Banned)

I could never put enough time into it to do the cool stuff. But I mean, really, that shouldn't be necessary (me needing to put in real time).
Old 02-10-2008, 07:15 PM #27
x Lastoutlaw X

x Lastoutlaw X supports Cereal Killerz 2
x Lastoutlaw X owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x Lastoutlaw X supports Team VICIOUS
x Lastoutlaw X has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
i play maybe 5-10 hours a week and have full t5. you just got to play wisely or share your account with a friend.

blv
x Lastoutlaw X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:19 PM #28
GrimXtk
Smiles McGee

GrimXtk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GrimXtk is an NCPA player
GrimXtk plays in the APPA D4 division
Less of a grind

In WoW, we grind our 75k honor, only to have to do it in a few months for slightly better gear.

I think levels should be kept, but make it to where u could do start to finish in like a day perhaps, just to learn the class.

DONT make it to where if you die you lose things, because whats going to happen with that is total carebear fest and people trying to disconnect themselves before they get raped by the 30 other guys.

Alot of hybrid classes maybe? (So damage and healing is available to all, but some may be like 90% dmg/10% healing and another may be 95% healing and 10% damage)

Perhaps if there is raiding, once you kill a boss or something, everybody who was there for kill, gets like a key, and they can open up their own chest and buy what ever loot they want that the mob would have dropped otherwise. (so if you kill illidan, everybody gets w/e they want from him, and no need to farm him for the next 6 months)

Arenas are a nice thing, but maybe have shorter seasons for the rewards, but the next season, don't really add anything, just reset the ratings, and have more rewards (mounts/rings/trinkets/boots etc.), and then after the 3rd or so season (maybe 1season = 1month) then add maybe new gear for everybody to get.

Pretty much make it not so much a grind to get to a competitive level.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:46 PM #29
Charlie_Boy (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Lastoutlaw X View Post
i play maybe 5-10 hours a week and have full t5. you just got to play wisely or share your account with a friend.
Then I have to say you were just lucky, because the average person isn't going to have full T5. Or they were just trying to gear you up as fast as possible.

I'm just hateful towards big guilds DKP system, as well as my past guilds want for me to heal instead of DPS (shammy).
Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 PM #30
Wokaloo
XP!

Wokaloo is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Wokaloo supports Team VICIOUS
I don't play MMO's. Some of them are really pretty visually(like EVE) but that's as cool as it gets. All of them are so tedious they cease to be games, and turn into jobs.
Wokaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:54 PM #31
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
Then I have to say you were just lucky, because the average person isn't going to have full T5. Or they were just trying to gear you up as fast as possible.

I'm just hateful towards big guilds DKP system, as well as my past guilds want for me to heal instead of DPS (shammy).
you're either pro, or you're a noob. thats life
"Originally posted by WoW Poster: You "fixed" it four times last night. Now it's broken again. Seriously, you're as good at fixing things as an epileptic child putting together a puzzle with a flashlight going on in front of him.
"Originally posted by Spade914: Don't listen to them broseph, I feel fo ya. I just got this easy bake oven, and its confusing as **** too."

Fromage_redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 PM #32
GrimXtk
Smiles McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromage_redux View Post
troof!

Also yeah he pretty much nailed it, WoW to some has turned into a job.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:08 PM #33
hollywood (Banned)

A zombie MMO would be ungodly excellent. I'm thinking off of the top of my head and I've got so many good ideas . . .
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:19 PM #34
Charlie_Boy (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromage_redux View Post
Or.....you have a life and can't dedicate stupid amounts of time to a game, or you're a loser.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:35 PM #35
paintballbum
.ılıl.

paintballbum is a Supporting Member
i had full s2 playing 2-3hours a week, almost got glad too

wow is far from the best mmo, it sucks on so many levels but it's that way to appeal to the masses. so in sheer sales wow>all but other games are a lot better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSlayer View Post
dont play then, they dont need you.
I shouldn't pay for a game that makes me wait and hour to log on and wait 10-25mins to play 2v2 arena, thats ****ing stupid. I shouldn't have my experience handicapped because blizz didn't design the game correctly and is still collecting my money.

Last edited by paintballbum : 02-10-2008 at 10:38 PM.
paintballbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:47 PM #36
a nice bush (Banned)

Getting rid of linear content (aka instanced anything)
Easily made player towns

Player driven economy

Ability to do almost anything/everything

Amazing crafting system

IQ test before you are able to play

Make it so when you die you lose everything on you/a really harsh penalty (will keep ****tards from being half concious while playing and not wanting to die)

Truly customizable items/vehicles/ships/houses

To have a super server for certain zones so large pvp battles can take place (kinda like eve-o's 1000+ person battles cept as lagless as possible)

PVE that mixes pve with it (when you goto do a quest/mission your forced to interact with someone else which would make pretty much every mission unique/fun, one person has a mission to defend something, another person to attack the samething)

VEHICLES OF SOME SORT. Its what made planetside EPIC back before they gayed the hell out of it (way to go SOE) I can see this being a problem in games that take place in the lame elf periods with fagtards running around in leather/dresses but w/e

Not looking like a total POS when you first start. Thats the one thing I HATED about WoW. You looked like some hill billy with overalls for armor but endgame you look like some demon of awesomeness and all the armor you start out with is FUGLY

all my fried mind can think of right now

Quote:
wow is far from the best mmo, it sucks on so many levels but it's that way to appeal to the masses. so in sheer sales wow>all but other games are a lot better

I shouldn't pay for a game that makes me wait and hour to log on and wait 10-25mins to play 2v2 arena, thats ****ing stupid. I shouldn't have my experience handicapped because blizz didn't design the game correctly and is still collecting my money.
QFTMFT

Wow is the farthest thing from a good MMO there is. Wow is literally just a standard RPG that allows you to play with a bunch of other players. Its 100% linear. 100% instanced. You grind to get max level, you grind to get good gear, you grind to get honor by doing the same things over and over.

Not to mention their ****ty servers can barely handle 20k people...

Wow is trash, I cant believe people still play money to play...

IMO WoW is the most fail out of all MMORPGS:

Its linear
Doesn't have an ever changing enviroment/world based on what players do (untill the devs add more content )
It's all grind/doing the same things over and over
Everything is instanced
You have to wait in line to get in a server with only 20-25k people on it and your PAYING to play.

****, eve online hits over 35k with no wait times. and the learning curve is steep enough to keep 10 year olds out (literally)

Last edited by a nice bush : 02-10-2008 at 10:58 PM.
a nice bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:52 AM #37
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
Or.....you have a life and can't dedicate stupid amounts of time to a game, or you're a loser.
you're a noob. that's life.
"Originally posted by WoW Poster: You "fixed" it four times last night. Now it's broken again. Seriously, you're as good at fixing things as an epileptic child putting together a puzzle with a flashlight going on in front of him.
"Originally posted by Spade914: Don't listen to them broseph, I feel fo ya. I just got this easy bake oven, and its confusing as **** too."

Fromage_redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:14 PM #38
Idort (Banned)

Pokemon mmo

only mmo worth playing
Idort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 PM #39
GrimXtk
Smiles McGee

10 years ago, it would have probably been as big as wow no lie lol

Penalty for dieing is a bad idea as I said before imo

I mean even in Diablo II:LOD, once u leveling up, u have like a bajillion gold and gold was only used for repairing really. But when u died, people still hated getting gold taken. Thus creating a whole care bear enviroment. When u dont lose anything for dieing, people dont mind fighting, because there is nothing to lose.

Perhaps in RL terms, racing.
If you race, sure why not? If you lose you lose
If you lose something for dieing... you probably wont race, and if you do, and you lose ur ride, your pretty much gonna be like **** this and quit.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:53 AM #40
a nice bush (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimXtk View Post
10 years ago, it would have probably been as big as wow no lie lol

Penalty for dieing is a bad idea as I said before imo

I mean even in Diablo II:LOD, once u leveling up, u have like a bajillion gold and gold was only used for repairing really. But when u died, people still hated getting gold taken. Thus creating a whole care bear enviroment. When u dont lose anything for dieing, people dont mind fighting, because there is nothing to lose.

Perhaps in RL terms, racing.
If you race, sure why not? If you lose you lose
If you lose something for dieing... you probably wont race, and if you do, and you lose ur ride, your pretty much gonna be like **** this and quit.
further from the truth as you can get.

in eve online if your ship goes boom you gotta farm out money for a new one if you dont have a spare

but it makes pvp SO much more intense and fun.

Ive lost a ship worth about 1000-2000g in wow terms I guess you could say and got so pissed off, but the feeling you get when you jump in on a group of people that out number you bigtime is like "ohhhhh ****" and after winning its amazing.

its what makes the pvp so fun. everyone thats played it agrees.
a nice bush is offline   Reply With Quote