Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM #43
RavinX13
PewPewPew

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
RavinX13 is BST Trusted
RavinX13 plays in the APPA beginner division
RavinX13 supports Empire
I noticed someone said except for the OLED, is there something wrong with those. I was thinking of getting one for my UL'd PMR.
RavinX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2008, 06:18 PM #44
rmf680
Blibble Blabble

Tadao is the only way to go, ive owned two virtue boards (one for ion, one for dm4), and two dynasty boards (one for shocker, one for nerve)....as well as shooting many guns that contain both. Virtue and Tadao are both excellent boards that provide excellent cs but in the long run i believe Tadao boards have more potential, if you get your gun fine tuned to a science with a Tadao board it will more then outperform a fully tuned virtued gun.

www.punisherspb.com
^excellent paintball store^
rmf680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:03 PM #45
thecatonater
poop

thecatonater is playing at Living Legends III
thecatonater owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
yea i would deff. say Tadao cheaper for practically the same product.

im getting a tadao for my etek and i cant wait.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 PM #46
bryan j

tadao ftw
edit: look at the yakuza also they are great

Russian Legion fan #1011, Trauma fan #1508
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:43 PM #47
slowboogie

shot booth ..great companies..great boards.If you want to really change the complexion of your gun with a monster upgrade for just a little more "Jack" then Yakuza it...u get a GAT that previously had no OLED readout and a monster "engine" and some *****c'n grips...nuff siad
Old 05-30-2008, 05:42 PM #48
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 supports Team VICIOUS
Blackrain7557 is for the Gunfight
Blackrain7557 plays in the APPA beginner division
Yakuza is the best thing ever made, period, not eve sliced bread beats it, the board is awesome and i will never go back to a LED blinky board every again.

Programming is extremely easy, tells you exactly what is going on, very easy to read layout and very very nice setup on it.
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:59 PM #49
mtbrdude
**** Smart Parts

mtbrdude donated to help Peyton Trent
the yakuza board makes my pants tighter everytime i look at the OLED.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:25 PM #50
evilevo04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeko View Post
Another thing to consider is the battery connection. The tadao uses spring contacts in the UL Trauma Board. The virtue uses a normal battery harness. The spring contact should be more durable since there are no harness wires to break. I have a stock frame pm6 with Tadao M6 board and love it. Also have a trauma board on the way for my ul'd pm6.
I prefer a battery harness over a spring contact. I've had a brand new spring contact break on me right before a tourny, if it was a batery harness i could had repaced it and used it that day. and another one that was loose and i had to stick a o-ring under the battery just to make contact.

I prefer virtue in every gun, except any 4 eyed bob long gun

and virtue has free upgrades if you ever need them, while Tadao charges unless you are at a big event

Last edited by evilevo04 : 05-30-2008 at 10:28 PM.
evilevo04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:50 PM #51
BallerT
Planet Eclipse FTW!!

BallerT is a Supporting Member
BallerT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BallerT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tadao...

Jack Wood:
"And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less."

My Old Feedback

My New Feedback
BallerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:00 PM #52
dcentII (Banned)

all the same
get whatever they sell at your local shop for cheapest
dcentII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:20 PM #53
Calin

Calin is a Moderator
Calin is a Supporting Member
Calin donated to help Peyton Trent
Calin supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilevo04 View Post
I prefer a battery harness over a spring contact. I've had a brand new spring contact break on me right before a tourny, if it was a batery harness i could had repaced it and used it that day. and another one that was loose and i had to stick a o-ring under the battery just to make contact.

I prefer virtue in every gun, except any 4 eyed bob long gun

and virtue has free upgrades if you ever need them, while Tadao charges unless you are at a big event
Uninformed statement in regards to the last one. If you prefer wire harness to battery clip thats your decision and no one can really knock you for it.

Its the last statement. BOTH companies offer free upgrades(I'm only assuming about Virtue, I know for sure that Tadao does), this includes at Major events and not going to events at all. Tadao DOES charge you for return shipping, Virtue DOES charge you for return shipping as well. Both offer free upgrades so don't be mistaken about that, only difference is one states that they will charge you for the return shipping and the other one doesn't really(or maybe they do I just didn't see it). You already know which one of the two companies is upfront and lets you know about the return shipping charge.

The ONLY exception for Tadao is when they do a "software upgrade" to stock Proto (and the like) boards. Meaning you are only paying for the software update because they flash the stock DYE board, not to be confused with the Tadao board.

You can now recant your statment and say that you 'misunderstood' and was talking about something without fully understanding it.

Last edited by Calin : 06-03-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Calin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:32 PM #54
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calin View Post
Tadao DOES charge you for return shipping, Virtue DOES charge you for return shipping as well. Both offer free upgrades so don't be mistaken about that, only difference is one states that they will charge you for the return shipping and the other one doesn't really(or maybe they do I just didn't see it). You already know which one of the two companies is upfront and lets you know about the return shipping charge.
Advantage PB has always been one to do shady things like that. Look at the comparison chart on the Marq board's page. Buy a Virtue, according to their site, Tadao boards have one mode, arent PSP legal, cant be capped, and dont have a warranty or reflash guarantee

And lets never forget the Speedy2...

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck

2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
shishdisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:09 AM #55
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Without wanting to stray over the boundary of bashing Virtue, it is true that their comparison chart is based on comparing their product with an earlier version of the Tadao (which doesn't help matters) and some just appears plain wrong - like the no lifetime guarantee and no free upgrades, both of which Tadao offer. Is the guarantee as comprehensive as Virtues? Hard to say until you try and file a claim and find out if your problem is covered or not, but both are limited to some extent.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:17 AM #56
Nick Alder
Doesnt Care Anymore

Nick Alder is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeko View Post
Another thing to consider is the battery connection. The tadao uses spring contacts in the UL Trauma Board. The virtue uses a normal battery harness. The spring contact should be more durable since there are no harness wires to break. I have a stock frame pm6 with Tadao M6 board and love it. Also have a trauma board on the way for my ul'd pm6.
Virtue deos that simply to keep their boards working. What happens if you break off a prong..

You are mega-****ed if that happens. Where'as virtue sends you like 2-3 extra batt harnesses for just such an occasion
Nick Alder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:28 AM #57
nk707
2010 year of big sean

i got a tado in my marq and im going to virtue my pm8

keep that respect, give me my mother ****ing check- chip the ripper

"life is a tragedy to those who feel, and a comedy to those who think"
nk707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:53 PM #58
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Alder View Post
Virtue deos that simply to keep their boards working. What happens if you break off a prong..

You are mega-****ed if that happens. Where'as virtue sends you like 2-3 extra batt harnesses for just such an occasion
Admittedly, plugging in a new harness is easy and an almost instant fix (just how quickly can you pull out the old harness and plug in a new one?), but you aren't totally screwed if a spring steel battery contact comes off of a board - they can be soldered back on; just not something that you can fix on the spur of the moment.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:56 PM #59
paintballinguptexas (Banned)
That's what she said!!!!

well this was posted way back before the yakuza came out.....but now i am gonna go with tadao oled board.....and virtue is out of the question, i dont wanna be using the same brand board that upped ions have
paintballinguptexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:46 PM #60
evil_skater
---

Well I never owned a virtue board but I had a Tadeo Dyanasty board on my old shocker. I loved it, and now I'm getting the OLED board for my DM7.
Tadeo FTW!

Last edited by evil_skater : 06-08-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Don't worry about it
evil_skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:42 PM #61
Hammar

Best thing about tadao is the breakout modes... the tadao breakout modes are better than virtues one breakout mode. aside from that I like virtue better (i have one of each in different markers) and have owned a bunch of them.

Oh btw Tadao is only good if it's M7 or better Software, otherwise Virtue for sure.

Virtue is by far the most user friendly.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:46 PM #62
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

Annual Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammar View Post
Best thing about tadao is the breakout modes... the tadao breakout modes are better than virtues one breakout mode. aside from that I like virtue better (i have one of each in different markers) and have owned a bunch of them.

Oh btw Tadao is only good if it's M7 or better Software, otherwise Virtue for sure.

Virtue is by far the most user friendly.
I hope you are arent comparing LED - to oled lcd.... virtue doesn't hold a candle to tadao in anyway shape or form...
Old 06-10-2008, 12:04 AM #63
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
LED, OLED...gimmicks to sell boards. Each board functions the same when tuned properly. Both have awesome CS, both are great boards. I have a Virtue board in my PM7 and M8 in my Darq. They both never chop and rip as fast as my fingers can go. It all comes down to what gimmick are you gonna get sold on. Do you want the OLED? Buy tadao now or wait til Virtue comes out with theirs. Do you want 4C eye use (Use not compatability)? Get tadao. Bam it's on? get a virtue. Plug and play perfection? Get virtue. Other than that, the ILLEGAL modes shouldn't make a goddam difference.

Can you turn the gun on with both boards with ease?
Will the gun fire every time you pull the trigger?
Will it ever chop paint?
Does it have ABS?
Are the stock settings on both boards the best settings for the marker?
Are they ROF Cap/Fire mode compatable for every league on the planet?

I answer yes for every one of those questions, and those are the only questions I ask when looking at upgrading the engine of my guns. Everything else shouldn't matter.