PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2008, 12:45 AM #1
MinorThreat
Subtle like a T-Rex

has been a member for 10 years
Gas thru on Piranha?

So a friend purchased a piranha gTi off of ebay and of course it did not work. It does not recock. I have been scratching my head trying to figure out what is going on. The Blue O-ring seems good, the hammer and sear catch well, I removed the Tank O ring someone had stuck on front of the bolt and nothing seems to be working. It seems that the hammer hits the valve and simply stops. A little air is released and that is it, kinda like hititng a brick wall. I started paying attention to the gas-thru grip the piranha has and then started to wonder... do piranhas have gas thru grips or do they have a regulator stock? Every diagram I have seen shows a reg, not a gas thru grip. Am i Correct? If not any other ideas?
MinorThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2008, 05:36 AM #2
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
re:

a few things take a look at the pmi diagram on pmi web page start with the asa and valve guild and cup seal and spring.check to see if the cup seal guild is there,(small brass star) and that the valve in the right way.if they are then take out the blue or red spring that in the marker and place a stock spyder spring in.if someone has cut the spring to short a blowback on recock.on the back end of the marker if the volicity adjuster is cranked all the way in and crushing the spring error on firing the gun will happen.one the the last things to loo is an extra o-ring in the asa or your tank valve pin is not opening up fully in the marker asa.