Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-19-2003, 08:14 PM #22
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
In 1994 the Spyder was definitly a competitor in the high end paintball guns. Sure there where guns that cost more, but it filled the slot that is now filled by mags and cockers, that is the mid price and performance level.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:11 PM #23
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

That's right. Spyders, like all blowbacks of the era (save for the Mega-Z) were mid-range, not top of the line, and not competitors for the dominant tournament guns. Actually, at their low price Spyders were pretty much entry-level guns to begin with, and the low production costs and high volumes that Kingman USA was able to maintain is what is responsible for [u]all[u] blowback guns being so cheap and abundant today.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:46 PM #24
SNiPER FiRE 7
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hey dbailey like i said come to the armotech forum you !@#$ing pu$$y....come on, run your "know it all" mouth there...and i wasn't trying to get into a pissing contest with this H0M0. like someone once said before your "bling, bling" cockers havent changed a bit over there years of becoming..maybe yes the "bling, bling" pu$$y crap, b/c there manlyhood feels threatened...but i dont give a care what you think, or what you say...I know and every other armotech lover/owner/dealer knows that armotechs are the most rugged, work horses in paintball! So go ahead run your mouth some more, but when it comes down to backing it up, you couldnt...i'll state this again "thats why you flame on the internet" You my friend are the moron. you know what, i think im gonna have to find out where you live and tell my "daddy" and he will personally come rip your @$$ apart....cuz hes sitting right beside me..hes says a real man wouldnt pick on minor who looks up to military personel. he personally wants to meet you.

so you wanna back it up pu$$y...whats your address? come on big man...where do you live. and since you act like you know it all, come to the armotech forum and explain your thoughts about armotech to us..unless your a coward..

but hey armo people that dont like this guy either, dont pay attention to him...kick back and relax, and have a good laugh at this idiot's comments. i mean he doesnt know what hes talking about. I think hes a repressed homo, or hasnt gotten a peice in a VERY, VERRRRY long time....dbailey it's alright bud, we all have our ups and downs about certain things..cheer up bud, cuz soon your gonna be in the hospital with pretty nurses, then your chances might go up...look at it that way.

Last edited by SNiPER FiRE 7 : 06-20-2003 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:13 PM #25
Masterjts

dbailey2121, you know nothing with it comes to armotech. the only thing you are doing is show how creditless you are to the paintball community.

ALL blowback guns are for the most part the same. they all have the same basic features and the like. does that make them all the same? no it does not. and if you think it does you are an idiot and a waste of my time.

armotech is a new company, and i will give you the fact that some of their guns have problems, but they are working on them. the wg65 is, in my opinion, one of the best quality blowbacks out there and it comes with a very nice barrel that i would place at the same quality of an all american.

as for the milsim being bad for paintball? well thats your bias opinion and i dont remember anyone asking you for your opinion. i personaly think you have it backwards but that is MY opinion. so until someone acknowledges the fact that anyone gives a damn about your ****ing bias opinion i advise you to keep it to yourself!

6 years? wow that still doesnt help the fact that your an idiot struggleing to find an argument about a company's gun you dont have. in my book that makes you a worthless POS. oh.. you shot it a couple times... hardly a good excuse to attack a company.

so this is me giveing you the finger, and placeing you on ignore.

have a good day.

i advise everyone else who reads this to disreguard everything dbailey2121 has said. if you want to know more about armotech's guns either find someone who will let you shoot it or ask someone who HAS ONE. not some bias hypocrite with an agenda.

i will be more then happen to help anyone who wishes to know more about this line of product as long as they have an open mind and a willingness to listen.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:19 AM #26
pony5oh

dbailey; what makes an armotech worse than what you shoot? And why do you refer to it as a copy of a pmi-3? I think your just wanting attention, and wanting to take it away from a product that is growing faster than you can know...
laters
Old 06-23-2003, 08:21 AM #27
SNiPER FiRE 7

thanks masterjts you send it all right...Justice feels great.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:33 AM #28
dbailey2121

haha you all are a bunch of fools and tools. Sniper I have forwarded your theats to the local police who will be contacting pbnation then they will be contacting the FBI to put you and your father in jail. I am sure that you will make a nice living in cigs as someone's b!tch. Also if you all were not afraid of what I had to say you would not flame so so much. People here me speak the ArmoCrap guns are NO good. And also I am pretty sure that I can eat any of you noobs alive on the paintball field. By the time you pull your heads out of your a$$ I would have bunkered you
Old 06-23-2003, 09:43 AM #29
SNiPER FiRE 7

im really sure you have the FBI after me..psssssh whatever dude..god you talk so much crap, and were not flaminf you, we're defending armotech and mil sim...your the one flaming. and my dad has nothing to do with it, the whole "he was sitting beside me" thing was a load of crap...but if he found out about you he would do everything i said..trust me you wouldnt want that..

LOL this is like elementary school crap:
My dad can beat up your dad....lol god
but all i'd need to say is my mom can beat up your dad..or something like that anyway im out...have fun dbailey2121..loser
Old 06-23-2003, 10:18 AM #30
Heebs (Banned)
KOREA!

Wow... I just happened to come in here... Talk about a penis length competition. Whoever says armotech is crap, they have had problems, I know because I was going to buy one (but I love pumps so much more). Does that mean they are total crap? No. It means they are a small company working the bugs out. Take any company and trace back to its early days, their guns sucked because they didnt work out all the kinks. Simple, you release a product and improve on it. Give them a year and see what they come up with.

Would tourny ball be here without woodsball? No. Plain and simple, more people play rec and woodsy games than they do tournys. Tourny ball does gives paintball more publicity, and parents are concerned about this whole para military look to things. Its up to each individual player to educate the general ignorant public.

Peace.

Heebs
Old 06-25-2003, 04:29 AM #31
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

Quote:
People here me speak the ArmoCrap guns are NO good
You seem to have ever so cleverly managed to avoid my challenge to give me unbiased technical proof as to why they are so unworthy of even a single complement. Perhaps your soapbox wouldn't sink so fast if you had some facts to throw in with all the mud you're slinging.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:11 AM #32
dbailey2121

how many times do I have to say thing but it is a VM-68 wrapped in plastic. If you have ever fixed thease guns you know that they are not A) easy to fix B) reliable and c) all that accurate. A spyder with a nice barrel will out shoot a VM-68 any day and be more reliable
Old 06-25-2003, 12:12 PM #33
Masterjts

explain exactly how they are not A) easy to fix B) reliable and c) all that accurate and then maybe just then ill consider what you have to say... but considering i own one and it our performes my spyder tl+ ill still know your full of ****.

but please at least attempt to back up your statements, i need a good laugh today.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:27 PM #34
bunkermonkey76

c'mon guys, 2 of ya'll are in the armed forces- and the youth of amrica including myself is supposed to look up to you guys! give us a good, mature example to follow at least- pleez! I don't personally beleive Armotech is copying anyone, they are just trying to supply paintballers with the equipment they want at prices they can afford: It has already been mentioned that the Zeus has better internals and construction but ALSO: consider the prices of the Xtreme & Enforcer compared to the Zeus- the zeus got 'em there too... Armotech obviously could'nt have copied much to make it better AND more economical... the only problem I have with the Zeus is the clip... The enforcer clip seemed to be able to stay on better: mine pops up after 4 repeated shots. I can't really post an opinion on any of their other markers as I know I lack any knowledge on them at all
Old 06-25-2003, 01:36 PM #35
ridestahoe

Armtoech had a lot of issues with the WG-75 which is a HK mp5 look alike. That line has been discontinued and will be re-released as the wg-85.

I own a lot of paintball markers Bob Long, Tippmann, I have and old PMI III, one of the original Pmi Pirahnas, a PT Extreme, Zeus, WG-75, and a few WG-65s. Yes I own a few markers. My favorite one to shoot is the WG-75 then its the WG-65. How many people here have actually shot an Armotech? I have shot most makes and models out there and I like how the Armos fire. The only marker that has ever let me down is the PT Extreme what a hunk of junk.

I mix up my day with my Bob Long and My Armos none of them have ever given me issues.

This applies to any paintball marker; if you have never held it, seen it in person, or fired it you really can't form an opinion on it.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:42 PM #36
Heebs (Banned)
KOREA!

"I know and every other armotech lover/owner/dealer knows that armotechs are the most rugged, work horses in paintball! "

Actually tippmans are...

Heebs
Old 06-25-2003, 10:19 PM #37
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

You could use a VM-68 as a hammer to drive Tippmanns into a petrified oak tree and the VM would still shoot when you're done.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:27 AM #38
Masterjts

actualy the soft metal that makes up the wargame line of armotech guns would flatten long long before a tippy would cave.

tippmanns are probably the most rugged guns out there... thats not saying i like how they fire but the stock 98c can take one hell of a beating and till fire just like new... but if you know how a 98c fires brand new then you know thats not saying much
Old 06-26-2003, 04:18 AM #39
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

I can say that on an internal level, the Armotech is nothing special. Any blowback will share the same basic components. However, the question was why is a blowback so inferior? Want to know the only real measurable problem? Consistancy in velocity. Blowbacks just aren't as capable of getting consistant velocity like the higher end guns are (Any cocker for example). They also have a lower theoritical rate of fire (that is how fast the gun can cycle). But as this rate even for a spyder is faster than a hopper can feed or you can pull the trigger unassisted it is unimportant.

Neither of these issues makes the gun worthless, nor do they give you a measurable disadvanatage when the paint is actually being exchanged. Velocity jumps of 5-8 FPS mean that you will have a 1.5 or 2 inch wider grouping at 60 feet than if your velocity jumped 1-3 fps. At that range paintballs lose much of their effectiveness anyway due to the loss of velocity and the like.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:27 AM #40
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

And in regards to the price of the gun, I would have to say that if I weren't "wrapped in plastic" then they would not be worth the hefty price tag. However, because of the significant cosmetic enhancements (or blemishes if you choose to see it that way) you have to expect to pay more. People pay money all the time in paintball just to make their gun look better without regards to performance enhancements. For example, the spanky bodies for the cocker. These things cost $300+ and do nothing to improve performance. There are a plethora of other products out there that do essentially the same thing, only they cater to a different group of players.

Armotech makes markers for a specilized market segment, specifically the rec and scenario players out there. These people could care less that their gun operates at a much higher pressure than a Matrix, or that it's less gas effecient or what have you. They play for the fun of the game and don't see why they should spend extra money on a marker that has a THEORICAL advantage over others, when they could buy an armotech, be happy with the peformance, and actually want the cosmetic details. Then there is the fact that they can get them for about the same price as an A-5, which makes them good for players on a budget.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:09 AM #41
Crog075
Banned

With dbailey2121's grammar skill as good as a school child, I yet to take dbailey2121's as an adult. He says he was in the army, yet, he does not even know how to use a PERIOD. In conclusion, dbailey2121 is a 10 year old who got bunkered by an armotech gun. It's people like dbailey2121 that don't deserve to live. If he should to die tomorrow, I doubt that anyone should care. He deserves to die right now.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:11 AM #42
Crog075
Banned

After reading more replies, I doubt dbailey2121 was really in the army, if God-Forbid he is an adult. But, if he was in the army, we all know he was just a mail carrier or the "*****" of all the other soldiers.