PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-05-2008, 09:16 PM #1
RiPeM
:dodgy:

nile......

Nile fans, explain why you like nile. I've been watching 'papyrus' over and over and the only part that i can honestly say i like is the chours, its the magical moment where the drummers tourretes are temporarily stopped, the guitars become audible, and the singer actually goes with the song. I do not enjoy the insanely fast blast beats the drummer plays during the verses. I do respect the speed, but that kinda repetition makes me not want to give that subgenre of "extreme" metal a chance.

I also listened to sacrifice for a little bit(my comp is not a fan of youtube, b/c of dial up). Sacrifice wasn't too bad, well at least, the beginning. I like the drummers style when he plays slow. When he plays fast it just kinda runs together and doesn't sound good for the song. When I can hear the guitarists, i do like the riffs. And also, from this video, i no longer passionately hate the vocalist. In papyrus, with him being bald, he looks so ****ing annoying. I think I like sacrifice more because hes got hair and doesn't look like a douche.

Ok, well, I hope you metalheads can respect(its not gonna happen, i know) my opinion. I don't really want to hate this band. Maybe its just the way the sound is setup for them. I like krisiun, they play very similar to nile, but that just might be because all "extreme" metal sounds the same to me, (don't take offense), it sounds like JFAC, good segments of songs, but totally unorganized song structure. Lets the discussion(aka flaming the poster) begin.
RiPeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2008, 09:24 PM #2
Strange1130
FTW

has been a member for 10 years
Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
you might also try necrophagist
they're slightly different but have the same feel about them
also the song "papyrus containing the spell to preserve from he who is in the water" is a pretty good song by them
and try getting the real version of the song because its probably gonna be easier to hear than the youtube version

edit: my stupid friend was on my account. *changes password*

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."

Last edited by Strange1130 : 02-05-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Strange1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:27 PM #3
MtL1504 (Banned)
=^_^=

"Papyrus..." was probably one of the worst songs on Ithyphallic imo.

Lashed to the Slave Stick is probably the most accessible (sp?) song by Nile.

As He Creates So He Destroys, Execration Text, and The Burning Pits of the Duat are probably my favorites by them.

Death metal is an acquired taste.
MtL1504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:35 PM #4
bizkitfan601

bizkitfan601 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bizkitfan601 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Lashed to the Slave Stick
The Essential Salts
Sacrifice Unto Sebek

My favorite Nile songs.

"I wonder if there is such a thing in nature as a fat mind? I really think I have met with one or two: minds which could not keep up with the slowest trot in conversation; could not jump over a logical fence to save their lives; always got stuck fast in a narrow argument; and, in short, were fit for nothing but to waddle helplessly through the world"
bizkitfan601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:53 PM #5
CAHunter3
Captain America

Yeah I got some Nile on my iPod from my stepdad's hard drive.

Never was a big death metal fan. I'll stick to speed/thrash/power.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:04 PM #6
juice_88
Icarus

I always wonder why the regulars stick to the metal thread, then when another post is made about metal they all come out of the woodworks. It's confusing.

I find that Nile is hit or miss. Ithyphallic is really good, I like most of their songs. None of them have random song structure though. They're actually extremely talented musicians, every one of them. They definitely don't sound like JFAC though

Listen to juck's suggestions. They're all great.

Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:44 PM #7
RiPeM

I've just foudn that a lot of these extreme death metal bands have weird song structures that are hard to follow. I like lamb of god, if that tells you anything about how i like predictable songs. All their songs flow well, and the way the riffs go together is just perfect to me. Maybe another thing I don't neccessarily like about a lot of todays metal bands is that they use so many different riffs in a song, when they could stick to a few good riffs and play them right. They change from one thing into another and don't repeat a lot of stuff. And pig squeals.....just retarded, to imitate an unkosher barn animal, just doesn't seem like music to me. Maybe I'm not really griping about nile anymore.......I do like listening to these types of bands that can play a nice tune, but thats it....i pretty much block every other band member out to hear one speck of gold that has been **** on.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:49 PM #8
juice_88
Icarus

You won't find many GOOD metal bands that use pig squeals. Drop by the metal thread, you'll learn a thing or two. Memorize the front page while you're at it, tremendous resource.

Darker Qorners
Old 02-07-2008, 05:37 PM #9
RiPeM

ya i checked that out the first time i saw it, some good bands on the front page, arch enemy, slayer, amon amarth, mastodon. I should go buy another mastodon album....
Old 02-07-2008, 05:46 PM #10
juice_88
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiPeM View Post
mastodon. I should go buy another mastodon album....

Darker Qorners
Old 02-07-2008, 05:54 PM #11
SadisticIdiot001

Listen to:

Arsis
Atheist
Augury
Cynic
Death
Edge Of Sanity