PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2008, 11:49 PM #1
chase4556
Please Excuse my spelling

has been a member for 10 years
Monster Jam, Houston, Texas

Well guys, this weekend was Monster Jam here in Houston, Texas. I work at a hobby shop called Randy's Hobbies, and we had the T-maxx monster truck come out to the shop for people to see.

So, here is the story. It just so happened, Sudden Impact, the brother truck of T-maxx was going to another showing and they needed someone to stay with the truck and answer questions because the driver was coming back to stay at our shop with the driver of T-maxx. So, I was elected. Yep, got to stand out there with a pit crew shirt on and BS my way through answering peoples questions.

So, due to doing this, I got a pit crew pass to monster jam, and Randy Rich, the shop owner, and I were going to run our RC cars during the show out on the floor.

Well, I only have an old POS t-maxx. So, I brought my trusty Inferno GT along(its a 1/8th scale on-road). I raised the suspension all the way up, had foams on it, and just hoped for the best. The foams hooked up OK on the packed dirt, and the car was hauling some serious butt. Took it off the ground about 7 times, flying about 40 feet across the floor each time. First jump, the body caught air and ripped off my rear body mounts. Took the body off, and kept running. After a few more, had a bad landing. Broke my rear shock tower and bent both center drive dogs.

Moral of the story: The Inferno GT is Monster Jam bash approved.

just thought i'd share... and if you were by chance there and saw us running, I was out in a Blue and White stripped polo shirt.

10-2-2006: Live Water Hole in Africa
chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement