Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2008, 03:26 PM #1
pumper_cocker

i have a problem with my karnivor pump.

when i put the ball in through the feedneck and then pump it, the ball will just roll out. so i tighted the detent and it wouldnt fire but more than 3 feet. is it supposed to roll out? im new to pb
pumper_cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2008, 03:40 PM #2
jamesert

The paint is falling out because it is not matched with the barrell. You are shooting a small diameter paint with a larger diameter bore on your barrell. Hence it just rolls out.

The detents have nothing to do with holding the ball in your marker once the slide is pushed forward. Once you do this the ball is past the detents and then you are relying on your barrel/s and sizers.

Last edited by jamesert : 02-03-2008 at 03:47 PM.
jamesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:45 PM #3
thejayare

On closed-bolt pumps like your Karni, a detent prevents double feeds, not roll outs. Your problem is that your paint is smaller than your barrel. Paint sizes vary ever so slightly. You can fix the issue by buying a barrel kit like a Smart Parts Freak, or a Python compression system, or Empire kit, etc. You can send your barrel to Palmer Pursuit Shop where they can wedgit your barrel. Or you can go the cheapo quickie route and put a piece of electrical tape inside the end of the barrel, or even a couple drops of nail polish.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:44 PM #4
nativeguns

just get a good sizer barrel. that will solve your problem. check out and compare prices.
nativeguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:23 PM #5
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Get a barrel kit for your gun and match your paint to bore.

You will know when your paint is matched to its bore when you put a paintball in the end of it and it stays in place, but you can blow it thorough easily.

If you can't blow it through easily then it's too large, use a smaller paint or a larger bore barrel. If it rolls down the barrel at all then you need to use a larger paintball or use a smaller bore.

As stated above, in closed bolt markers the detent, if there is one, is only there to prevent double feeds, the bolt pushes the ball past the detent and into the barrel when you push the pump forward.

I'd recommen Marballizer paintballs for your Karnivor. IIRC, the stock barrel is .689, Marballizers would fit perfectly in that barrel.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:26 AM #6
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
An important thing to remember is that not all paint is similarly sized, even if it is of the same brand name and line name.

That said, a barrel kit or wedgits or a few pieces of tape or some nail polish just may do the trick.
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:22 PM #7
tigwldr
Chaos

Annual Supporting Member
tigwldr is a Supporting Member
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
if you don't have the money to buy a barrel sizer or kit. The nail poilsh trick works well to get you by for a while.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 AM #8
SBPA5

I have noticed a trend in the Karni pumps recently, both mine and my friends had issues with the detent when it first came from WGP. The detent was very loose when taken out of the box, but the gun pumped smoothly. Once you actually tighten the detent down just enough for it to be snug, the pump action on the gun becomes jammed up and not smooth. Im not sure if its something with the detents or what from WGP, but the only way i could get it to pump smoothly with the detent on the gun was to put teflon tape on the threads and screw the detent in just enough to get smooth pumping action while having the detent in place with teflon tape.

Just thought you might have the same issue.
SBPA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:30 PM #9
jmoney17

actually,you all are wrong. When you get a brand new gun like a pump it dosent come with the vlocity turned up. I had the same problem. the vlocity is all the way down when they ship it to you so you have to turn it up.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:18 PM #10
3DSteve
Total Greif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney17 View Post
actually,you all are wrong.
yeah...geez
Art of Pump CPX
3DSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:33 PM #11
shoot2thrillpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney17 View Post
actually,you all are wrong. When you get a brand new gun like a pump it dosent come with the vlocity turned up. I had the same problem. the vlocity is all the way down when they ship it to you so you have to turn it up.
yea low velocity is causing his rollouts........

you're retarded
shoot2thrillpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 PM #12
sapdawg11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2thrillpb View Post
yea low velocity is causing his rollouts........

you're retarded
that cracked me up. thanks
sapdawg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:42 PM #13
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBPA5 View Post
I have noticed a trend in the Karni pumps recently, both mine and my friends had issues with the detent when it first came from WGP. The detent was very loose when taken out of the box, but the gun pumped smoothly. Once you actually tighten the detent down just enough for it to be snug, the pump action on the gun becomes jammed up and not smooth. Im not sure if its something with the detents or what from WGP, but the only way i could get it to pump smoothly with the detent on the gun was to put teflon tape on the threads and screw the detent in just enough to get smooth pumping action while having the detent in place with teflon tape.
Just thought you might have the same issue.
Or just use a tiny o-ring on the ball detent.

DA
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote