Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2008, 05:15 PM #1
juveg7fly

07 EGO, What board is best??????

I just bought an 07 ego and I'm thinking about buying a board for it. Initially I was debating on a Virtur or Tadao. But, I've actually seen a lot of good reviews for hater boards as well. If you were in my shoe's. What board would you buy, Tadao, Virtue, Hater or Kila Vibe board? Please give me some feedback or comparison's to help me make my a well informed decision.

Last edited by juveg7fly : 01-31-2008 at 05:20 PM.
juveg7fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2008, 05:30 PM #2
jonasman
Touch

jonasman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jonasman is Boss
there isnt really a "best" board, i have an 07 and ive kept the stock board, as long as it can shoot about 15+bps then ur good. But if i was to buy another board it would either be a Tadao or a virtue, just from past experience
jonasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM #3
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
Virtue or stock, but the stock board is pretty good form what I've seen.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:04 AM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
If you just need semi and ramping, no NXL or any recreational modes, then there really isn't any need to change from the stock board. With custom ramping settings, full rate of fire adjustment to the nearest 0.1bps, loads of debounce options for semi, plus all the added LCD options (game timer, BPS counter, shot counter, graphic battery meter, comprehensive eye signals, etc.) there's really not a lot more that you need.

If I were to buy a board for my Ego7 (as I probably will, just for the added modes), I would personally wait a little longer, and get the Tadao Yakuza board.

It doesn't have all the "Gee Whiz" added features of the stock board, but it has the OLED screen for easy programming, does have a rate fire counter or game timer, graphic battery meter, eye signals, plus all the modes that you would expect from a high-end board.

An LCD or OLED screen is hardly essential of course - there's lots of good boards that do just fine with a multi-colour LED for feedback, and people get on just fine with them - but a graphic screen is very convenient, and allows easy programming even without the manual to refer to. Also, owning a couple od Tadao M7 board, and liking them a lot, I trust Tadao to make a good board.

Obviously, if you would like to use a HALO with Symbio board, then your option is clear - buy the Hater board combo.

Virtue are good boards, but to my mind overpriced for what you get, and I can't say that I have noticed any improvement in trigger response or eye logic over other high-end boards. If you don't want the added expense of the Tadao Yakuza board, then I would personally take the Tadao M7 board over the Virtue. It's very much down to what you need from a board, but the Tadao M7 firmware offers everything I want, for a little less than the cost of the Virtue board.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:35 AM #5
RHChan84
You Suck At Life! QUIT!!!

RHChan84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Stock Ego boards are great. No need to upgrade them.
RHChan84 is offline   Reply With Quote