Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 03:57 PM #22
Mosati
Lithic
 
Mosati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newtown, PA
I've been curious as to why they haven't tried small scale attacks. Street murder, hijack a bus, shoot someone outside of the pentagon again, something. You don't need to kill three thousand people to make your presence known.

That **** can't be stopped; we'd legislate ourselves in to the ground.
__________________
PM6
2k1 Impulse
Ion

Last edited by Mosati : 01-31-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Mosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2008, 04:01 PM #23
phazeshifter
☠Resist☠
 
phazeshifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Dirty Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosati View Post
I've been curious as to why they haven't tried small scale attacks. Street murder, hijack a bus, shoot someone outside of the pentagon again, something. You don't need to kill three thousand people to make your presence known.

That **** can't be stopped; we'd legislate ourselves in to the ground.
Especially the way our government run media will cream themselves covering the story.

Remember, in times of conflict all for-profit media
repeats the ruling party's information, therefore all
for-profit media is state-run.
phazeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:06 PM #24
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
If we were practical we would get the government out of airline security so pilots could arm themselves against any aggressors, thus forever preventing 911 from ever happening again. But no, our government decided it would be way more practical to rebuild two countries in the region the hijackers were from and let the guy responsible for 911 run free.
Only problem with this is the fact that there are plenty of ways to attack besides through the use of airplanes. I think most people on this forum are aware that I think getting into Iraq was a horrible idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_manbot_revenge View Post
The US is always under the threat of an attack, however we don't need to jump at every person who comes out of the woodwork and says boo. There are numerous things vastly more important than the threat of terrorism or the war on terror.
I'm just saying that Bin Laden still has power and just brushing him off as some sort of loony in a hole is frankly stupid. I'm not saying to fear him, but more to consider what he has to say.

And national security is a very important issue, I don't believe that this administration's course of action is benefiting it, but nevertheless.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:09 PM #25
JcKa
post-Hipster
 
JcKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UVM/DC
Hasn't Bin Laden been releasing material for the last 6 months? Oh, and new emoticons!
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:10 PM #26
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
Only problem with this is the fact that there are plenty of ways to attack besides through the use of airplanes. I think most people on this forum are aware that I think getting into Iraq was a horrible idea.
We should address the ways they can attack. Rebuilding nations is doing nothing to keep us from being attacked other than instigate others to do the same.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM #27
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
We should address the ways they can attack. Rebuilding nations is doing nothing to keep us from being attacked other than instigate others to do the same.
Instability both political and economic breeds terrorism. At this point I believe that we should listen to the Iraqi and Afghanistan governments and retain our presence so long as those governments deem it necessary.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:27 PM #28
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Well I'm going to have to half disagree with you there. Iraq and Afghanistan were pretty stable when 911 occurred. While it might play some part, I'd say the biggest cause of terrorism is foreign occupation, and that was the case for 911. About what we should do now, we should listen to what Iraq and Afghanistan have to say, but ultimately the government is obligated to the American people. If it is not in our best interests to stay, we should leave.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:27 PM #29
Nsanepig11
سيخ
 
Nsanepig11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida/Maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup air balla' View Post
I saw something like this on the news that Iran was counterfitting money into our economy to bring it down.
wasn't that that the plot of one of the Rush Hour movies?
__________________
Orange Nasty Shocker
"[Paintball Adventure Park players are] the forgotten ballers from another planet in the wilds of Maryland." -Todd Martinez
www.paintballwholesalers.com
12-28-05 Carl Richie Valentine lll will live forever within' our hearts
Electronic Music Discussion Thread
Feedback:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=864214
Nsanepig11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:40 PM #30
Danegerous
is dangerous
 
Danegerous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia and Texas
Danegerous helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
If we were practical we would get the government out of airline security so pilots could arm themselves against any aggressors, thus forever preventing 911 from ever happening again. But no, our government decided it would be way more practical to rebuild two countries in the region the hijackers were from and let the guy responsible for 911 run free.
I can't believe that you are serious. Reading assignment to educate you so you won't make any other stupid comments that are blatantly false:

First In, which tells the story of the first CIA team to enter afghanistan that set up the groundwork for all forces to follow.
Jawbreaker, the second CIA team that was the intelligence of the northern alliance in Afghanistan, that fought against the Taliban and pursued Bin Laden.

You really are insulting when you say that we "let the guy responsible run free."
__________________
Texas A&M Corps of Cadets
USAF
Danegerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:49 PM #31
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Are we still pursuing Bin Laden? No. We were at one point, but now we're not, hence we "let him run free".

Interesting sidenote (you might already know): Michael Scheuer, former head of the Bin Laden unit of the CIA (which no longer exists), supports my position that foreign occupation is the root cause of terrorism.

The US government did not make it their top priority to bring him to justice. They've "moved on" to other things like nation building, and thats a disgrace in my book.

BTW, don't ever say "we". "We" are not responsible, our government's policy makers are, and they are the ones who failed, not us or the soldiers.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"

Last edited by Animalm0ther3 : 01-31-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:38 PM #32
rygaff11
 
 
rygaff11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockingTheIon70 View Post
Our culture and our alliance with Israel brought up quite a bit of dislike. Israel is the largest recipient of this country's foreign aid, as you probably know. Israel uses this "aid" to develop weapons technologies to blow up Palestinian school children.

You see, Israel basically came and took half of Palestine's country, and established themselves as a Jewish state. This claim was made legitimate by a mainly US controlled UN.

If I was living in an Arabic country and forced out of my home, I would be dissatisfied with the country who wholeheartedly sponsors it, to say the least.

.

If you dont know what your talkign about dont post in a condesending manner and pretend that you do.

Al Queda was founded by Bin Laden during the latter part of the soviet war in afganastan. A small portion of the Muhadeen fighters were Arabs (afganis are not arabs) These arabs were financed by wealthy individuals largly located in whats refered to today as "the middle east" as well as north africa (sudan mostly) A leader who rose through the ranks of these arab fighters was Osama Bin Ladin, a young man upset with the worlds superpowers insertign western influince into what he beleived should reman an fundimental islamic country. years pass blah blah blah. Sadam is massing on the southwestern region of Iraq and has already invaded the nation of kuwait. Osama offers to protect his counrty of origin, and give the saudi royal family the aid of his Muhadeen fighters and the network they had developed (bin ladin, alogn with the rest of the arab world hates sadam nearly as much as they do the US). The Saudi family instead invites the united states to defend the northern oil fields, along with the rest of the nation. The united states defeats sadam however they maintain permenant bases in saudi arabia.

Bin Ladin is outraged by the fact that these "infidels' are allowed to remain on holy soil and corrupt the people. blah blah blah years pass.. embassys and a ship are bombed binladin is targeted with bombs by the US while hes in Sudan and exiled from ever returning to saudi arabia by the royal family.. blah blah blah.. Sadam hates the US for its continued presence in Saudi arabia and the fact that it has so much influince in his country of origin and most holy islamic region...911 happens..

Bin Ladin cares very little about whats going on in palestine. He sees it simply as another example of us intervention in the region... but all and all it is way down on his list of motivation (he is ofcourse willing to use it to harness support, but has been quoted numerous times saying that he has little regard for the plight of the palestinians... largly because of events and policys made by arab clerics that transpired while palestine was a brittish protectorate)

Isreal's existance motivated Bin Ladin to engage in 911 about as much as the existance of Argentina. Its two different conflicts that hate the US for two different yet related reasons.

ignore the grammer and spelling errors i didnt put too much effort into that post, but the one i quoted irritated me alot. I put little effort into my response but if you want to respond to it ill go into more detail. Ive written hundreds of pages on the subject for college

911 had the largest impact on US policy, both foriegn and domestic, of any event since vietnam.. or arguably WWII
__________________
WWP
rygaff11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:04 PM #33
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsanepig11 View Post
wasn't that that the plot of one of the Rush Hour movies?
Yeah, Rush Hour 2.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 PM #34
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
 
Furious Ge0rge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: flag@whitehouse.gov
If someone wanted to hurt any Modernized Economy, they'd learn to make an EMP that could shut down a city like NYC or Washington. Maybe I watch too many movies, but if you have the money, not a lot is impossible.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:43 PM #35
AR55
conch shell warrior
 
AR55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
AR55 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I prefer the doomsday satellite that melts polar ice caps.
AR55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 PM #36
m3s0h0rn7
-//-
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygaff11 View Post
If you dont know what your talkign about dont post in a condesending manner and pretend that you do.

Al Queda was founded by Bin Laden during the latter part of the soviet war in afganastan. A small portion of the Muhadeen fighters were Arabs (afganis are not arabs) These arabs were financed by wealthy individuals largly located in whats refered to today as "the middle east" as well as north africa (sudan mostly) A leader who rose through the ranks of these arab fighters was Osama Bin Ladin, a young man upset with the worlds superpowers insertign western influince into what he beleived should reman an fundimental islamic country. years pass blah blah blah. Sadam is massing on the southwestern region of Iraq and has already invaded the nation of kuwait. Osama offers to protect his counrty of origin, and give the saudi royal family the aid of his Muhadeen fighters and the network they had developed (bin ladin, alogn with the rest of the arab world hates sadam nearly as much as they do the US). The Saudi family instead invites the united states to defend the northern oil fields, along with the rest of the nation. The united states defeats sadam however they maintain permenant bases in saudi arabia.

Bin Ladin is outraged by the fact that these "infidels' are allowed to remain on holy soil and corrupt the people. blah blah blah years pass.. embassys and a ship are bombed binladin is targeted with bombs by the US while hes in Sudan and exiled from ever returning to saudi arabia by the royal family.. blah blah blah.. Sadam hates the US for its continued presence in Saudi arabia and the fact that it has so much influince in his country of origin and most holy islamic region...911 happens..

Bin Ladin cares very little about whats going on in palestine. He sees it simply as another example of us intervention in the region... but all and all it is way down on his list of motivation (he is ofcourse willing to use it to harness support, but has been quoted numerous times saying that he has little regard for the plight of the palestinians... largly because of events and policys made by arab clerics that transpired while palestine was a brittish protectorate)

Isreal's existance motivated Bin Ladin to engage in 911 about as much as the existance of Argentina. Its two different conflicts that hate the US for two different yet related reasons.

ignore the grammer and spelling errors i didnt put too much effort into that post, but the one i quoted irritated me alot. I put little effort into my response but if you want to respond to it ill go into more detail. Ive written hundreds of pages on the subject for college

911 had the largest impact on US policy, both foriegn and domestic, of any event since vietnam.. or arguably WWII
Please do, I had a bit of trouble reading that, but would like to hear more.
m3s0h0rn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:22 PM #37
ThatGuy86
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey
ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
Everyone knows that the article he posted is from 2004, right? Just making sure...
__________________
OLED Luxe | 68/45 | 4 Virtue Spires | Gear

RIP DAN DONLON
ThatGuy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:34 PM #38
turdfurgason
You stay classy....
 
turdfurgason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BFE, TN
hell the only reason they beat the russians, was because we started to fund and train the guys.....then pissed them off when we left them high and dry after russia left.....
__________________
--fain--
turdfurgason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:43 PM #39
Haga652001
Night divides the day
 
Haga652001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge View Post
If someone wanted to hurt any Modernized Economy, they'd learn to make an EMP that could shut down a city like NYC or Washington. Maybe I watch too many movies, but if you have the money, not a lot is impossible.
BROKEN ARROW!!!!!!!~@!@!!!!


__________________
War Is Peace|Freedom Is Slavery|Ignorance Is Strength
Haga652001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:14 AM #40
Pickel Suprise
 
 
Pickel Suprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdfurgason View Post
hell the only reason they beat the russians, was because we started to fund and train the guys.....then pissed them off when we left them high and dry after russia left.....
the reason they beat the Russians was two fold:
- Tenacity
- Stingers
Pickel Suprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:14 AM #41
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy86 View Post
Everyone knows that the article he posted is from 2004, right? Just making sure...
Weird, I am actually a *******, I always forget that digg brings up old articles.

It just seemed so relevant that I assumed it was recent.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 PM #42
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickel Suprise View Post
the reason they beat the Russians was two fold:
- Tenacity
- Stingers
Anti tank missiles should be on the list, they pretty much demolished the tactic of using armor, which is saying a lot.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump