Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2008, 02:12 PM #1
Adema3412
Give me fiction

has been a member for 10 years
Bin Laden: Al Qaeda Aims to Bankrupt the US

He's Baaaaaaack!

Osama Bin Laden in his first video in nearly three years is basically taking credit for the collapse of the US economy and while there is some truth to it, it's more propaganda than anything.

Quote:
(CNN) -- The Arabic-language network Al-Jazeera released a full transcript Monday of the most recent videotape from Osama bin Laden in which the head of al Qaeda said his group's goal is to force America into bankruptcy.

Al-Jazeera aired portions of the videotape Friday but released the full transcript of the entire tape on its Web site Monday.

"We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah," bin Laden said in the transcript.

He said the mujahedeen fighters did the same thing to the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s, "using guerrilla warfare and the war of attrition to fight tyrannical superpowers."

"We, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat," bin Laden said.

He also said al Qaeda has found it "easy for us to provoke and bait this administration."

"All that we have to do is to send two mujahedeen to the furthest point east to raise a piece of cloth on which is written al Qaeda, in order to make generals race there to cause America to suffer human, economic and political losses without their achieving anything of note other than some benefits for their private corporations," bin Laden said.

Al-Jazeera executives said they decided to post the entire speech because rumors were circulating that the network omitted parts that "had direct threats toward specific states, which was totally untrue."

"We chose the most newsworthy parts of the address and aired them. The rest was used in lower thirds in graphics format," said one official.

U.S. intelligence officials Monday confirmed that the transcript made public Monday by Al-Jazeera was a complete one.

As part of the "bleed-until-bankruptcy plan," bin Laden cited a British estimate that it cost al Qaeda about $500,000 to carry out the attacks of September 11, 2001, an amount that he said paled in comparison with the costs incurred by the United States.

"Every dollar of al Qaeda defeated a million dollars, by the permission of Allah, besides the loss of a huge number of jobs," he said. "As for the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers estimated to total more than a trillion dollars.

The total U.S. national debt is more than $7 trillion. The U.S. federal deficit was $413 billion in 2004, according to the Treasury Department.

"It is true that this shows that al Qaeda has gained, but on the other hand it shows that the Bush administration has also gained, something that anyone who looks at the size of the contracts acquired by the shady Bush administration-linked mega-corporations, like Halliburton and its kind, will be convinced.

"And it all shows that the real loser is you," he said. "It is the American people and their economy."

As for President Bush's Iraq policy, Bin Laden said, "the darkness of black gold blurred his vision and insight, and he gave priority to private interests over the public interests of America.

"So the war went ahead, the death toll rose, the American economy bled, and Bush became embroiled in the swamps of Iraq that threaten his future," bin Laden said.

U.S. government officials said Friday that the tape appeared to be authentic and recently made. It was the first videotaped message from the al Qaeda leader in nearly three years.
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/me...ape/index.html

I like these new smilies.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 PM #2
phazeshifter
☠Resist☠

Although I'm still not sure what to think of Bin Laden, as in is he really still in hiding or do we have him under protection for use to stimulate and scare the masses with these tapes so the sheeple will back the outragous ideas purposed by our government.

Anyway, this quote, whoever it was from, is dead on: As for President Bush's Iraq policy, Bin Laden said, "the darkness of black gold blurred his vision and insight, and he gave priority to private interests over the public interests of America.

Mission Accomplished??
phazeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:23 PM #3
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

You know what this means. We have to bankrupt ourselves or else the terrorists win!

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:26 PM #4
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Hmm...very interesting...and disturbing. A lot of what Bin Laden is saying here is true, though I do not believe all of our economic problems are coming from the war. The sub-prime mortgage crises was a problem caused by other reasons.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:30 PM #5
sup air balla'
puЯple™

I saw something like this on the news that Iran was counterfitting money into our economy to bring it down.

"Wounds Heal, Scars Fade, Glory Is Forever"
sup air balla' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:31 PM #6
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

The thing is no one will ever be able to use the argument that the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is hurting our economy without the risk of being accused of buying into Al Qaeda propaganda.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Old 01-31-2008, 02:31 PM #7
Adema3412
Give me fiction

The war hasn't helped our economic situation, but it's hardly the main cause. The collapse of the housing sector is far more important, because when someone buys a home there are so many people involved: Construction workers, Realtors, appliance companies, furniture, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup air balla' View Post
I saw something like this on the news that Iran was counterfitting money into our economy to bring it down.
Link? But even if it is true, counterfitting is a drop in the bucket as far as inflation goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
The thing is no one will ever be able to use the argument that the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is hurting our economy without the risk of being accused of buying into Al Qaeda propaganda.
It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. But there definitely is a, if we pull out the terrorists win angle that could be played up.
--Murray Rothbard

Last edited by Adema3412 : 01-31-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:33 PM #8
RockingTheIon70 (Banned)

He's a joke. What's going to happen after our economy "collapses"? Will they suicide bomb us into submission?
RockingTheIon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:34 PM #9
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockingTheIon70 View Post
He's a joke. What's going to happen after our economy "collapses"? Will they suicide bomb us into submission?
The man who changed the course of US history is far from a joke.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 01-31-2008, 02:39 PM #10
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

And shortly after this a top Al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan is killed. Let him talk, they're losing ground and manpower.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...92DBDD4020.htm
Old 01-31-2008, 02:40 PM #11
phazeshifter
☠Resist☠

Quote:
Not here chief, in case you did not know this is the "land of the free". Or are you telling me that having you own feeling of opinion and theory is sunned upon if it does not coincide with the majority?

/subtle sarcasm
//I'm honestly scare of the things to come
///freedom of opinions should not be quelled
phazeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:40 PM #12
RockingTheIon70 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
The man who changed the course of US history is far from a joke.
From what I understand, he planned an attack on the World Trade Center which was executed. The military is currently searching for him. How did that change our history?

Aside from that, he's a man living in a hole somewhere in the Middle East sending threatening video tapes, acting like he planned it and everything is going as expected.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:42 PM #13
RockingTheIon70 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
And shortly after this a top Al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan is killed. Let him talk, they're losing ground and manpower.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...92DBDD4020.htm
Thank you. We don't have to be scared of this guy. He's quickly becoming all talk and nothing to back up his threats with, which is why he's releasing the tapes. He's losing and he realizes it.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:44 PM #14
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazeshifter View Post
Not here chief, in case you did not know this is the "land of the free". Or are you telling me that having you own feeling of opinion and theory is sunned upon if it does not coincide with the majority?

/subtle sarcasm
//I'm honestly scare of the things to come
///freedom of opinions should not be quelled
Yeah, there really is something wrong with the government when it guilt trips people into voting a certain way. Support our troops. No surrender. If we leave, the terrorist win.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:47 PM #15
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
From what I understand, he planned an attack on the World Trade Center which was executed. The military is currently searching for him. How did that change our history?

Aside from that, he's a man living in a hole somewhere in the Middle East sending threatening video tapes, acting like he planned it and everything is going as expected.
Do I really need to explain how the attacks on 9/11, brought the United States knee deep into the Middle East, which turned most of the world against the US or at least injured relations.

The world is an entirely different place post 9/11 and Bin Laden still has power, because Al Qaeda is still quite strong.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 01-31-2008, 02:48 PM #16
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Thank you. We don't have to be scared of this guy. He's quickly becoming all talk and nothing to back up his threats with, which is why he's releasing the tapes. He's losing and he realizes it.
So, you don't believe another attack on the US is likely to happen?
--Murray Rothbard
Old 01-31-2008, 02:50 PM #17
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

We should never be scared of Bin Laden. However he's the only reason we should have any military in the middle east. He needs to be hunted down and face justice.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:51 PM #18
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
We should never be scared of Bin Laden. However he's the only reason we should have any military in the middle east. He needs to be hunted down and face justice.
We shouldn't live in fear, but being practical is not living in fear.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 01-31-2008, 02:54 PM #19
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
We shouldn't live in fear, but being practical is not living in fear.
If we were practical we would get the government out of airline security so pilots could arm themselves against any aggressors, thus forever preventing 911 from ever happening again. But no, our government decided it would be way more practical to rebuild two countries in the region the hijackers were from and let the guy responsible for 911 run free.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:56 PM #20
not_manbot_revenge

Quote:
The US is always under the threat of an attack, however we don't need to jump at every person who comes out of the woodwork and says boo. There are numerous things vastly more important than the threat of terrorism or the war on terror.

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
not_manbot_revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:57 PM #21
RockingTheIon70 (Banned)

Quote:
Do I really need to explain how the attacks on 9/11, brought the United States knee deep into the Middle East, which turned most of the world against the US or at least injured relations.

The world is an entirely different place post 9/11 and Bin Laden still has power, because Al Qaeda is still quite strong.
Our culture and our alliance with Israel brought up quite a bit of dislike. Israel is the largest recipient of this country's foreign aid, as you probably know. Israel uses this "aid" to develop weapons technologies to blow up Palestinian school children.

You see, Israel basically came and took half of Palestine's country, and established themselves as a Jewish state. This claim was made legitimate by a mainly US controlled UN.

If I was living in an Arabic country and forced out of my home, I would be dissatisfied with the country who wholeheartedly sponsors it, to say the least.

Quote:
No. Call me when it does.