PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2008, 02:41 PM #1
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
How To Tune Your Mini v2, Spring Kit Etc'

Im tired of seeing countless threads of people asking what settings they need to run for there marker, therefore im going to take a few minutes and give you some information on how you can fine tune your own marker and get it shooting best of its abilitys. Im also going to give information on a few set-ups and products. For reference im going to be talking about adjustments in milliseconds "ms", my ape board references each click/blink as 1ms change, some boards may do these in .5 intervals or other, its your job to read your boards manual and make the adjustments from there'

Usuing the standard ndz v2 bolt with your stock spring? Ok then lets tune it'.
Before you go any further please clean the gun, lube it as necessary, use a fresh battery and if possible get to a chrono.

-For starters we can drop that pressure to right around 180-185psi
-Turn the vlocity adjuster all the way in and then back it out 2 full turns
-Set the dwell at 5ms and fire the marker with paint, the marker might not even fully cycle and shoot the paintball, or maybe it fires but only goes about 20 feet, up the dwell 1 more ms "6ms", and fire it, keep raising the dwell until its chrono speed is no longer largely affected.

"Now what i mean by that statement is this, if you set your dwell to 5ms and it fires but looks like its only chroning around 100fps than raise the dwell in 1ms incriments until its fully cycling and putting the ball in the 285 range, then add 1-2ms to the total. So if my marker fully cycles at 4ms but its only shooting at 200fps, than ill raise the dwell in 1ms incriments until its shooting in the 285 range, than add 1-2ms on top of that for safe of heart and consistancy."

-With the v2 bolt and stock spring you should still be able to run your dwell between 6-8ms with great consistancy, and an operating pressure of around 185psi, these numbers will vary slightly from marker to marker

-Once you set your dwell and you getting good consistancy and your in the 285 range over the chrono your dwell is set. If you need it at 300fps, simply raise the pressure just a nudge until your desired chrono speed is met'.

Some of these next settings can NOT be changed on the STOCK BOARD, how-ever for every aftermarket board these settings can be tuned.

Solenoid open- this is simply a battery saver, default on the ape board is 5ms, you can run this between 3-4 with no issues, this will help get a little more out of those batterys we dread replacing

Solenoid close- this is another battery saver but if this is set too low the solenoid will not close properly and you will have a massive air leak down your barrel, if this happens just simple reset the noid by turning on the marker/eyes off and pulling the trigger 50 times, that automatically resets the solenoid. I have no issues running this between 7-9ms. 8ms would be a comfortable number.

Bolt return delay- This is the amount of time it takes after firing that the marker waits to see the bolt return past the eyes. I believe the default for this on many boards is around 25ms. With the use of any ndz aftermarket bolt reguardless of the version ive been able to run between 16-20ms with 0 issues and healthy shooting.

First off NDZ v2 W/Spring Kit- "Comes with 3 springs"
-Red "hardest"
-Yellow "medium"
-Blue "lightest"

Every spring has its advantages, personally i dont see a point in ever usuing the red spring again.

Blue spring is the lightest spring, i reccomend usuing this spring over any other spring in the package. The only time i wont be usuing the blue spring is under extremely cold conditions, under very cold conditions i reccomend usuing the yellow spring as the lightest/blue spring might have some stick issues due to the weather and lighter spring return'.

For those that already have the blue spring i bet youve already noticed than your marker can actually fully cycle at 1ms!! This alone leaves a huge opportunity for people to tune there markers for exactly how they want them set up. What i mean by this is simple. You can set your marker for a extremely low dwell time and higher pressure to get very good effiency, or even set your marker at a very low operating pressure with a good dwell time which will also in return have very little to no noticible kick.

Personally the efficiency is already very good with my current set-up, i chose my settings because i wanted the least kick possible as well as most consistancy. I ended up with a dwell of 7ms, operating pressure at 145psi, and im getting +/-3 @ the chrono, no noticible kick, and im still getting very good efficiency'.

This should hopefully answer some of your questions, especially for the new guys. Feel free to add any other information, im just bored at home with the flu, figured id do something useful today
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2008, 04:25 PM #2
Destined-Glory
"Veni,Vidi, Vici." Ceaser

pretty good job. But i dont get the point of having a bolt return delay at all because I put mine at 1 and it still worked just as well.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:28 PM #3
cjs9485
Important Info

cjs9485 is a Supporting Member
- for the good work. Thanks! If someone had the knowledge and the time to put together bolts with different board settings and all different combinations it should be an instant sticky.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination
VIVA LA BUNNY

Last edited by cjs9485 : 01-31-2008 at 04:31 PM.
cjs9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 PM #4
oldskool6000
trading mini + ego 07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs9485 View Post
- for the good work. Thanks!

SELLING NITENDO WII +++WITH OVER 170 GAMES!!!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2612815
oldskool6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:37 PM #5
oldskool6000
trading mini + ego 07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs9485 View Post
????
you can't be serious....

Old 01-31-2008, 04:41 PM #6
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

coolicarboy plays in the PSP
coolicarboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coolicarboy is for the Gunfight
coolicarboy posts videos on PbNation
Wow.. This is amazing. Great job.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
coolicarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:00 PM #7
Timthom148

yeah thanks man!

HOTSHOTS PAINTBALL <------ DOTHAN ALABAMA INDOOR XBALL
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
"When all else fails, plate to plate is usually the right answer" F.A.D.
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"
Timthom148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:08 PM #8
Stabone

2 full turn on the velocity adjuster?????? That can't be right
Crossfire HP 68/4500
VLocity

If you read the stickies put this in your sig
Stabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 PM #9
gooseboy

very nice..
Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 PM #10
digital sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabone View Post
2 full turn on the velocity adjuster?????? That can't be right
i always turn my vlocity adjuster in all the way, then do two complete turns outwards, at that point the vlocity adjuster will be near flush with the end of the marker, if your shooting too low after setting your dwell simply raise the operating pressure a tad bit until you reach your desired chrono speed'

the lower your dwell the higher pressure your going to need to run "to an extent..aka theres a sweet-spot on every marker where the chrono speed wont change after a certain dwell setting therefore running a ridicuosly high dwell isnt going to let you run a crazy low operating pressure, these variables and concepts only go so far, for my marker with the blue spring i did not achieve any higher chrono speed at 8ms, than i did with the dwell at 7ms, consistancy also stayed the same, so i left that at 7ms'

honestly to make a long story short reguardless of what board you are running if you are running any of the ndz delrin bolts reguardless of the spring you should be able to safely run

6-8ms dwell
145 "blue spring- 185"stock spring"psi/pressure
3-4ms open solenoid
8ms close solenoid
eye delay- depends on your hopper, i have vlocity but set it at 2ms so avoid a chop on the last ball in the stack sense there is 0 pressure on the last 3-4 balls'

thats a jist of what every mini should be capable of running smoothly, you can fine tune them from there but thats a good start'

Last edited by digital sol : 01-31-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:22 PM #11
digital sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined-Glory View Post
pretty good job. But i dont get the point of having a bolt return delay at all because I put mine at 1 and it still worked just as well.
are you sure this setting was saved?

reason i ask is because when i set this setting too low what happens is the bolt does not fully return before the next cycle and under high rof it will basically dry fire with the eyes on because the bolt is actually cycling before the ball is allowed to drop into the gun, in many cases this will cause the bolt to chop the ball, i have not yet fine tweaked this setting but its shooting great right now and you should be able to safely run this at 16-20ms without any issues, i have no desire to change much else, its shooting great'
Old 01-31-2008, 06:26 PM #12
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
MaxOC helped look for balloons
MaxOC plays in the APPA D4 division
hmm, you beat me to it. im doing my testing this weekend

be prepared for a FULLOUT guide lol stock bolt with blue spring, stock with stock, ndzv2 with stock, v2 with blue. and guides for each one one how to get best effiency or softest on paint

oh, and itll have a "for dummies" section. step by step what to do

i shalt crush your futile guide into the ground

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Need a computer built? Whether it be for home, work, play, or gaming, contact me to get it cheaper, faster, pre-configured and built to last.
MaxOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:28 PM #13
oldskool6000
trading mini + ego 07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOC View Post

be prepared for a FULLOUT guide lol stock bolt with blue spring, stock with stock, ndzv2 with stock, v2 with blue. and guides for each one one how to get best effiency or softest on paint

I thought I would never say this.... you Fail.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:30 PM #14
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

coolicarboy plays in the PSP
coolicarboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coolicarboy is for the Gunfight
coolicarboy posts videos on PbNation
Quote:

Hehe... Cant accept the fact that someone made a guide and your not involved in it, so you HAVE to make a better one.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
coolicarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:32 PM #15
digital sol

Quote:

haha, i was going to do that but that requires alot of free time, which i dont seem to have much of, i guess you could get really in depth about things but honestly all you need to know is the basics and a good starting point, something short and simple like this well help keep the new guys from immediately throwing there dwell on 1 and solenoid close on 1 and wonder why there gun isnt working etc', i look forward to seeing your's though

i never really noticed much of a difference in efficiency "maybe a pod at most" when running lower dwells with higher operating pressures compared to higher dwells with lower operating pressures, the effiency gain with the lower dwell was pretty minimal, but with a slightly higher dwell and lower operating pressure the kick was reduced greatly and sound signature was also much quieter'

Last edited by digital sol : 01-31-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:41 PM #16
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolicarboy View Post
Hehe... Cant accept the fact that someone made a guide and your not involved in it, so you HAVE to make a better one.
lol. ive written lil custom guides for a few ppl, just never released a public version since i hadnt tested it myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital sol View Post
haha, i was going to do that but that requires alot of free time, which i dont seem to have much of, i guess you could get really in depth about things but honestly all you need to know is the basics and a good starting point, something short and simple like this well help keep the new guys from immediately throwing there dwell on 1 and solenoid close on 1 and wonder why there gun isnt working etc', i look forward to seeing your's though

i never really noticed much of a difference in efficiency "maybe a pod at most" when running lower dwells with higher operating pressures compared to higher dwells with lower operating pressures, the effiency gain with the lower dwell was pretty minimal, but with a slightly higher dwell and lower operating pressure the kick was reduced greatly and sound signature was also much quieter'
100 psi 8 dwell<200 psi ??(havent tested) dwell for efficency lol. by at least a pod or 2.

blue spring...v2... this weekend, meets 200 psi and very low dwell. **** yes lol.

yeah, i got a bag of marbs waiting in the corner. im going to test my tuning, and the v2. lets see if i cant get this ***** sub 80 psi lol.

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Need a computer built? Whether it be for home, work, play, or gaming, contact me to get it cheaper, faster, pre-configured and built to last.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:44 PM #17
ionball3r73
asdf... respect it

Quote:
lol. ive written lil custom guides for a few ppl, just never released a public version since i hadnt tested it myself
lmao no you havent
Old 01-31-2008, 06:45 PM #18
digital sol

Quote:

100 psi 8 dwell<200 psi ??(havent tested) dwell for efficency lol. by at least a pod or 2.

blue spring...v2... this weekend, meets 200 psi and very low dwell. **** yes lol.

yeah, i got a bag of marbs waiting in the corner. im going to test my tuning, and the v2. lets see if i cant get this ***** sub 80 psi lol.
im a bit confused as to that top section of your statement.....lowest operating pressure i am able to run with the blue spring while getting good consistancy is around 140psi', i dont see it possible with this set-up to get 300fps at anything below 130psi, sure the pressure could be set at 100psi but you'd be chrono'ing around 220fps, reguardless if your dwell was 10ms or 20ms, at a certain point raising the dwell no longer raises the actual velocity of the marker

Last edited by digital sol : 01-31-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:46 PM #19
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
youre gunna make me go into my pms ya *** arent ya

for all of you just tuning in, this ion ****tard has been running around the arizona reigonal forum trying to flame me, which has failed miserably. odds are i know the kid too, ah well.

heres one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOC
Quote:
ok so i konw your good with the minis i have a invert mini with killa detents and ri bolt and i just cant seam to get it shooting right. i will give you 20 dollars in a money order or paypal if you can get the settings right on it. i can eaither send it to you or you can tell me what to do. i plan on buying the ndz spring kit and maby a different bolt also. im playing d3 with motor city madmen this season so i need my gear shooting in pristine condition and you seam like the one to know your stuff. let me know thanks

nick c.
lol. no worries nick. ill have a full tuning guide up in a few weeks.

sweet i cant wait. ive never been able to get my mini right ive sent it in to kee numerous times because of probloms and i figured maby your smarter than them lol. where can i get a mini o-ring kit now since o-ring monkeys are no good?
actually they are lol. i just retested, sorta. but get a boxed kit. you need the chart of which oring goes where.

here ill write you up a lil guide here

now, this is off the top of my head so it aint perfect. also this is for easiest on balls, not efficency. if you need one for effeciency tell me and ill write that up too.

okay, first off take your gun to the chrono. no feedneck. and something to hold some paint. youll be here for a few minutes so do it during a game or some thin so you dont get inturrepted.
now, chrono your gun so its shooting what you shoot at. usually 300. now start lowering the psi, only by 1/8 or 1/16 turn at a time, counter clockwise, to lower the pressure. shoot every 1/8 or 1/4 turn a few times. keep doing this till your fps drops below 290. stock dwell mind you. then turn out your backcap till you hit 300 again. if you cant hit 300 no matter hwo far out you go raise your pressure till you can. then start lowering dwell. say 2 blinks at a time. shooting a few inbetween. till you again drop below 290. then up your dwell by 2. if that doesnt get you to 300 turn your backcap out till it does. if it cant get back up to 300 then up your dwell another 4 blinks and try again.

alright efficency would be good if you dont mind lol

as for digital... im running 100 psi right now lol. have been for weeks. on like 8 dwell. flush cap.

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Old 01-31-2008, 06:49 PM #20
digital sol

Quote:
youre gunna make me go into my pms ya *** arent ya

for all of you just tuning in, this ion ****tard has been running around the arizona reigonal forum trying to flame me, which has failed miserably. odds are i know the kid too, ah well.

heres one

as for digital... im running 100 psi right now lol. have been for weeks. on like 8 dwell. flush cap.
not knocking your claims but what set-up are you running and what is your actual chrono speed? obviously v2/blue spring.....restricter valve or no?

i could run 100psi all day, but id only be chroning 220ish, also what guage are you usuing to measure your pressure? to keep the marker at 295-300fps, i have the pressure around 140-145psi
Old 01-31-2008, 06:57 PM #21
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
stock right now. my old one broke. i have been running 100 on a trinity gauge for weeks.

290-95 ish, i see no need to get closer

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY