PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2008, 11:17 AM #64
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2term8r View Post
Romney has had more financial experiance than Paul has had in his entire life.
Ron Paul has had more economic experience than Mitt Romney has had in his entire life.

Who do you want leading our country?
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2008, 11:21 AM #65
2term8r
Free Baller

has been a member for 10 years
What college economic credentials does Paul have over Romney? Thats right! none.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:22 AM #66
zedtheundead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyWins View Post
2term, you just have to learn to ignore the paulbots.

*puts up flame shield*
Quote:
Its so funny seeing everyone crying about how lazy and dumb people are! WAA WAA Paul isn't being elected! WAAA WAAA people are so dumb! I'm going to cry to mommy!!!

You guys can bash Paul all you want but that doesn't change the fact that hes the only guy up there with a pair of balls. Everyone of the other republican candidates left are a bunch of political pandering pussies. No **** RP isn't going to win, how long did it really take for you to come to that conclusion? I'm going to assume, if i may, a while. At least RP has principles that he sticks with, no matter what the others think of him. Its quite sad when you watch a debate when the other candidates are literally laughing at the only guy up there speaking form his heart. The laughing and mocking that the other candidates preform should tell you a lot about their character...
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:23 AM #67
zedtheundead

Quote:
What college economic credentials does Paul have over Romney? Thats right! none.
ZING! What exactly does the president do in terms of controlling the economy?

I can think of one but hey, I bet you can't

And since when does knowledge=college credentials? My mom started up her buisness for 5 grand with 0 college experience and just sold for over 9 million.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:29 AM #68
2term8r
Free Baller

You know nothing about Romney's character. And if thats the only thing you're going by to vote this year you're just like every dumb american down south, they vote on character not their credentials.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:33 AM #69
2term8r
Free Baller

[
Old 01-31-2008, 11:34 AM #70
zedtheundead

Quote:
You know nothing about Romney's character. And if thats the only thing you're going by to vote this year you're just like every dumb american down south, they vote on character not their credentials.
Did I say I was voting based on character alone? And nice generalization about southerners, how witty of you And character should have some sway in one's vote. Would you vote for a junkie/murderer if he was well qualified for the job? Of course not

and no I'm not implying that Romney is a junkie and/or a murderer. I thought I might have to clear that up because there is no doubt you would have inferred that.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:35 AM #71
zedtheundead

Quote:
[
Never said i was voting for Paul, or even that I agree with his positions. I just stated that he is the only man up there i respect. Two can have differences yet still respect each other. Try it sometime

and im quite surprised you came up with the answer!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:38 AM #72
2term8r
Free Baller

He can veto bills that include economic packages
Old 01-31-2008, 11:39 AM #73
zedtheundead

Quote:
He can veto bills that include economic packages
Old 01-31-2008, 11:45 AM #74
Klaus

Klaus is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 23 View Post
it looks like he has a tumor on the left of his jaw.
I believe that is scar tissue as he's had surgeries on his face/neck area relating to cancer.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:46 AM #75
2term8r
Free Baller

Its just amazing how everyone dismisses Romney as just another fake conservative? The man just lives and breathes fiscal responsibility, doesn't that mean anything in the economy we have now? Everything that he's touched that was in the red now has a surplus.

Doesn't anyone understand that the backbone of our country is small and large businesses? Capital is what drives our economy forward. He may just walk the walk and talk the talk, but Romney more than anyone supports small businesses and wants to stimulate those small businesses. I don't hear any other candidate talk about small business.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:13 PM #76
zedtheundead

Quote:
Its just amazing how everyone dismisses Romney as just another fake conservative? The man just lives and breathes fiscal responsibility, doesn't that mean anything in the economy we have now? Everything that he's touched that was in the red now has a surplus.

Doesn't anyone understand that the backbone of our country is small and large businesses? Capital is what drives our economy forward. He may just walk the walk and talk the talk, but Romney more than anyone supports small businesses and wants to stimulate those small businesses. I don't hear any other candidate talk about small business.

Sure it does, there is no doubt Romney knows his ****, hes worth half a billion dollars for Christ's sake! However his views on social issues and on foreign policy are what turn me off personally.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:50 PM #77
RedMage138
Red Means Go

Quote:
hey hey hey, harsh overgeneralizing statements are no way to make yourself look like any less of an asshat. I would hope that people could see through geographic location determining IQ at this point but I guess I'm giving the average joe a little too much credit.

Next time, when you have a thought, say about calling an entire geographic regions dumb, do the rest of us a favor and just let it go.

Current Infraction Count: 8

"Originally posted by Fat Joe: Yea well, this is ST:S. Serious. Business.".
RedMage138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:02 PM #78
2term8r
Free Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMage138 View Post
hey hey hey, harsh overgeneralizing statements are no way to make yourself look like any less of an asshat. I would hope that people could see through geographic location determining IQ at this point but I guess I'm giving the average joe a little too much credit.

Next time, when you have a thought, say about calling an entire geographic regions dumb, do the rest of us a favor and just let it go.
I should rephrase that next time
Old 01-31-2008, 01:10 PM #79
KingTomis

KingTomis supports our troops
I agree it was completely unfair. Ron Paul was cut off from answering, given very little time to answer and mostly just ignored. Same with Huck, but to a lesser extent. A very biased and two sided debate.

However, when Paul did speak....diarhea of the mouth. He never made any sense, just throwing out a bunch of slogans and rambling statements. I swear Cooper was rolling his eyes at every Paul response.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:18 PM #80
2term8r
Free Baller

Ideologicaly I'd agree with Paul, but our country isn't ready yet for a constitutionalist.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:21 PM #81
crfracer290
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Ideologicaly I'd agree with Paul, but our country isn't ready yet for a constitutionalist.
Uh...what?
crfracer290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:31 PM #82
Matt 23

Matt 23 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTomis View Post
However, when Paul did speak....diarhea of the mouth. He never made any sense, just throwing out a bunch of slogans and rambling statements. I swear Cooper was rolling his eyes at every Paul response.

He doesn't make sense to the average american, Thats his problem. Trying to connect to the average american and getting them to understand his ideas and concepts will be a obstacle to overcome. To me it seems like he seems like he is the only candidate making sense at all, it might be diarrhea to you but its gold to me.
Matt 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:47 PM #83
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:

Since Legacy Wins never answered these questions/comments, maybe you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412
As I pointed out before and as you failed to address, making an efficient business is much different than making an efficient government/bureaucracy.

And as far as eliminating MA's deficit he do so through fee hikes and the closing of tax exemptions, which is essentially raising taxes. Additionally, a surge in capital gain taxes reduced the deficit to $1.3 billion.

So Romney's accomplishment really isn't as grand as he makes it seem.

Additionally during Romney's administration Massachusetts's labor market was under performing.

Frankly, for someone using this as the crux of their campaign, I'm not impressed.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:56 PM #84
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
Ron Paul was has nearly 30 years of experience with economics. College Credentials has nothing to do with economic understanding. Ron Paul is endorsed by some of the most brilliant economic minds of our time, and has worked alongside legends of monetary and fiscal conservatism like Ronald Reagan and Berry Goldwater Jr. He speaks for the middle class and those who are affected most by the income tax, and pushes for a return to the gold standard so our money actually is worth something. He stands up to Ben Barnanke and the federal reserve when nobody else will. He knows the results of an over-inflated economy and is the only one trying to prevent it from happening here.

What has Mitt Romney done other than run a thriving private business and raise fees for on his people? Private Business=/=Governement fiscal policy.

Last edited by pbmike15 : 01-31-2008 at 02:06 PM.
pbmike15 is offline   Reply With Quote