PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2008, 03:39 AM #43
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyWins View Post
Romney looks great on stage so I think its much more than that.

Clinton, obvious. Shes a huge name in politics.
Obama, hes black charismatic and new.
McCain, hes been around for awhile, and is very moderate.

The media has no problem supporting very liberal candidates like Clinton or Obama but they never put a lot of backing behind a very conservative candidate.
Dude, did you over look 2000 and 2004 with GHB? Very conservative!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:42 AM #44
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Paul would have gotten more support if he had gotten better numbers. How much did we hear about Huckabee before he passed Romney in IA? How much did we hear about Tancredo, Tommy Thompson, Hunter, Dennis K, Dodd, Brownback, or any of the other candidates with around the same level of support as Paul?

He never won a state.

He never came close to winning a state.

He never polled consitently above 10% anywhere.

Dismal fundraising until the last quarter.

A bunch of rabid supporters scaring everybody away from him talking about tinsel hats and organic portals.

Face it, he didn't make a big enough splash to be considered a big fish. End of story.
I have no qualms with what you're saying, you're speaking the truth, but I think that he attracted some crazies due to the fact that he was the candidate with the least chance of winning the super underdog you could say. I believe that when Paul talks about the NAU it isn't some nutjob move, but how some of the rabid fringe of the supporters build on that makes the idea crazy and unfortunately he gets grouped with these people.

Like Adema said, America lives on fear now, not freedom.

America has finally slid into the maxim, "War is peace"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I love Impulses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 AM #45
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
Romney looks great on stage so I think its much more than that.

Clinton, obvious. Shes a huge name in politics.
Obama, hes black charismatic and new.
McCain, hes been around for awhile, and is very moderate.

The media has no problem supporting very liberal candidates like Clinton or Obama but they never put a lot of backing behind a very conservative candidate.
For once I agree with you.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 AM #46
tyler_279

didnt mean nevada, sorry...........got my states confused there
(O.o)
(> <)

copy bunny into sig to help him achieve world domination
tyler_279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:49 AM #47
jvpark
CS Union

jvpark is a Supporting Member
jvpark plays in the USPL
jvpark donated to help Peyton Trent
jvpark owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jvpark is for the Gunfight
jvpark supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Anderson Cooper conveniently makes the whole debate about McCain's endorsements and foreign policy. Total BS and McCain looked the worst I've seen him yet. I honestly came close to gagging multiple times.
it's because McCain is a joke and might actually lose to Clinton or Obama... if he win's his a Dem in Rep clothing.

i'm leaning towards Romney even if he belongs to a cult...LOL

Dont count Mike Huckabee out yet...

Last edited by jvpark : 01-31-2008 at 03:52 AM.
jvpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:49 AM #48
LegacyWins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
Dude, did you over look 2000 and 2004 with GHB? Very conservative!
If you think George Bush is very conservative you have seen nothing my friend.

Bush is more conservative than McCain but I would NEVER call him very conservative.

Look at the judges/justices he appointed (federal and supreme), he expanded the federal government, and he supported that horrible McCain amnesty bill.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:52 AM #49
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

Quote:
If you think George Bush is very conservative you have seen nothing my friend.

Bush is more conservative than McCain but I would NEVER call him very conservative.

Look at the judges/justices he appointed (federal and supreme), he expanded the federal government, and he supported that horrible McCain amnesty bill.
Yeah, but that's not how his stance was coming into his presidency. He did lie saying he wanted to cut spending and programs. Than he did the exact opposite of conservative and went spending crazy!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:57 AM #50
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvpark View Post
it's because McCain is a joke and might actually lose to Clinton or Obama... if he win's his a Dem in Rep clothing.

i'm leaning towards Romney even if he belongs to a cult...LOL

Dont count Mike Huckabee out yet...
Every candidate in this election belongs to a cult.

You just think Christianity isn't one.

K, no more talk of it.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:22 AM #51
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses View Post
I have no qualms with what you're saying, you're speaking the truth, but I think that he attracted some crazies due to the fact that he was the candidate with the least chance of winning the super underdog you could say. I believe that when Paul talks about the NAU it isn't some nutjob move, but how some of the rabid fringe of the supporters build on that makes the idea crazy and unfortunately he gets grouped with these people.
I agree with you. Paul has had a hard time separating himself from these people imho mostly in part due to the fact that they are so incessantly vocal about their support of him. On the one hand, Paul risks losing a large amount of his grassroots, while on the other hand he risks appearing too crazy for your average Mr and Mrs Jones.

I've got no beef with Paul. He's an honorable man (I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the whole racist articles thing because it seems to be a fairly isolated thing), he does his best to practice what he preaches, and has the courage to work to bring people around to his ideas as opposed to bending his ideas to bring them to the people. He does get more of a bad rap than he deserves, but more than likely he's served his purpose to your cause by laying a foundation upon which a more articulate and capable candidate can hopefully build upon in the future.

Quote:
Like Adema said, America lives on fear now, not freedom.

America has finally slid into the maxim, "War is peace"
Probably to a certain extent, although I believe that much of this fear stems mostly from lack of personal responsibility.

Quote:
Every candidate in this election belongs to a cult.

You just think Christianity isn't one.

K, no more talk of it.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:23 AM #52
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
I agree with you. Paul has had a hard time separating himself from these people imho mostly in part due to the fact that they are so incessantly vocal about their support of him. On the one hand, Paul risks losing a large amount of his grassroots, while on the other hand he risks appearing too crazy for your average Mr and Mrs Jones.

I've got no beef with Paul. He's an honorable man (I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the whole racist articles thing because it seems to be a fairly isolated thing), he does his best to practice what he preaches, and has the courage to work to bring people around to his ideas as opposed to bending his ideas to bring them to the people. He does get more of a bad rap than he deserves, but more than likely he's served his purpose to your cause by laying a foundation upon which a more articulate and capable candidate can hopefully build upon in the future.

Probably to a certain extent, although I believe that much of this fear stems mostly from lack of personal responsibility.

There's a republican in you after all!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:36 AM #53
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses View Post
There's a republican in you after all!
I don't see myself as a Republican after 2/5, I'm going to have to find a new home.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:51 AM #54
chubrock6969

chubrock6969 is a founding member
Quote:

I've disagreed with you on nearly everything I've seen you post, but I agree 100% with you on that. I've always said that it isn't about Ron Paul winning (though it'd be great). It's about spreading the word and ideals. In the next presidential election, I think you're going to see someone step forward with charisma and the youth needed to give these ideas front runner status.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 AM #55
Gatyr

Gatyr plays in the PSP
Gatyr supports Cereal Killerz 2
Gatyr is an NCPA player
Gatyr plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
...but more than likely he's served his purpose to your cause by laying a foundation upon which a more articulate and capable candidate can hopefully build upon in the future.
That's about all I can really be happy about regarding the current Paul situation.

Meh. It seemed like the more I heard about him, the more it seemed like he was too much of a libertarian (too far to the up? hopefully we can add a y-axis to the political spectrum now). That may have been fear mongering, though. I don't much care to research it anymore.

Quote:
I don't see myself as a Republican after 2/5, I'm going to have to find a new home.
From what I can tell from reading your posts, I don't understand why you don't call yourself a moderate libertarian. I agree with most of what you say, and whatever I don't agree witheither falls under something (that I think) the government shouldn't regulate, or has to do with Mitt Romney or your McCain bashing.

Of course my conception on what you post, what you mean, and what you really believe/think can be three completely different things.

Is there a place I can look at debate schedules? I don't have the time nor the patience to watch Fox or CNN to see when they advertise the debates, and google yields no good results. This is the fifth one I've missed.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 PM #56
Mosati
Lithic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatyr View Post
Is there a place I can look at debate schedules? I don't have the time nor the patience to watch Fox or CNN to see when they advertise the debates, and google yields no good results. This is the fifth one I've missed.
Ask, and ye shall receive.
Mosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:04 PM #57
zedtheundead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatyr View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republi...ebates%2C_2008
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:05 PM #58
LooseChange

I highly doubt there is a conspiracy out on Paul, it's just the vast majority of people are lazy and dumb. The system is bull**** and it shows in the race. I think the Florida poll results directly correlates to how smart people are.

McCain-36%ish percent of people are retarded
Romney-31%ish are stupid
Giuliani/Huckabee 15%ISH (in the ballpark, don't remember) aren't stupid
Paul-2% of people are smart.
LooseChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:10 PM #59
2term8r
Free Baller

Its so funny seeing everyone crying about how lazy and dumb people are! WAA WAA Paul isn't being elected! WAAA WAAA people are so dumb! I'm going to cry to mommy!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:12 PM #60
zedtheundead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2term8r View Post
Its so funny seeing everyone crying about how lazy and dumb people are! WAA WAA Paul isn't being elected! WAAA WAAA people are so dumb! I'm going to cry to mommy!!!
k?
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:12 PM #61
LegacyWins

2term, you just have to learn to ignore the paulbots.

*puts up flame shield*
Old 01-31-2008, 12:14 PM #62
2term8r
Free Baller

Romney has had more financial experiance than Paul has had in his entire life.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:15 PM #63
Gatyr

Gatyr plays in the PSP
Gatyr supports Cereal Killerz 2
Gatyr is an NCPA player
Gatyr plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedtheundead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosati View Post
So I have missed nearly all of them.

Wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2term8r View Post
You are to Romney as "Paulbots" are to Paul.