PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2008, 08:29 PM #1
Matt 23

Matt 23 helped look for balloons
GOP Reagan Libary Debate (1/30/08)

Looks like its a 1 on 1 with Romney and McCain. It wouldint be that bad if they said at the beginning of the debate that they where going to give more time to the "front runners".
Matt 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 PM #2
JcKa
post-Hipster

McCain's so smug it's gross.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:34 PM #3
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

That's CNN for you. They suck...hard.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:41 PM #4
Matt 23

Matt 23 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
McCain's so smug it's gross.
it looks like he has a tumor on the left of his jaw.
Matt 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:41 PM #5
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Anderson Cooper conveniently makes the whole debate about McCain's endorsements and foreign policy. Total BS and McCain looked the worst I've seen him yet. I honestly came close to gagging multiple times.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:46 PM #6
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 23 View Post
it looks like he has a tumor on the left of his jaw.
I think that's from getting the **** kicked out of him in a North Vietnamese prison camp.

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
scumquat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 PM #7
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

McCain uses his military experience more than Giulianni uses 911. Both of them are just as irrelevant. The President is a civilian commander in chief, not a micromanager of war. And I like how governors boast there leadership of executive government. What experience do they have in federal government? The federal government operates under a totally different constitution then their state's, they don't have nearly as much power. God...

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:12 PM #8
ThatGuy86

ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
I started to get really annoyed when they were going back and forth between McCain and Romney. There are 2 other candidates on the stage, allow them their fair share of time. Huckabee said it best when he said "I was told I was going to be showered with questions, but it seems you've turned the faucet off so I'm going to take my time with this response."

I think Huckabee did very well tonight, and McCain did poorly.

RIP DAN DONLON
ThatGuy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:14 PM #9
JcKa
post-Hipster

I love McCain saying how he's going to stop borrowing from China yet he feels expansion of the military and an imperialist attitude will be the best direction for the country, yet he suggests no method for paying for that.

Fantastic. Not to mention the fact that he's still living in the Cold War with his recent lines of "When I looked into Putin's eyes I saw the KGB." How is someone so ardently anti-diplomacy, imperialist, and militarist even being considered for our presidency?
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:19 PM #10
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy86 View Post
I started to get really annoyed when they were going back and forth between McCain and Romney. There are 2 other candidates on the stage, allow them their fair share of time. Huckabee said it best when he said "I was told I was going to be showered with questions, but it seems you've turned the faucet off so I'm going to take my time with this response."

I think Huckabee did very well tonight, and McCain did poorly.
At this point the other candidates shouldn't even be at the debates. Giuliani and Thompson had the good will to at least bow out when they realized they were done.

Too bad McCain's too chicken to go 1 on 1 with Mitt on MTP (even knowing he'll have Russert in his corner). Apparently he needs his "esteemed colleague" Mike Huckabee to help him tag-team Romney.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:27 PM #11
ThatGuy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
At this point the other candidates shouldn't even be at the debates.
I can see where you're coming from as far as Ron Paul is concerned, but Mike Huckabee is close enough in my opinion to still warrant a spot in the debates, and therefore you can't exclude either. I think anyone who is still running should be featured in the debates, whether or not it's seemingly a two-horse race.

EDITED to truly reflect what I wanted to say.

RIP DAN DONLON

Last edited by ThatGuy86 : 01-30-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 PM #12
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Anyone remember Cooper saying to Paul "alright I'll ask you about that in 2 minutes, I promise"

Well, he never did. *******. That was probably the worst debate I've seen.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Old 01-30-2008, 09:55 PM #13
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
I can agree to that sentiment as far as Ron Paul is concerned, but Mike Huckabee is close enough in my opinion to still warrant a spot in the debates.
If Giulianni were still in the race would you agree with kicking him out too?

Old 01-30-2008, 10:06 PM #14
NorCalBaller88
iFap

That annoyed the hell out of me. I only watched the first 45 minutes but they gave ron paul what, four or five chances to speak? And cut him off twice? When they asked him about what he thought of Reagan appointing sandra day o'conner, they let him say a sentence before they cut him off.

The slap fight they instigated between romney and mcCain was stupid and childish, they didn't say anything of substance. Paul is the only one of the 4 that seems to know exactly what they want to do should one of them become president. Romney, Huck, and McCain don't seem like trustworthy candidates in the least bit, they are extremely vague in their answers, ect.

Paul knows what to do. Ask him a question, his answer is "It's right there in the constitution. The other candidates don't seem to think the constitution is a worthy tool to run the country. It makes me sick to my stomach that one of those turds might have a legitimate run at the white house, all because of media censorship.

I wish Ron Paul would grow some balls and speak up. He should have interrupted that piss fight between mitt and john at LEAST after the first 10 minutes. Someone needs to stick that man with speed or slip him some adderol the next time he goes on stage with his rival candidates, his timid nature is starting to annoy me.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:12 PM #15
ThatGuy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
If Giulianni were still in the race would you agree with kicking him out too?
What I said before didn't come out correctly. I think as long as a candidate is running, they should be afforded the chance to speak in the debate. What I meant to say earlier was that I could see where he's coming from, but I don't really agree with it. I phrased it incorrectly, but I just edited. My mistake.

RIP DAN DONLON

Last edited by ThatGuy86 : 01-30-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:12 PM #16
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
That annoyed the hell out of me. I only watched the first 45 minutes but they gave ron paul what, four or five chances to speak? And cut him off twice? When they asked him about what he thought of Reagan appointing sandra day o'conner, they let him say a sentence before they cut him off.

The slap fight they instigated between romney and mcCain was stupid and childish, they didn't say anything of substance. Paul is the only one of the 4 that seems to know exactly what they want to do should one of them become president. Romney, Huck, and McCain don't seem like trustworthy candidates in the least bit, they are extremely vague in their answers, ect.

Paul knows what to do. Ask him a question, his answer is "It's right there in the constitution. The other candidates don't seem to think the constitution is a worthy tool to run the country. It makes me sick to my stomach that one of those turds might have a legitimate run at the white house, all because of media censorship.

I wish Ron Paul would grow some balls and speak up. He should have interrupted that piss fight between mitt and john at LEAST after the first 10 minutes. Someone needs to stick that man with speed or slip him some adderol the next time he goes on stage with his rival candidates, his timid nature is starting to annoy me.

Perfectly stated. When Ron Paul actually does speak up, he makes great points, and people applaud. Like when he commented on the fight between Romney and McCain by saying, "We should be talking about real issues like foreign policy, not who said what when." I hope somebody who has more charisma and is about 30 years younger steps up next election with the same principles as Ron Paul and shows the Neo-Con toolbags what it means to be conservative. I personally think Ron Paul is a genious, but he is just too old and timid for prime time debate.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 PM #17
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
What I said before didn't come out correctly. I think as long as a candidate is running, they should be afforded the chance to speak in the debate. What I meant to say earlier was that I could see where he's coming from, but I don't really agree with it. I phrased it incorrectly, but I just edited. My mistake.
Ahh fair enough.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 PM #18
ClintonBaller2
blah

I cant stand CNN debates, at least it wasnt that sheep Wolf Blitzer though.
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:10 PM #19
ThatGuy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Ahh fair enough.
Sorry about that.

RIP DAN DONLON
Old 01-30-2008, 11:29 PM #20
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Corporate media can go to hell. Wouldn't it be safer if the debates were public: sponsored by out government, not by some news channel, mediated by some people that are on the pay roll of some giant corporation. Essentially, they have the power to control what happens in the debate because they are in charge. When did the debates shape into these.... things?

Something needs to be done about this.

*pumps shotgun*

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:52 PM #21
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
Corporate media can go to hell. Wouldn't it be safer if the debates were public: sponsored by out government, not by some news channel, mediated by some people that are on the pay roll of some giant corporation. Essentially, they have the power to control what happens in the debate because they are in charge. When did the debates shape into these.... things?

Something needs to be done about this.

*pumps shotgun*
Are you implying that Anderson Cooper VANDERBILT is part of some elite organization to quell dissent?!

But really, I feel sick about the whole thing. I think I may be voting for Obama in November.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I love Impulses is offline   Reply With Quote